Green tea Recipes

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jun 7th, '05, 17:12
Mod/Admin

Green tea Recipes

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:12

Does anyone have a recipe for low calorie, low fat green tea frozen yogurt and ice cream?

Jun 7th, '05, 17:12
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:12

Does anyone have a recipe for low calorie, low fat green tea frozen yogurt and ice cream?

Hayden Haller

Jun 7th, '05, 17:13
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:13

have a cookbook i sell that is labled cooking with green teas not sure if it has what your looking for or not. the book is at my store. If interested call glens teas -n- things 406-755-8327 glen

Glens Tea -N- Things

Mod/Admin

Thanks for the post.

There is a book by our friend Diana Rosen called "The Book of Green Tea," available on Amazon.com here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 580170900/

Many, many great recipes for all things green, including a delicious sorbet!

Enjoy,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Mod/Admin

I just love cold green tea I cant get enough of it? I like to use hony in my tea. I would like to know if any one know how to make it differnt?

sylvia gutierrez

Mod/Admin

Green Tea Smoothie
2tsp green tea powder
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 soy milk
1/2 fruit (i like kiwi,pear,apple,pineapple,honeydewmelon)
1/2 banana (optional, i like my smoothie thick.)
6 ice cubes
1tsp cinammon
1tsp flax (optional)
1tsp wheatgerm (optional)
1tbls mixed nuts (optional, i like almonds,cashew,walnuts,macadamia...etc etc)

Put all ingredients in blender. Pour in cup. Enjoy! Sweeten with sugar or splenda if u have an xtra sweet tooth.

GREEN TEA PANCAKE
1/2 cup instant oatmeal (uncooked)
1/4 cup cottage cheese
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
1tsp cinammon/nutmeg
1tsp green tea powder

Process in blender or food processor. Cook like pancake.
OR just add 1-2tsp of green tea powder to normal pancake recipe.

GREEN TEA CREAM CHEESE
1/2 whipped cream cheese
2tsp green tea powder
1/2 tbl hot water
2 tblspoon green onion

Place ingredients in blender/food processor and enjoy!

You can also add green tea to cheese cake, muffins, pies, bread...etc etc. I have tons of green tea recipes.

Kerra

Jun 7th, '05, 17:14
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:14

I would like to know if the health benefits of green tea only come with hot tea? Would I get the same benefits in sun tea, or if I just put a tea bag in a cup of water and let it sit for an hour?

Mary Thrantell

Apr 26th, '06, 12:04

by eflesher » Apr 26th, '06, 12:04

Here is a recipe for Mango and Green Tea Sorbet that I love. I think a friend of mine found it at weight watcher's, although I am not certain of the origin, but I digress....

Mango and Green Tea Sorbet Recipe
Ingredients
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup loose green tea leaves
1/2 cup sugar
3 ripe mangoes
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Instructions
Combine water and tea leaves in a saucepan. Bring just to a boil, remove from heat and let steep 5 minutes. Strain, discarding the leaves. (Do not press leaves to extract liquid, this makes the liquid bitter.) Return tea to clean saucepan, add sugar and bring to a boil. Boil until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool about 30 minutes.

Peel mangoes and cut fruit from pit. In a food processor or blender, puree mangoes with lemon juice. Add tea and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass 9-inch baking dish and freeze about 3 hours.

Transfer mango mixture to a food processor. Pulse until smooth, 30 to 40 seconds. Serve at once or store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Soften 10 minutes before serving.

Yield: 6 to 8 servings

Apr 26th, '06, 12:07

by eflesher » Apr 26th, '06, 12:07

This doesn't fit the low fat requirement, but it is tasty and I'm sure you could substitute something low fat for the cream if you want.

Homemade Ice Cream
Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe

Ingredients:
2 egg yolks, 2 tablespoons dry green tea, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 vanilla pod, 1 1/4 cups double (heavy) cream, 1/4 cup caster sugar, 1 1/4 cups milk, 2 tablespoons boiling water

Take the dry green tea and soak in boiling water with the tablespoon of sugar for 10-12 minutes. Into a saucepan put the vanilla pod and milk and gently bring to the boil then pour this over the tea. Leave to stand for 5 or 6 minutes. Beat the egg yolks with the 1/4 cup caster sugar in a separate bowl and then strain the milk mixture into it. Transfer to a saucepan and gently heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture is thick. Leave to cool. Whip the double (heavy) cream and fold into the cooled tea mixture. Transfer the complete mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.

+ Post Reply