Monday's TeaDay 4/28/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Philosophical, maybe, maybe not. Who would you have tea with if you could choose anyone?

A "special" TeaChatter
7%
A dignitary
No votes
A celebrity
4%
A Tea celeb of present day
No votes
A famous historaical Tea persona in his/her time
4%
Captain Picard or other "tea character" in his/her setting
9%
An old friend you have not seen/lost contact with
19%
A tea farmer as his guest
15%
Someone in history (non tea) in his/her time
17%
Other
26%

Total votes: 54

Apr 28th, '08, 03:49
Scrolling: scrolling

Monday's TeaDay 4/28/08

by Chip » Apr 28th, '08, 03:49

Yesterday, we continued on a philosophical TeaJourney. When asked what Teaware you would want to be, the top response was teapot. The discussion was very interesting as well. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Welcome everyone to TeaDay, our daily TeaPartee. Brew some tea and share with everyone what is in your cup today, all day. Frequent updates are a bonus. Make sure you check out what everyone else is sipping today as well...lots of fun to be had. If you need to reflect back on your TeaDay, you can do that as well!

Today, a philosophical question again? Maybe, maybe not...but guaranteed to make you think! So, share with everyone who you would share tea with today if you could. Have fun or be ultra serious. Anything goes on TeaDay.

I am anxious to hear your responses today as always. Great tea, great sharing...
Last edited by Chip on Apr 28th, '08, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 28th, '08, 03:56

by Terrasi » Apr 28th, '08, 03:56

I chose Picard, mostly because it was there, and looked funny.

I could show him how inferior replicated tea is to the real stuff.

I would like to know why my adagio orders keep coming with "Bolero" in them. It's sort of a random filler isn't it? Either way, that's what I'm drinking now, just to get rid of it faster (not that it's terrible or anything).

Edit: Forgot to add why I didn't pick the best choice; tea farmer. First of all, I wouldn't want to come off as a tea newbie (which I am), mispronouncing his/her tea, making various cultural mistakes, etc. It would be too nerve wracking.
Last edited by Terrasi on Apr 28th, '08, 04:07, edited 3 times in total.

Apr 28th, '08, 03:58

by bi lew chun » Apr 28th, '08, 03:58

Another brilliant question! Tea farmer ftw.

Hopefully I will have new tea later today; perhaps I'll report back then.

Apr 28th, '08, 04:26

by Trioxin » Apr 28th, '08, 04:26

I would sip tea with Charles Manson just for the pure insanity of it. Wonder it he would hold out his pinkie?

Currently drinking 2008 Castleton Moonlight

Apr 28th, '08, 05:07

by olivierco » Apr 28th, '08, 05:07

Well I would have tea with some of the teachatters.
If it has to be someone outsite the tea world, I don't know yet. I will think about it during the day.

This morning, Yunnan Golden Tips

Apr 28th, '08, 07:25

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 28th, '08, 07:25

I would have tea with an old friend who has been on my mind. This morning, Irish Breakfast. Cold and foggy here, so seems appropriate.

Apr 28th, '08, 08:11

by insanitylater » Apr 28th, '08, 08:11

tea with tom waits

i had a quick cup of puerh maiden this morning on the way out the door and ijust finished a bottle of golden oolong

Apr 28th, '08, 09:16

by omegapd » Apr 28th, '08, 09:16

Sir Thomas Lipton. I'd love to find out what he thinks of his "legacy" now...

Red Rose in my favorite Yixing this morning.

EW

Apr 28th, '08, 09:28

by Jack_teachat » Apr 28th, '08, 09:28

There's a couple of close friends of mine who I plan to have round for tea soon and I am currently in the process of planning how to do this best. I know that both of them enjoy green tea but have never really had any good stuff. I might wait for my Shincha to arrive.

Started the day with 5 steeps of Uji Gyokuro Kame-Giru-Shi and have just had my 2nd of Fukamushi Sencha Supreme.

A good Teaday so far! :D

Apr 28th, '08, 10:00
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 28th, '08, 10:00

Trioxin wrote:I would sip tea with Charles Manson just for the pure insanity of it. Wonder it he would hold out his pinkie?

Currently drinking 2008 Castleton Moonlight
Trioxin, you can pick some great teas, but I am a little worried about your taste in friends! Thanks again for sharing that eye popping Castleton FF. I may dip into it again this afternoon.

Sentimental me, I would always pick an old friend I have not seen.

Apr 28th, '08, 10:10

by Aphroditea » Apr 28th, '08, 10:10

This was a toughy....and I know several of you thought I might chose a "special" teachatter :P

There are so many interesting people in history and in the present and who I've never heard of and it is in my nature to want to hear about and from all those people!! So, it was REALLY hard for me to pick.

As I poured the water into my teapot though, I thought "Who do I want with me right now" and the first several people who came to mind were all friends who I rarely get to see anymore.

So, I am going the sentimental route as well.

In my cup: Straberries Romanoff Signature Blend

Apr 28th, '08, 10:17

by brianlavelle » Apr 28th, '08, 10:17

Great poll again, Chip.

I'd choose my favourite writer, Robert Aickman, just to see if I could find out a little more about what made him tick. Maybe the tea would help.

At the moment, drinking a bowl of Organic Kaoru Matcha: very nice indeed.

Apr 28th, '08, 10:37

by TimeforTea » Apr 28th, '08, 10:37

Interesting question. I chose "other", since if I could, I'd have loved to have tea with my now deceased grandmother.

She used to drink hot water with lemon, after giving up coffee years ago (I'm assuming it affected her similarly as it did to me). I would have loved to introduce her to tea, show her all I have learned, as I know she would have been interested.

She had traveled to China, so I would definitely have a cup of Chinese green with her...perhaps the one ironically I just drank this morning, Jade supreme. My grandmother and I also had a shared interest in health and nutrition, so that is another reason I would chose her.

We would sit on her porch, drink some tea, nibble on some homemade healthy oatmeal cookies, and chat for hours.
Last edited by TimeforTea on Apr 28th, '08, 10:43, edited 2 times in total.

Apr 28th, '08, 10:42

by bambooforest » Apr 28th, '08, 10:42

I went with a tea farmer... I just kept it simple; it would be wonderful to sit down with someone who grows the precious leaf for a living.

Preferably in rural Japan, on a small family farm that crafts the finest sencha in all of Japan. ^_^

Apr 28th, '08, 10:53

by xine » Apr 28th, '08, 10:53

my granmpy :) he's all the way in the philippines, and though he's not a fan of tea, we'd have a nice cup of the sig. blend i made in his honor and spend time together.

no tea just yet. soon enough.