Tuesday's TeaDay 4/29/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Chamekke is being a little nosey. She wants to know where do all you TeaChatters live?

US-NE
36%
US-SE
15%
US-MW
16%
US-W
12%
US-SW
10%
Alaska, Hawaii
No votes
Canada
3%
Central, South America
No votes
Europe
7%
Asia, Africa, Australia
No votes

Total votes: 67

Apr 29th, '08, 02:47
Scrolling: scrolling

Tuesday's TeaDay 4/29/08

by Chip » Apr 29th, '08, 02:47

Happy 3 month anniversary to TeaDay!

Yesterday, we asked who would you share tea with if you could choose anyone. The top vote getter was a non tea historical figure. You can still vote or discuss yesterday's topic.

Welcome one and all to TeaDay. Come brew a pot and share what is in your cup with all of us. Frequent updates are a plus. Be dure to check out what everyone else is sipping as well. You can reflect back on your TeaDay if you need to.

Today, Chamekke is nosey and wants to know where is everyone from. It is an official "Frivolous Post Day" all day long...if you call getting to know your fellow TeaChatters as frivolous. So! Share as much or as little information as you want here today. Does your town have a claim to fame? I hope you have some fun with this topic today.

Not sure of your region...check it out
HERE

I am looking forward to learning a little bit about my fellow TeaChatters today! Have an excellent TeaDay!
Last edited by Chip on Jun 20th, '08, 19:13, edited 5 times in total.

Apr 29th, '08, 02:52

by Terrasi » Apr 29th, '08, 02:52

Colorado is in the west right? i wonder if the altitude affects my tea. Maybe I should brew it 5 more/less seconds than normal. I'm just speculating.

In my cup: Adagios TKY. The closest to green tea I dare to wander.

Apr 29th, '08, 03:05

by Sam. » Apr 29th, '08, 03:05

From Texas, which evidently counts as Southwest. I'm in Montreal for school but I'll be back in TX soon and probably be there next year as well.

Apr 29th, '08, 03:11

by PolyhymnianMuse » Apr 29th, '08, 03:11

I live in Pennsylvania where there really isn't any good tea shops or stores, of course besides maybe teavana :P If you are aware of any though please inform me! I'm also looking forward to seeing where everyone is from, maybe I'll find someone in the same boat as me looking for good local places to buy tea stuff.

Apr 29th, '08, 03:12

by chamekke » Apr 29th, '08, 03:12

Nosiness is a very Canadian quality, therefore I must be from Canada :wink:

For those who like to think in a cross-bordery sort of way, I am also from the Republic of Cascadia.

By the way, Chip, that U.S. regional map is much appreciated. I had always wondered where the American Midwest started and ended. And all this time I've been assigning Michigan to the Northeast...

Drinking: crow.

Apr 29th, '08, 03:26

by Trioxin » Apr 29th, '08, 03:26

Mid west here. I love living in the bible belt. The only tea come in bags and the only concerts are country. Somebody please save me.

currently drinking Puttabong ff ftgfop 2007, but for most of the night its been a 2006 TGY Oolong courtesy of King Sal.

Apr 29th, '08, 03:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 29th, '08, 03:39

From Reading PA. Influenced strongly by the PA Dutch, Amish, and Mennonite, yet a remarkable juxtaposition atop Mt Penn hanging over a cliff, overlooking the city of Reading is the massive 7 story Reading Pagoda landmark. It lights up the skyline and can be seen many miles away.

Reading Pagoda

Other claims to infamy...defunct Reading Railroad (Monopoly) and nicknamed the Pretzel City...wooohooo.

Apr 29th, '08, 03:56

by Jack_teachat » Apr 29th, '08, 03:56

Leicester England which is the county town of the county of Leicestershire. I used to live near Cambridge and was born in Sheffield in South Yorkshire.

No tea yet but will probably have some Gyokuro later! Have a great day all! :D

Apr 29th, '08, 05:57

by olivierco » Apr 29th, '08, 05:57

From France.

Yunnan golden tips this morning

Apr 29th, '08, 06:20

by augie » Apr 29th, '08, 06:20

Trioxin wrote:Mid west here. I love living in the bible belt. The only tea come in bags and the only concerts are country. Somebody please save me.
Hey, Triox. Nowhere else can you buy a sodee or a "Sunduh"(sp?)! LOL
Does everyone in Peoria still say that?

I have lived in IL, MI, IL, IN. And only a few "tea shops" here, which I patronize in hopes that they will broaden their horizons . . .

Apr 29th, '08, 06:31

by CanadaBlue » Apr 29th, '08, 06:31

I currently live in Bel Air, Maryland. I'm originally from Toronto, and also lived for 10 years in England. I'm still a 'soccer' fan, and Chelsea is my team.

Right now there is nothing in my mug, but I'll look through my desk drawer in a while a pick an oolong of some kind. Time to get to work... :roll:

Apr 29th, '08, 06:58

by Trioxin » Apr 29th, '08, 06:58

augie wrote: Hey, Triox. Nowhere else can you buy a sodee or a "Sunduh"(sp?)! LOL
Does everyone in Peoria still say that?

I have lived in IL, MI, IL, IN. And only a few "tea shops" here, which I patronize in hopes that they will broaden their horizons . . .
Unfortunately it still plays in Peoria ... I work at a high end restaurant, and one of my fellow co-workers says sunduh. Drives me ape sh*t. Really though most people talk like they're hard core ghetto now. Nothen' as hard core as growing up in the suburbs "G". But it ain't nothin but a thang. Me and my pale skinned homies keepin' it real up here in suburbia.

Apr 29th, '08, 07:16

by Trey Winston » Apr 29th, '08, 07:16

Norway, in a coastal town where the painter Edvard Munch (the one with this horror) lived for a while. He claimed to have had the best time of his life here, but to me it's meh.

Usual SN fare today. I was able to convince a friend of the excellence of whites in general over the weekend. Possibly a convert.

Apr 29th, '08, 08:02

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 29th, '08, 08:02

I'm in southern MD and can't wait to move, which we will do this summer. It's our second tour here (we're Navy) and, let me tell you, that's one and half tours too many. I can't believe I had to answer "Northeast," being a southern girl and swearing I would never live this far North.

Hey, Chip: my husband's from Lancaster ....

No tea yet this morning and I have the shakes.

Apr 29th, '08, 08:49

by Aphroditea » Apr 29th, '08, 08:49

Sam. wrote:From Texas, which evidently counts as Southwest. I'm in Montreal for school but I'll be back in TX soon and probably be there next year as well.
I had the same issue.....but, I think most non-Texans consider us to be SW, so that is what I picked.

In Austin to be specific :) (Which is really like the West Coast stuck in the middle of Texas)

haven't got my cup ready yet....but whatever it will be, it'll be STRONG. Back to work today, but still sick....