Tuesday's TeaDay 4/29/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Chamekke is being a little nosey. She wants to know where do all you TeaChatters live?

US-NE
36%
US-SE
15%
US-MW
16%
US-W
12%
US-SW
10%
Alaska, Hawaii
No votes
Canada
3%
Central, South America
No votes
Europe
7%
Asia, Africa, Australia
No votes

Total votes: 67

Apr 29th, '08, 09:21

by Jack_teachat » Apr 29th, '08, 09:21

CanadaBlue wrote:I currently live in Bel Air, Maryland. I'm originally from Toronto, and also lived for 10 years in England. I'm still a 'soccer' fan, and Chelsea is my team. :roll:
"Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down..."

Oh Wait that's a different one! :lol:

Everton supporter here, what with my dads side of my family coming from Liverpool. I reckon you might just pip Manchester Utd. to the league.

Apr 29th, '08, 09:26

by TimeforTea » Apr 29th, '08, 09:26

I live in New Jersey...nothing special about my town. I used to live in upstate NY which had a lot more interesting history. However, I do live just 7 minutes from a nice tea room...even if it IS an English-style tea room... :roll:

The one great thing about NJ/NY...the BEST pizza and bagels in the USA!!

This morning, I have white monkey in my cup.

Apr 29th, '08, 09:29

by stargazer » Apr 29th, '08, 09:29

Columbus, Ohio

Drinking Jade Cloud from Rishi

Apr 29th, '08, 09:32

by henley » Apr 29th, '08, 09:32

Jack_teachat wrote:
CanadaBlue wrote:I currently live in Bel Air, Maryland. I'm originally from Toronto, and also lived for 10 years in England. I'm still a 'soccer' fan, and Chelsea is my team. :roll:

Thanx for making me laugh this morning. I needed it!

I'm in northeast GA at the base of the Appalachian Mtns. The trail head is in the northern part of our county.

Chocolate mint tea w/bfast this morning. Headed out for another busy day!
Last edited by henley on Apr 29th, '08, 10:07, edited 2 times in total.

Apr 29th, '08, 09:37

by vbguy772 » Apr 29th, '08, 09:37

I've lived on Florida's Central East Coast for the past 5 years. Before that I spent 32 years living in beautiful upstate NY but left because of the horrible weather there. I grew up in Pennsylvania near Reading.

CHIP - I have climbed the Pagoda in the hills of Reading many times as a teenager and even spent a summer as a busboy at Stokesay Castle. Is it still there ?

In my cup this morning I have Adagio's Irish Breakfast - it's yummy.

Apr 29th, '08, 09:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Apr 29th, '08, 09:57

Happy Anniversary!

West for me - California

Here in southern CA I guess aside from our now dwindling orange groves, our claim to fame is Disneyland.

In my cup - Everest breakfast blend - thanks omegapd

Have a nice day all!

Apr 29th, '08, 10:06

by LavenderPekoe » Apr 29th, '08, 10:06

chamekke wrote: By the way, Chip, that U.S. regional map is much appreciated. I had always wondered where the American Midwest started and ended. And all this time I've been assigning Michigan to the Northeast...
Don't worry. I'm from Michigan and think it is really silly that we are considered Midwest. We are almost completely in the Eastern timezone (which blows people's minds). I guess we are just conflicted here. :)

Anyway, Detroit represent! Well, if you consider the burbs part of Detroit, sure. No one knows where my city is, and since I am only a mile from the infamous 8 Mile, I will go with Detroit. As for Detroit's claim to fame? Well, I think you all know a few so I am not going to bother.
Last edited by LavenderPekoe on Apr 29th, '08, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 29th, '08, 10:08

by auggy » Apr 29th, '08, 10:08

Trioxin wrote:Mid west here. I love living in the bible belt. The only tea come in bags and the only concerts are country. Somebody please save me.

Trioxin, I went to school in Iowa. 4 years there and I was ready to beat myself to kill myself. Or someone else. In-laws are in in Illinois now and I try to avoid visiting as much as possible. And some of that has to do with the state, I swear.
Aphroditea wrote:
Sam. wrote:From Texas, which evidently counts as Southwest. I'm in Montreal for school but I'll be back in TX soon and probably be there next year as well.
I had the same issue.....but, I think most non-Texans consider us to be SW, so that is what I picked.
I'm with y'all on that issue. Thanks for the map, Chip. Otherwise, since there was no US-Texas option, I would have been lost. :oops:

Fort Worth-ish, Texas here. Really a little bit north and west but close enough.

Having an iced orange oolong this morning. No time to brew this morning, was running late, but brought all my goodies so I could make some green pekoe later.

Apr 29th, '08, 10:12

by Space Samurai » Apr 29th, '08, 10:12

Fort Worth, Texas.

I'm almost out of tea :!: :shock: :cry: I used up the last of my kukicha last night, I have a single serving of matcha left, and 1, maybe 2 rounds of sencha left.

Apr 29th, '08, 10:18

by Salsero » Apr 29th, '08, 10:18

Trioxin wrote: King Sal.
Thanks for the promotion, Trioxin. I'm appointing you Minister of Darjeeling. The Royal Printers will be getting the coronation announcements out posthaste. I have been so planning for this ...

Shan Lin Xi in my cup ... why didn't I bring oooooolong to work a hundred times before? Livin' large in Gator country.

Apr 29th, '08, 10:24

by omegapd » Apr 29th, '08, 10:24

Country Bumpkin living for me...about an hour North of the Florida line. Born and raised in South Florida, though, came up here for college 15 years ago and never left. No plans to either...

NMTC Assam in my pot this morning.

EW

Apr 29th, '08, 10:30

by BonBon » Apr 29th, '08, 10:30

I'm going with the assumption Colorado is west, right?

And this morning I'm drinking some Yutaka Midori. I really love this stuff.

Apr 29th, '08, 10:35

by insanitylater » Apr 29th, '08, 10:35

new jersey about 40 minutes from nyc

i made iced tea with the rest of my black tea yesterday and now all i have left is puerh maiden :shock:

Apr 29th, '08, 10:37

by fencerdenoctum » Apr 29th, '08, 10:37

I'm a Kentucky boy myself. Home of the Kentucky Derby, Corvettes, and bourbon. Can't beat that combo.

Today just might be a no tea day, but we shall have to see.

The Tea Sipping Swordsman,
Fencerdenoctum
-Seigi no tame

Apr 29th, '08, 10:45

by chamekke » Apr 29th, '08, 10:45

Jack_teachat wrote:

Everton supporter here, what with my dads side of my family coming from Liverpool. I reckon you might just pip Manchester Utd. to the league.
Heh. My husband is a Spurs fan. I spend a lot of time soothing him after matches.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly