Tuesday's TeaDay 4/29/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Chamekke is being a little nosey. She wants to know where do all you TeaChatters live?

US-NE
36%
US-SE
15%
US-MW
16%
US-W
12%
US-SW
10%
Alaska, Hawaii
No votes
Canada
3%
Central, South America
No votes
Europe
7%
Asia, Africa, Australia
No votes

Total votes: 67

Apr 29th, '08, 21:32

Re: location

by tenuki » Apr 29th, '08, 21:32

Terrasi wrote: Maybe I should go post in teawares, keep it a competition.
I just did. oops, now I posted here too. :(
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Apr 29th, '08, 21:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 29th, '08, 21:37

A lightly brewed light oolong in the morning, a bowl of matcha to save my soul in the late afternoon, and now putting a Da Ye Wuyi oolong through a wonderful session, thanks to the patient guidance of ABx, that quiet but deep river of wisdom. He told me not only how to brew it, but also how to think it. It's easy to forget, but expectations are as present in the tea session as are leaves and water.

Thanks again ABx!

Along the same lines, I love what Space said one night in the IM about the mental game: "I used to dislike tgy, but then I had one I really liked a lot, and now I can taste that in other tgy's." Experience shows us what was right in front of us all along.

Well, Little Piggy is telling me to stop yammering on: he wants to get to the pu we didn't have time for last night. I am trying to induldge him a bit since he is a little nervous today. It seems he received a sausage threat earlier. There be those as would 'ave 'im for theirn breakfast!

Apr 29th, '08, 21:38

by henley » Apr 29th, '08, 21:38

It's been an icky day. :( Thanx, DIR, for helping me decide which tea to drink tonight. It's been a while since I had blackberry.

Waiting to see if the day ends better or worse... :?

Apr 29th, '08, 21:50

by witches brew » Apr 29th, '08, 21:50

I'm so tired today that I think I can drink a cup of tea and fall asleep mid sip.

Ending the day with sakura sencha from ItoEn, in honor of the late-blooming cherry trees in the northeast.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Apr 29th, '08, 21:51

by Chip » Apr 29th, '08, 21:51

henley wrote:It's been an icky day. :( Thanx, DIR, for helping me decide which tea to drink tonight. It's been a while since I had blackberry.

Hope it gets better real quick!!! :D
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 29th, '08, 21:53

Re: location

by Chip » Apr 29th, '08, 21:53

Terrasi wrote:
Chip wrote:
Trivia of the day. TeaDay is within 5 posts of surpassing Teawares as the top posted forum on TeaChat. :!:
I'm surprised that's only happening now. This topic gets like 45+ post a day doesn't it?

Maybe I should go post in teawares, keep it a competition.
...but TeaDay is only 3 months old...today! Teawares is around 3 years old.

Apr 29th, '08, 21:57

by DangerInRed » Apr 29th, '08, 21:57

henley wrote:It's been an icky day. :( Thanx, DIR, for helping me decide which tea to drink tonight. It's been a while since I had blackberry.

Aww, I hope it gets better, and I'm glad to have influenced your tea decision! :D Blackberry tea always makes me feel better!

Which reminds me, this is the second time I've dreamt about it. The first time was making a cake using it. Now I want some blackberry vanilla cake!

Apr 29th, '08, 22:09

by henley » Apr 29th, '08, 22:09

DangerInRed wrote:Which reminds me, this is the second time I've dreamt about it. The first time was making a cake using it. Now I want some blackberry vanilla cake!
Sounds like a great tea recipe. I'll have to play with that next week when life settles down.

*raises mug for toast* Here's to the day ending better than it started! :wink:

Apr 29th, '08, 22:38

by augie » Apr 29th, '08, 22:38

Trioxin wrote: Unfortunately it still plays in Peoria ... I work at a high end restaurant, and one of my fellow co-workers says sunduh. Drives me ape sh*t.
LOL When my husband and I dated a waitress offered "J" a "Sun-duh". "J" says, "Uh, no thanks". She leaves and he asks me what is wrong with her and was she messed up on drugs or whatever . . . I explained that in this small band in Central IL a dish of ice cream with chocolate syrup over the top is commonly called a "Sun-duh".

Peoria is a great place -- I'd move back there in an instant.
How could you not love the city that gave the world Richard Prior? :wink:

Apr 29th, '08, 23:08

by scotty X » Apr 29th, '08, 23:08

solidarity, chamekke! i had no idea that not only was texas an independent country oppressed by the US government, but cascadia is as well. i had never even heard of cascadia, which goes to show how well the propaganda machine is oiled these days.

anyway, i just wanted to say that i support the revolutionary spirit of the republic of cascadia, though i am from texas and currently marooned in virginia. and to all the soccer fans out there, i don't think anyone is quite as sad as us arsenal supporters.

Apr 29th, '08, 23:25

by Chip » Apr 29th, '08, 23:25

henley wrote: *raises mug for toast* Here's to the day ending better than it started! :wink:
That is great!!! :wink: Now can I interest you in some lawn clipping tea? :D

Apr 30th, '08, 00:29

by chamekke » Apr 30th, '08, 00:29

RussianSoul wrote:I am in Midwest, Chicago.

Our chameleon Wrigley just died this morning, I am very upset. She was a cutest baby lizard.

Maybe I will have a cup of Ti Kaun Yin later. The Goddess of Mercy seems fitting the occasion.
Chameleons are such appealing creatures. I am really sorry to hear about your little sweetie.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Apr 30th, '08, 10:07

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 30th, '08, 10:07

Just now getting to this poll & thread (internet connection has been down).
I grew up in the beautiful midwest, a farm in central Illinois. But I've been in Colorado the 2nd half my life. Before checking Chip's regional map, I'd already marked SW on the poll because those of us in southern Colorado refer to our region as the SouthWest. Aw well, close enough. :)
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Apr 30th, '08, 22:53

by Ladytiger » Apr 30th, '08, 22:53

Interesting...I live in Pennsylvania. I've noticed that most tea drinkers on teachat are from the Northeast US where the Boston Tea Party happened. Pretty interesting if you ask me!