Sunday's TeaDay 5/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Hop asks, "How much of your day do you think you dedicate to 'thinking' about tea?"

What is to think about...pour in water...drink
2%
less than 30 minutes
24%
less than 60 minutes
16%
less than 90 minutes
9%
less than 120 minutes
13%
more than 120 minutes
36%

Total votes: 45

May 4th, '08, 11:45

by Wesli » May 4th, '08, 11:45

The question is: When am I not thinking about tea?

In my cup this AM is some very nice darjeeling from mightyleaf.

May 4th, '08, 11:57

by scotty X » May 4th, '08, 11:57

i do a lot of anticipating about my next tea, and usually i'll stare at the tea shelf, more dazed than thinking, till the inspiration to brew a particular tea strikes me. tea is more or less constantly in my frame of reference, even if i'm not directly thinking about, which i do often enough.

May 4th, '08, 12:01

by DangerInRed » May 4th, '08, 12:01

I'm spending more and more time as my obsession grows. I fear by the end of the summer I will have sold off all of my belongings in order to fly to China/India/Japan and pick tea for a living.

:D Actually, it's more likely that I'll just start investing more and more of my money made from selling off household items into teaware and exotic teas. Mmmm.

May 4th, '08, 13:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » May 4th, '08, 13:09

Yes, I think there definitely are times when I don't think about tea. I remember once about 8 months ago ...

So far today drinking Giddapahar Muscatel Imperial, 2nd flush, 2007.

The rose is Lafter, a Hybrid Tea class that withstands enormous abuse and can grow in Florida on its own root. This may be the first time I have ever used my cupping set, but I was inspired by a post Pentox had in his blog about a month ago. It's fun!

© Today I will be billing TeaChatters for all reproductions.

May 4th, '08, 13:20

by tenuki » May 4th, '08, 13:20

Salsero wrote:Image
Is that a bug in your tea? Sombody had a sweet photo session lately....
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

May 4th, '08, 13:28

by Salsero » May 4th, '08, 13:28

tenuki wrote:Is that a bug in your tea?
That is a piece of tea leaf in my tea, Tenuki. The bug is up my ... bonnet. And you will be happy to know that I used 2.5 grams of leaf.
tenuki wrote:Sombody had a sweet photo session lately....
The nudes are coming up next. You will be receiving my bill in the mail for this unauthorized repro.
DangerInRed wrote:I'm spending more and more time as my obsession grows.
Sorry to hear about the growth of your obsession, DiR. Is your avatar a bit of a Degas painting?

May 4th, '08, 13:42

by Proinsias » May 4th, '08, 13:42

Nice Sal, sympathy for omegapd's situation is the only thing preventing me from multiple copies and "so whatcha gonna do"s.

I breakin' out the bi lo chun again today after squeezing a last few brews from last nights loose shu.

Sometimes I think about not having tea, does that count? Like "if we go there then I won't be able to have tea for 8 hours" or "this stuff surely doesn't qualify as tea".

May 4th, '08, 13:53

by chamekke » May 4th, '08, 13:53

Salsero wrote:Image

The rose is Lafter, a Hybrid Tea class that withstands enormous abuse and can grow in Florida on its own root. This may be the first time I have ever used my cupping set, but I was inspired by a post Pentox had in his blog about a month ago. It's fun!
That photograph is beautiful... and so, in the tradition of TeaChatters since a couple of days ago, I "quote" it. What care I for bandwidth?
© Today I will be billing TeaChatters for all reproductions.
I thumb my nose at your copyright. Thbbbpt.

May 4th, '08, 14:00

by augie » May 4th, '08, 14:00

Salsero wrote: The nudes are coming up next. You will be receiving my bill in the mail for this unauthorized repro.
Hmmm, nude tea photos. Don't forget the rose clenched in your teeth.

I've only had three cups of tea this weekend. Iced Tea. I made the horrible mistake of taking a trip to Frye's.

May 4th, '08, 14:20

by Salsero » May 4th, '08, 14:20

Proinsias wrote:Sometimes I think about not having tea, does that count? Like "if we go there then ...
This is the kind of creative thinking that makes us love you so, P.
chamekke wrote:Thbbbpt.
:shock: I'm at a loss for words!
augie wrote:Hmmm, nude tea photos. Don't forget the rose clenched in your teeth.
I've only had three cups of tea this weekend.
Sorry, the plan was to display only the tea in the buff. Now if you would like to arrange a special show ...

[...and, take my word for it, if you go for THAT offer, it's the tea deprivation affecting your judgement.]

May 4th, '08, 14:38

by omegapd » May 4th, '08, 14:38

Proinsias wrote:Nice Sal, sympathy for omegapd's situation is the only thing preventing me from multiple copies
Hey Thanks! :lol:

There sure are some friendly people around here...

Enjoying some Organic Orange Spice stuff my wife picked out. Well, enjoying isn't the right word but she likes it. :wink:

EW

May 4th, '08, 14:40

by bambooforest » May 4th, '08, 14:40

Salsero wrote:
I think about tea often; I'm always on the quest for great tea. It's a constant adventure. But more importantly, I really want to put my hand through the computer monitor right now, grab that aromatic cup of darjeeling, and bring it to my lips. That would rule.

May 4th, '08, 15:28

by Cinnamon Kitty » May 4th, '08, 15:28

I think about tea a lot. I start the day with "what tea do I want for breakfast?" followed by "what tea would taste good during classes?" and "how much tea do I need for classes?" After that is "tea would taste good right now" or "I need more tea" repeated for the rest of the day.

Right now, I am at the stage of "what tea will help get me through working on my power point presentation that has to be presented tomorrow at 7pm?" I tried some Spring Darjeeling again this morning, but it still is not something that I really like yet so I need something better to function for the rest of the afternoon.

May 4th, '08, 16:01

by olivierco » May 4th, '08, 16:01

Houjicha, jasmine pearls and rooibos to end a nice 6 tea teaday

May 4th, '08, 16:09

by Chip » May 4th, '08, 16:09

Salsero wrote:

© ChipProductions.
In answer to the question...all of the above...all at the same time. Even when I am not "thinking" about tea, I am still thinking about tea. And if you incude TeaChat...well...let's not go there.

Still drinking leftover sencha Tokusen, still hoping the mail will bring shincha.

A piece of dark chocolate that I am willing to share...

Moved on to adagio TKY...