ingenuiTEA set

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Nov 21st, '05, 22:51

ingenuiTEA set

by tltfaas » Nov 21st, '05, 22:51

I just received my ingenuiTEA set and can't figure out how much tea to use. Two tablespoons made the tea bitter and two teaspoons made it weak and unpleasant. Does anyone know how much loose tea to use?

Bonnie[/quote]

Nov 22nd, '05, 08:29

by LavenderPekoe » Nov 22nd, '05, 08:29

Bonnie

That was quite a range of sizes you used there. 2 tablespoons equals 6 teaspoons, so you went down by 2/3. As for how much tea to use in the ingenuiTea, that depends on a lot of things. What kind of tea was it? Did you fill it all the way up?

The general rule of thumb is 1 teaspoon per cup of water for black and small leaf greens, 2 for larger leaves and whites. The ingenuiTea holds up to 16 ounces of water, so that would be a little over 2 teaspoons. Personally, though, I only use 1 teaspoon in my ingenuiTea, but that sounds like it wouldn't be anywhere near enough for you.
Teas for trade:

Nov 22nd, '05, 12:19

How Much Tea???

by tltfaas » Nov 22nd, '05, 12:19

Thanks Alicia,

That's really helpful. I'll start at two full teaspones and work my way up from there until I get it right!

Bonnie

Jan 7th, '06, 13:25

how much tea...

by cyenobite » Jan 7th, '06, 13:25

Hello all, My first post here in the Tea Chat room. I just recieved my first order which included the "ingenuiTEA" also. I've only made three mugs so far and am enjoying the new tea experience.
I too was confused (and slightly dissapointed) that there was no recommended serving size for the tea pot. I now know the teaspoon rule, and also understand it's a matter of personal taste, but I think this information should be part of the instructions or on the order form or somewhere for us new fresh tea drinkers.
Otherwise I am very happy with the product, order process, speed of shipping, etc... Nice work Adagio!
Cyen

Jan 9th, '06, 10:33

Re: how much tea...

by jzero » Jan 9th, '06, 10:33

cyenobite wrote:I too was confused (and slightly dissapointed) that there was no recommended serving size for the tea pot.
The reason is that the amount of tea leaves to use varies from tea-to-tea. The sample tins from Adagio do not list the recommended amount of water per teaspoon of tea, but the larger sizes do...for example the tin of Strawberry on my desk says "8oz - 212degrees - 5 min" which means 1 tsp of leaves per 8oz water, steep for 5 minutes at 212 degrees.
They Call Me Jzero

+ Post Reply