Bacon Flavored

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Nov 22nd, '05, 13:21

by Marlene » Nov 22nd, '05, 13:21

I had a tea once that smelled for all the world like old fish. It probobly tasted ok, but I couldn't get past the smell!
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Nov 22nd, '05, 21:38

by Ric » Nov 22nd, '05, 21:38

jogrebe wrote:I believe that there is actually a company or two that makes coffee flavored tea.

Also when I was in college somebody picked up a box of Lapsang Souchong teabags for me which attracted a bit of attention from my friends one of which summed it up well that this tea smells and tastes like smoked ham. Then when none of us liked it after passing around a single cup of it we ended up dumping them in the dinning hall and then a few of us filled out comment cards complaining about the horrible "smoked ham tea".
Now I love Lapsang Souchong, but whay you all had must have been real cheap! (And nasty to)
In God's Grace,
Ric

Nov 22nd, '05, 21:41

by Ric » Nov 22nd, '05, 21:41

Marlene wrote:I had a tea once that smelled for all the world like old fish. It probobly tasted ok, but I couldn't get past the smell!
I think I don't what to touch that one. :shock:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Nov 22nd, '05, 21:46

by jogrebe » Nov 22nd, '05, 21:46

Ric wrote: Now I love Lapsang Souchong, but whay you all had must have been real cheap! (And nasty to)
Yes it was a fairly nasty box of Twinings Lapsang Souchong. I resently picked up an ounce of Russian Caravan (that is just another name for Lapsang Souchong right?) at a local tea shop which I found enjoyable with sugar added. Regardless I probably won't be picking up more as my current tea policy is that if a tea (with the exception of chai and breakfast teas) is not drinkable without sugar or milk its not worth buying more of when you run out of it.

John Grebe

Nov 22nd, '05, 22:05

by Ric » Nov 22nd, '05, 22:05

jogrebe wrote:
Ric wrote: Now I love Lapsang Souchong, but whay you all had must have been real cheap! (And nasty to)
Yes it was a fairly nasty box of Twinings Lapsang Souchong. I resently picked up an ounce of Russian Caravan (that is just another name for Lapsang Souchong right?) at a local tea shop which I found enjoyable with sugar added. Regardless I probably won't be picking up more as my current tea policy is that if a tea (with the exception of chai and breakfast teas) is not drinkable without sugar or milk its not worth buying more of when you run out of it.

John Grebe
Russian Caravan (Which I( also love to drink) is not really Lapsang Souchong.

But one thing is true, Twinings is a tea to avoid!
In God's Grace,
Ric

Nov 23rd, '05, 09:20

by klemptor » Nov 23rd, '05, 09:20

Ric wrote:But one thing is true, Twinings is a tea to avoid!
I find that Twinings' CTC Irish Breakfast is decent. And, for a bagged tea, so is their English Breakfast. They're not my favorite, but they're not as bad as some brands out there. ;)
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Nov 23rd, '05, 21:55

by Ric » Nov 23rd, '05, 21:55

klemptor wrote:
Ric wrote:But one thing is true, Twinings is a tea to avoid!
I find that Twinings' CTC Irish Breakfast is decent. And, for a bagged tea, so is their English Breakfast. They're not my favorite, but they're not as bad as some brands out there. ;)
I will admitt that Twinings is better than lipton and whatnot (Heck I found a generic tea that was better than lipton), but I judt don't like to open a tin of Twinings and find nothing but tea dust. :roll:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Nov 23rd, '05, 22:21

by jogrebe » Nov 23rd, '05, 22:21

Ric wrote: I will admitt that Twinings is better than lipton and whatnot (Heck I found a generic tea that was better than lipton), but I judt don't like to open a tin of Twinings and find nothing but tea dust. :roll:
Strange the time that I bought a tin of loose TwiningsPrince of Wales tea I was surprised by how large the leaves were and how they were so "big and curley" being that it was the first time that I saw loose tea. Then again that was just once as I did not notice any difference besides the added hassle and I gave up on loose tea for a few years afterwords until I discovered Adagio where I could taste the differencen.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Nov 23rd, '05, 22:26

by Ric » Nov 23rd, '05, 22:26

jogrebe wrote:
Ric wrote: I will admitt that Twinings is better than lipton and whatnot (Heck I found a generic tea that was better than lipton), but I judt don't like to open a tin of Twinings and find nothing but tea dust. :roll:
Strange the time that I bought a tin of loose TwiningsPrince of Wales tea I was surprised by how large the leaves were and how they were so "big and curley" being that it was the first time that I saw loose tea. Then again that was just once as I did not notice any difference besides the added hassle and I gave up on loose tea for a few years afterwords until I discovered Adagio where I could taste the differencen.
Yes, I have see a "few" teas from their tins that would not pass as tea dust, but I just forget which ones they are.

But as I said before, if I had a choice between lipoton and Tiwinings, lipton hits the trash bin! :twisted:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Aug 26th, '06, 22:00

by jogrebe » Aug 26th, '06, 22:00

Bacon tea should be fairly easy to make just take some bacon bits crush them into fine pieces and try boiling them with your tea. Any ideas about which Adagio black tea would work best for making your own bacon flavored tea?
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Aug 26th, '06, 22:03

by peachaddict » Aug 26th, '06, 22:03

How about this for an idea: peanut butter black tea. How does that sound? Or maybe just peanut black tea. Crush some peanuts and brew them with the tea or something, maybe. I'm not sure if the peanuts would be noticable, but it would be neat to try, maybe...
"Oh, those are my subconscious thoughts. I shouldn't listen too hard if I were you. I'm not all that proud of some of them." - Doctor Who

Feb 5th, '07, 17:19

by guitarfreak2641 » Feb 5th, '07, 17:19

the peanut idea might be good.

Feb 5th, '07, 17:30

by Carnelian » Feb 5th, '07, 17:30

Peanut actually might work well, probably would be best with a strong smoky black tea. If it works I'd also be tempted to add some fruit flavor to it
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

+ Post Reply