I dont like bitter tea.

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jun 7th, '05, 17:19
Mod/Admin

I dont like bitter tea.

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:19

Hi
I have my first cup of green tea at kobes steak house, and it was good. But I don't know what tea it was all I know is that its a green tea. It wasn't bitter I'm going to buy the green tea starter set from adagio. I don't want to get it and the tea be bitter I'll just stop drinking tea again. Can someone help me make good tea?

Cody

Mod/Admin

Thanks for the post.

The trick to steeping green tea correctly comes in three parts: time, temperature and volume.

Using too much tea will make your tea bitter and your wallet empty. Too little tea will bring a weak cup and a sense of longing. The volume that is considered the "golden ratio" of green tea leaves to water is one and a half teaspoons of leaves per 10 oz teacup of water.

The ideal temperature for which to steep green teas is below boiling (180F). Remember to not over-steep, or the tea will taste bitter.

They say that "time heals all wounds." However, it also makes most teas turn bitter. For green teas, a little TLC must be employed, steeping for only 3 minutes.

Not bitter,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Mod/Admin

Thanks for the hlep. Im going to buy that green tea sample.
I didnt think and one would post, my post was so far down the list.

Cody

Jun 19th, '05, 09:38

cloudiness

by angie » Jun 19th, '05, 09:38

:?: The previous posting and answer was most helpful, thanks. I still have a question though. Living in Florida, I want to be able to have good ice tea. Preferably green tea. I've noticed that often when I brew tea and then place it in the fridge, it turns very cloudy and tastes different. (According to previous posting, I may have been steeping too long.) Is there any other important aspects, such as the type of container that you store it in; plastic, glass, metal, etc? Or is there any other "rules" regarding going from hot to cold? Thanks! - Angie ps-just found this site and love it!

Jul 15th, '05, 22:40

by PeteVu » Jul 15th, '05, 22:40

My favorite non bitter tea is sencha green tea, although i never bought any from adagio (i just discovered this wonderful site and am eager to try the teas and tell everyone in my "tea group" about them) and i dont really know if their sencha is the same as tenren's, which had a fairly poor dragonwell so i susspect the sencha may be poor quality as well.

As for iced tea I suggest you not refridgerate it but filter it through a stack of ice. Its a little extra work but I feel like it makes a better iced tea. Im not all that experienced with iced tea though, because i only make it for my guests. Just make sure you make the tea slightly darker to compensate for the ice that melts.

+ Post Reply