Nueve de Mayo, Viernes!!! 2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Let's get frivolous and learn a little something about each other. Chamekke asks, "What is the origin or significance of your username on TeaChat?"

My name (or part of it) in real life
31%
A nickname of mine
11%
A reference to tea
11%
A personal joke
5%
Just a way of hiding my identity {eyes dart from side to side}
11%
Other
30%

Total votes: 61

May 9th, '08, 04:52
Scrolling: scrolling

Nueve de Mayo, Viernes!!! 2008

by Chip » May 9th, '08, 04:52

Yesterday in a brisk day on TeaChat and TeaDay, responders voted overwhelmingly that they do not really change their tea drinking habits as the weather heats up. You can still vote! And discuss yesterday's topic!

Welcome to a Friday edition of TeaDay. All are welcome to share what is in their cup today. So fill up and tell the TeaWorld what you are drinking today, all day! Make sure you also check out what everyone else is drinking as well! If you need to, you can reflect back on your TeaDay as well.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is a little break from intence tea discussion and gives us a chance to learn a little something about our fellow TeaChatters. Chamekke was wondering about our User Names here on TeaChat. Share what is the meaning of your User Name! Do you use it on any other forums?

I will see you all on TeaDay!!! Remember, it is Friday as well, so Tea should taste even better today!?!?

May 9th, '08, 04:59

by omegapd » May 9th, '08, 04:59

These types of questions are always interesting to me too.

Mine is simple. It's where I work. :)

I use it for just about every other forum I'm on...

This morning I'm drinking Uncle Lee's Green Tea (at work) and waiting to get home to enjoy some NMTC Scottish Breakfast. Ordered some new blacks to try out yesterday and need to get through all my sample bags/tins before they get here.

Have a good morning, all.

EW

May 9th, '08, 06:02

by augie » May 9th, '08, 06:02

It's the name of:
1. my child
2. several male relatives
3. dog I had as a child.
Augie is dimmunitive of August.

Today is:
1. my last day of being a single-parent after a long week
2. Friday!
3. Payday

TGIF everybody.

May 9th, '08, 06:13

by Terrasi » May 9th, '08, 06:13

It means nothing. Maybe it does, in some foreign language. It was a word I used as some email address when I was 13. Just a way of hiding my identity.

In my cup: Chamomile

May 9th, '08, 07:24

by Proinsias » May 9th, '08, 07:24

Mad Irish vampire from a comic I read a long time ago. After trying out ten or twelve names on a forum years ago this one was not taken, it's remained untaken at most places I visit so I stick with it. It's also rather confusing for many people to pronounce, which is nice.

Just building up to the first brew of the day. Not certain yet but I'm swithering between Darjeeling and Qimen.

Only five hours of tea drinking to go before I have to head around to my friends and make the switch to bourbon and fancy cigarettes, I wouldn't go to see Willie Nelson live any other way.

May 9th, '08, 07:29

by Ron Gilmour » May 9th, '08, 07:29

I don't think I really need to answer this one.

This morning I'm drinking Ceylon OP from Adawatte Estate. I'm not usually a big Ceylon drinker, but I'm really enjoying this one. Lots of the good kind of astringency and a sweet raisiny aftertaste. Highly recommended.

May 9th, '08, 07:43

by chrl42 » May 9th, '08, 07:43

It's a name cos I wanna be Charlie Brown.

2008 Zheng Yan Da Hong Pao today, which might need more storing..

May 9th, '08, 07:59

by witches brew » May 9th, '08, 07:59

It is a reference to how I blend tisanes with a variety of ingredients.

And I really am the good TeaWitch of the East.

Starting the day with genmaicha. This may be the only tea I get to enjoy today.
Last edited by witches brew on May 9th, '08, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.

May 9th, '08, 08:07

by ThinkingOutLoud » May 9th, '08, 08:07

It's from an Emiliana Torrini song of the same name ...

"Sorry it was me, was I thinking out loud?"

Earl Grey Bravo this morning, 7 minutes to bring out more of the pear flavor. I would have gone longer than 7, but that's the max on my triniTEA and on this rainy day (with tornado watches), I wanted a hearty pot.

May 9th, '08, 08:49

by Selaphiel » May 9th, '08, 08:49

Selaphiel is the name of one of the seven archangels. I`m fascinated by angels and I often use their names as nicknames. The reason I chose this one is that I like the depiction of this particular angel, he is the angel of prayer and is often depicted in humble prayer.

Today I started with two of the new 2008 Darjeeling First Flush teas I required.

Darjeeling Phuguri DJ14 S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1 and Darjeeling Risheehat DJ17 S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1.

Both very delicious teas. The Risheehat one is pretty heavy on the fruity aromas, a bit woody in the background. The Phuguri had a lot of cooked sweet vegetable aromas, but you also find plant and fruit aromas, pretty complex tea.
Feels weird drinking Darjeelings again after a long period of mostly Japanese green tea :shock:

May 9th, '08, 08:51

by Warden Andy » May 9th, '08, 08:51

Heywood Banks "Yeah Toast" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_FIwX1 ... re=related

I just replaced toast with tea, then replaced tea with spring the first day of spring. I'm now afraid to change it while it's spring, and the weather is nice (not snowing). When spring is over, I'll probably go back to warden, which is an anagram of my real name.

Black tea has replaced my morning gourd of yerba, so it's keemun concerto this morning.
Super elite tea facist....

May 9th, '08, 09:26

by Beanbean » May 9th, '08, 09:26

It's a duplication of the nickname my DH gave to me when we first started dating 18 years ago. :shock: He still calls me by that nickname, so much so that when my son was about three years old he told someone that his mother's name was "Bean". :D

I'm drinking a bold pot of Assam this morning. I have some writing to do and I'm hoping the tea will help.

May 9th, '08, 09:29

by Salsero » May 9th, '08, 09:29

It means I love Ruben Blades, Willie Colón, Ismael Miranda, Héctor LaVie, Celia Cruz, El Grupo Nuevo y Experimental Neuyorriquino, Johnny Pacheco, Tito Rodriquez, and all people moving rythmically to music.

Today's photo is a response to your numerous expressions of incredulity about the butch-osity of yesterday’s teaware. I am not so easily defeated, always remembering that “A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory,” and the course to victory is just what this he-man is all about. Wide receivers, gun safes, illicit afternoon affairs, drill presses, breech load, and bench presses.

I have identified the source of your doubts, gentle readers. Originally I had planned to include the macho, all-black, hei nei teapot in the photo but I forgot it in the kitchen. It’s only natural you did not get the full effect. So today’s is a make-up pic to include not just the very butch wooden coaster but also the ultra-guy pot.

Actually, it’s just that I love this little saucer so much I had to feature it again. It’s been the highlight of my week!

May 9th, '08, 09:32

by TimeforTea » May 9th, '08, 09:32

Interesting question. I'm enjoying reading everyone's replies so far this morning.

I wanted my name to be tea related and gender specific. My husband once told me about a financial news anchor who was once referred to as "The Street Sweetie" in someone's blog. So from there, "Tea Sweetie" was born.

My birthday morning cup of tea: White Peach. Perhaps later today I will treat myself to a soy green tea latte from :evil: Starbucks. Hopefully there will be tea where we decide to go out to dinner! Maybe even my double-walled glass tea cups will arrive today, too!
Last edited by TimeforTea on May 9th, '08, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

May 9th, '08, 09:34

by Proinsias » May 9th, '08, 09:34

Re macho tea: I had a plumber & electrician in recently who were in their fifties they were mocking my baby tea drinking, aka da hong pao. I asked them if they would prefer a teabag with some milk and sugar in it instead of baby tea and they were very happy with their sweet, milky manly tea.