Diez de Mayo, Sabado 2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The Pink Monkey asks, "besides sipping, what else do you do with your tea, the one you do most?"

Medicinal
11%
Scenting
No votes
Cooking
21%
Crafting
5%
Spa treatments...TeaBath anyone?
11%
ummm, smokin'
13%
Other
39%

Total votes: 38

May 10th, '08, 04:13
Scrolling: scrolling

Diez de Mayo, Sabado 2008

by Chip » May 10th, '08, 04:13

Yesterday in a frivolous display of posting, members top choice was that their user name was part of actual name. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Welcome everyone to another Saturday on TeaDay! What better day to fill your pot with some brew, and come share with us what is in your cup! Naturally you will want to see what everyone else is sipping as well! You can also reflect back on your TeaDay if you need to.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic was suggested by the Pink Monkey! She asks, for what besides sipping do you use your tea? I am sure you will have some unique and possibly bizarre uses. Share with us what else you do with your tea. This should be an interesting discussion.

I am looking forward to seeing you on TeaDay, drink up!

May 10th, '08, 04:18

by chamekke » May 10th, '08, 04:18

Cold, leftover, unwanted tea: to water plants with.
Exhausted tea leaves: as a mulch for house plants.
Stale matcha: for cooking, OR as an ingredient in a homemade facial mask.

There are probably a few other uses I'm not thinking of :)

May 10th, '08, 09:46
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » May 10th, '08, 09:46

I chose 'other' figuring 'nothing' must fall under 'other'.

May 10th, '08, 09:56

by Salsero » May 10th, '08, 09:56

This has been the first week of Shincha in TeaChat, and you can feel it in the air, see it in the Green Tea Forum posts. I hope that by now everyone who pre-ordered has at least one ultra fresh tea on hand. Those who did not pre-order, order now! What’s wrong with you peeps?

Green tea that is actually green. Who but the Japanese would ever think of such an idea?

Spring, Shincha, and love … The white glads in the upper right were growing strong and proud in the backyard till I cut off their heads. Skip James must have loved gladioli too, in either his own eerie and haunting falsetto or Jack Bruce’s resplendent voice:

• I’m tired of weeping, I’m tired of moaning, I’m tired of groaning for you.
    I don’t know what to do, don’t know what to do, don’t know what to do.
    I’m so glad, I’m so glad. I’m glad, I’m glad, I’m glad.

It’s Saturday, everybody, frolic!

May 10th, '08, 10:01

by RussianSoul » May 10th, '08, 10:01

What a refreshing picture, Sal! I really appreciate your sense of color!

Thank you for indulging us!

May 10th, '08, 10:07

by ThinkingOutLoud » May 10th, '08, 10:07

Salsero wrote:It’s Saturday, everybody, frolic!
"Showers this morning then scattered thunderstorms developing during the afternoon hours. High 61F. Winds N at 10 to 15 MPH. Chance of rain 50%."

Or 100%, as it's gushing outside my window right now. "Frolic" doesn't seem quite appropriate right now. How about "slosh" or "wade" or, better yet, "hibernate?"

As the saying goes, though, neither wind nor rain nor sleet ... will keep me from posting my tea package to henley! 8)

Irish Breakfast this morning, which seems completely appropriate, given the weather. And the only "other" thing I ever do with tea is mail it.

May 10th, '08, 10:18

by henley » May 10th, '08, 10:18

ThinkingOutLoud wrote: Or 100%, as it's gushing outside my window right now. "Frolic" doesn't seem quite appropriate right now. How about "slosh" or "wade" or, better yet, "hibernate?"

As the saying goes, though, neither wind nor rain nor sleet ... will keep me from posting my tea package to henley! 8)

Irish Breakfast this morning, which seems completely appropriate, given the weather. And the only "other" thing I ever do with tea is mail it.
It's funny you're posting now cause I'm getting ready to head to the PO myself. If the weather is that bad, STAY HOME, girl. Mailing a package can wait til the sun is shining!

May 10th, '08, 11:57

by joelbct » May 10th, '08, 11:57

Salsero wrote: Green tea that is actually green. Who but the Japanese would ever think of such an idea?
Indeed! How indebted are we to the noble Monks who first cultivated the seed of Camellia sinesis var. sinensis upon the shores of those blessed Pacific Isles...

May 10th, '08, 12:09

by Proinsias » May 10th, '08, 12:09

I'm pretty much with chamekke but I did click on the smoking option because I just couldn't help myself.

May 10th, '08, 12:27

by Chip » May 10th, '08, 12:27

Hi I am new to TeaChat, and love TeaDay!!! What a great idea. Brilliant. And so well executed. :wink:

I love sencha as you can tell by my name.

I am drinking Kirameki Shincha, a very elegant sencha, so smooth.

TeaBaths rock my world, but I do more cooking with tea than any other use.

May 10th, '08, 12:37

by Victoria » May 10th, '08, 12:37

Welcome ShinCha!! We drink a lot of oolongs around here. Maybe you should join a green board. :wink:

For the poll - TeaBaths of course! My morning brew is Darjeeling.

Happy Saturday everyone!

May 10th, '08, 12:41

by TimeforTea » May 10th, '08, 12:41

I chose "other" since I don't do anything else with my tea but drink it. I do plan on one of these days cooking with tea.

Thank you for my b'day wishes yesterday! Sencha + chocolate b'day cake = delish!

This morning I had a nice mug of TKY.

May 10th, '08, 12:48

by chamekke » May 10th, '08, 12:48

Teasweetie wrote:I chose "other" since I don't do anything else with my tea but drink it. I do plan on one of these days cooking with tea.

Thank you for my b'day wishes yesterday! Sencha + chocolate b'day cake = delish!

This morning I had a nice mug of TKY.
Teasweetie, just wanted to mention - I love your avatar pic. That photo is beautiful.

May 10th, '08, 13:51

by Victoria » May 10th, '08, 13:51

Teasweetie wrote: Thank you for my b'day wishes yesterday! Sencha + chocolate b'day cake = delish!
Hope you had a nice Birthday Teasweetie!

My second brew of the day is an Upon sample Ceyon.

I know --- never say never!

May 10th, '08, 14:07

by RussianSoul » May 10th, '08, 14:07

I've been experimenting with my hatsumi since yesterday... Nothing to write home about yet. Wait, I am home.

So I made myself a nice cup of Dragonwell to calm my frazzled nerves. At least I know how to brew that.