The Value of Adagio Teas

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

May 20th, '08, 00:42

The Value of Adagio Teas

by PolyhymnianMuse » May 20th, '08, 00:42

I thought this might be an interesting discussion topic following yesterdays teaday results. I'm curious how you view the value of the teas Adagio offers. You can mention just one tea you have tried, a bunch, or just the overall value as a company. If you even want to take it a step further, are there any teas that Adagio offers that have the best value, meaning you wouldn't buy them anywhere else?

May 20th, '08, 00:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » May 20th, '08, 00:50

Well I'll step up to the mic. I think Adagio has the best TKY around, and at that price, it's a great value and a great everyday oolong. And the No 18 is pretty impressive too.

And the shipping prices are reasonable!
:shock:

May 20th, '08, 01:04

by Chip » May 20th, '08, 01:04

Unfair...I was going here in the current TeaDay series!!! Oh well...steal my avatar, steal my topics, just don't steal my teas!!! :wink:

Adagio...there are values on many levels.

The company commitment to furthering tea...look at TeaChat. It is not a selfish self promoting forum...it is the most open forum... the best all around English speaking tea forum possibly on the planet.

The tea. The teas are direct purchased from country on origin. And yet they maintain a value oriented price range.

Innovation...the Signature blends for one...

I have TKY, Oolong 18, sencha, Dragon Well to name a few around more times than not. I consider them to be great values and generally easy brewers.
Last edited by Chip on May 20th, '08, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.

May 20th, '08, 01:11

by Cinnamon Kitty » May 20th, '08, 01:11

I've found that Adagio has good teas with reasonable prices and very fast shipping. The only thing that I view as a slightly negative value is that I have to pay $5.75 for shipping instead of $3.75 since I live in a rural area. For me, the speed of shipping and the quality of the teas that I order outweigh the extra $2.

The teas that I have found that are the best value for me are the Vanilla Rooibos and Foxtrot. I haven't found another vendor that makes a vanilla flavored Rooibos as good as the one offered by Adagio and the Foxtrot Blend seems to be unique to Adagio. The sample tins of tea are also something that I find as a good value since they are very reasonably priced and hold enough tea to thoroughly taste it.

May 20th, '08, 01:12

by PolyhymnianMuse » May 20th, '08, 01:12

Haha well you know Chip, great minds think alike :lol:

May 20th, '08, 02:08

by Chip » May 20th, '08, 02:08

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:Haha well you know Chip, great minds think alike :lol:
Funny, I was just thinking the exact same thing. :idea:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 20th, '08, 08:19

by omegapd » May 20th, '08, 08:19

While I like many things I've ordered from Adagio, I really think their flavored blends shine the most compared to other vendors.

May 20th, '08, 08:49

by witches brew » May 20th, '08, 08:49

I always go on about customer experience, that elusive thing that is part customer service, part innovation, part quality and part je ne sais qois. Well, Adagio gives good customer experience.

With overnight delivery, I feel like Adagio is one of my local merchants. *waves across the river to NJ*

With TeaChat, they have created a salon where we can sip our tea, learn and converse.

As for the teas, I appreciate the gentle hand that creates the flavored teas. Not all vendors are as subtle. I appreciate the fresh and fragrant herbs for tisanes.

GOOD JOB, ADAGIO!

May 20th, '08, 20:33

by neowolf » May 20th, '08, 20:33

I haven't been ordering from them for too long, in fact still getting into the world of genuinely good tea! However Adagio's selection and customer service have been stellar, and while browsing around online their prices stand out as being top notch as well!

May 20th, '08, 22:42

by Katrina » May 20th, '08, 22:42

I think Adagio has done an amazing job with introducing people to loose leaf tea. The company has made it feel accessible. There's nothing pretentious or intimidating about the world of Adagio. The website is full of information and being able to see the reviews/ratings of others has definitely inspired me to try new teas.

The fact that the forum is as open as it is amazes me. Adagio shows tremendous confidence in its products by letting posters write about other companies. 1) They know that we are all on this forum because we've already discovered the value of Adagio. 2) I suspect they learn a great deal about what people are interested in by seeing these referrals.

While I do often order from other companies for my higher end teas, I will continue to explore Adagio for its unique blends and reasonable prices.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

May 20th, '08, 23:08

by Carnelian » May 20th, '08, 23:08

When it comes to wanting to try something different in tea, I'm the least timid about Adagio. They have a great price range for any tea company, and they back it up with dedicated staff (best customer service I've ever encountered, including non-tea companies), amazing quality, and a commitment to consistency (like commisioning an entire line of glass teaware after jenaer glas went away)
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Aug 20th, '08, 16:38

by Dakota » Aug 20th, '08, 16:38

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:I've found that Adagio has good teas with reasonable prices and very fast shipping. The only thing that I view as a slightly negative value is that I have to pay $5.75 for shipping instead of $3.75 since I live in a rural area. For me, the speed of shipping and the quality of the teas that I order outweigh the extra $2.
I don't mean this to sound snotty, BUT, consider yourself lucky that you only have to pay $2.00 more for living in a rural setting.....I have it shipped to a PO Box as I travel A LOT and I have to pay $7.75 for shipping!! Wanna trade? The PO Box is IN TOWN and I still pay a lot more.

Just my 2 cents worth (that's all I have left after shipping!!! LOL) :lol:
If you have it....a truck brought it!!

Aug 20th, '08, 17:04

by geeber1 » Aug 20th, '08, 17:04

Adagio tea is a great value and a great e-tailer. I agree with Cinnamon Kitty about the rural surcharge, I have to pay it also. It's worth it to pay the extra for the quality of the tea, but no other website has ever charged me a rural surcharge.

Adagio's customer service is excellent also. They are quick to reply to questions and very friendly.

Aug 20th, '08, 17:23

by Cinnamon Kitty » Aug 20th, '08, 17:23

Dakota wrote:
Cinnamon Kitty wrote:I've found that Adagio has good teas with reasonable prices and very fast shipping. The only thing that I view as a slightly negative value is that I have to pay $5.75 for shipping instead of $3.75 since I live in a rural area. For me, the speed of shipping and the quality of the teas that I order outweigh the extra $2.
I don't mean this to sound snotty, BUT, consider yourself lucky that you only have to pay $2.00 more for living in a rural setting.....I have it shipped to a PO Box as I travel A LOT and I have to pay $7.75 for shipping!! Wanna trade? The PO Box is IN TOWN and I still pay a lot more.

Just my 2 cents worth (that's all I have left after shipping!!! LOL) :lol:
geeber1 wrote:Adagio tea is a great value and a great e-tailer. I agree with Cinnamon Kitty about the rural surcharge, I have to pay it also. It's worth it to pay the extra for the quality of the tea, but no other website has ever charged me a rural surcharge.
Geeber1 explained what I was trying to say a little bit better. Adagio is the only vendor that I've seen with a rural surcharge, but it is a small amount and fully worth it with the speed of the shipping. Other vendors have flat rates for shipping, but may take a little longer so it is definitely worth it for those of us who live in a rural area.

Aug 20th, '08, 17:37

by Dakota » Aug 20th, '08, 17:37

Yeah, I agree with everyone on this too. I guess I just don't understand the reason behind the post office being so high over the others, PLUS, I don't EVER get free shipping no matter how much I will spend.

BUT, like you all said, the value is great and extremely quick. I'm not complaining, just not sure of reasoning......like everyone else. :D
If you have it....a truck brought it!!

+ Post Reply