tuesday TEADAY 5/20/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Besides TEA, what other serious food interests do you have?

Wine
4%
Chocolate
13%
Gourmet cooking
7%
Baking
4%
Beer
15%
Spirits
2%
Fine Dining
5%
Sushi
5%
Ethnic cuisine
11%
Fruits or veggies
5%
Other
29%

Total votes: 55

May 20th, '08, 18:51
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » May 20th, '08, 18:51

I take it there's no way to choose more than one option in these polls.

May 20th, '08, 19:08
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 20th, '08, 19:08

padre wrote:I take it there's no way to choose more than one option in these polls.
You take it correctly. It is not an option. I am sure it could be changed with an add on or some progamming. Hopefully one day.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 20th, '08, 19:12

by CanadaBlue » May 20th, '08, 19:12

I choose Beer - craft and micro brews more of a passion to me than tea is now.

Tea and Beer have been part of my weight loss and healthy eating diet the last year or so. :roll: :shock:

Eat well and drink in moderation.

May 20th, '08, 19:17

by Ron Gilmour » May 20th, '08, 19:17

Living in the Finger Lakes region of New York, one is required to at least be able to fake some knowledge of wine. It isn't an interest that I indulge in very much (too expensive and high calorie), but I enjoy a little wine when I can. I'm particularly partial to Sauvignon blancs from down under and our Finger Lakes dry Reislings.

I've been drinking Phuguri estate Darjeeling all day! It's not my top choice for this years first flushes, but it's still pretty darn good.

May 20th, '08, 19:24

by Pentox » May 20th, '08, 19:24

So far in the cup:

Tao of Tea Sencha Midori - Cold brew style.

May 20th, '08, 22:01

by Chip » May 20th, '08, 22:01

A tea I found in a small clear baggy a little while back...I remembered recently that it is a loose pu-erh from Marshaln when I first joined TC 2 years ago. It somehow found its way into a kitchen drawer.

So, I finally decided to see if I had ruined it. I am amazed how good it still is. Only pu-erh could be neglected this way and still shine.

May 20th, '08, 22:17

by augie » May 20th, '08, 22:17

Cooking & baking. We have a sourdough culture in the fridge that we keep forgetting about. We also just got a new smoker to keep the kids fed. Nothing like bringing home a 3 lb roast from the store and listening to your 14 y.o. ask, "that's enough for me . . . what are the rest of you eating?"

May 20th, '08, 22:25

by scotty X » May 20th, '08, 22:25

i had to vote a la chip, as the poll is basically a list of my favorite things, which i pursue with perhaps excess passion, a la tenuki. baking is probably my favorite, especially since i started working at a bread bakery, which has immensely expanded my perspective not only on food, but on life. there's just something about working with microfauna - while drinking tea, no less - that really stimulates me...

May 20th, '08, 22:31

by Victoria » May 20th, '08, 22:31

Chip wrote:A tea I found in a small clear baggy a little while back...I remembered recently that it is a loose pu-erh from Marshaln when I first joined TC 2 years ago. It somehow found its way into a kitchen drawer.

So, I finally decided to see if I had ruined it. I am amazed how good it still is. Only pu-erh could be neglected this way and still shine.
Anything but that orange blossom oolong, huh?
:twisted:

I had a tough day at work installing new computers and all the joys that come with that, including programs not working, lost drivers, non-compatible printers and loss of info during the transfer. It was so busy I HAD NO TEA at work. So I have had only my morning brew and feeling rather grumpy about it.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

May 20th, '08, 22:43

by Space Samurai » May 20th, '08, 22:43

I chose other.

I dabble in beer, wine, chocolate, and olive oils. I try to stay familiar with and promote gluten-free foods and Fair Trade. I took a class on Kosher foods in March. Cheese is something that I'd like to get into next.

Though none of these interests match my involvement with tea, I try to know at least a little bit about each.

May 20th, '08, 22:54

other interests

by jim109 » May 20th, '08, 22:54

I voted for "Fine Dining", such a treat at times! Yunnan Gold today from my new delivery from Adagio.....bitter!!!! nothing like last years!!

Just recieved Shincha Houryoku and Fukamushi Sencha Supreme..cant wait!
Jim

May 20th, '08, 23:05

by Chip » May 20th, '08, 23:05

Victoria wrote:
Chip wrote:A tea I found in a small clear baggy a little while back...I remembered recently that it is a loose pu-erh from Marshaln when I first joined TC 2 years ago. It somehow found its way into a kitchen drawer.

Anything but that orange blossom oolong, huh? :twisted:

I had a tough day at work installing new computers and all the joys that come with that, including programs not working, lost drivers, non-compatible printers and loss of info during the transfer. It was so busy I HAD NO TEA at work. So I have had only my morning brew and feeling rather grumpy about it.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Hmmm, I did not even realize I had done that!

Sorry about your tough day! Computers bring us to happy places like TeaChat...as well as places like hell of earth.

Tomorrow will be better I hope!

Jim109, sounds like you will be turning out some serious FUKAMUSHI!!!

May 20th, '08, 23:20

by joelbct » May 20th, '08, 23:20

Nothing at the level of my interest in tea.

I am, however, a fan of organic and non-over-processed/over-packaged food, particularly plant-based food: whole grains, fruits, vegetables, tempeh, curry, lentils, beans, miso, soy sauce, cayenne, estate olive oils, that sort of thing.

I also love pomegranate juice, I buy it from concentrate which is quite economical. Drink the stuff every day, goes great with seltzer...

May 21st, '08, 01:37

by Chip » May 21st, '08, 01:37

joelbct wrote:Nothing at the level of my interest in tea.

I am, however, a fan of organic and non-over-processed/over-packaged food, particularly plant-based food: whole grains, fruits, vegetables, tempeh, curry, lentils, beans, miso, soy sauce, cayenne, estate olive oils, that sort of thing.

I also love pomegranate juice, I buy it from concentrate which is quite economical. Drink the stuff every day, goes great with seltzer...
mmm...*loves pom juice* I drink it like wine, in small glassware.

May 21st, '08, 05:35

by Beidao » May 21st, '08, 05:35

Eastree wrote:Bei Dou
That's almost me! :lol:
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror