Morrocan Mint?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jun 8th, '05, 11:55
Mod/Admin

Morrocan Mint?

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 11:55

Hi :D

My husband and I are big fans of traditional Morrocan Mint tea. I notice Adagio has its Casablanca twist, which is a little different. I am torn between buying Adagio's gunpowder tea and peppermint tea and mixing my own, and trying the Casablanca twist.

If I mixed my own, how many ounces of gunpowder and how many ounces of peppermint would I have to combine? Would I follow the steeping directions for the gunpowder tea?

What exactly is the taste difference between traditional Morrocan Mint and the Casablanca Twist? (Sorry for the weird question )

Thanks and best wishes,
Stephenie

Jun 8th, '05, 11:56
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 11:56

Stephenie--

Thanks for the post.

The taste difference is the between the gunpowder and the darjeeling. The gunpowder has a dark, smoky taste and the spring darj is light and green.

Tea blending is not a science, rather an art-- finding the right ratios is really a matter of taste. A good starting place would be 50-50. This should be steeped with 180 degree water for 3 min (also adjustable depending on strength preference).

In Casablanca's defence, we created this blend specifically to offer something that we felt was better than the traditional Moraccan Mint. I urge you to try this and create your own Moraccan Mint as well -- let us know how it turns out.

Looking forward,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

+ Post Reply