Amazing Yunnan / Puerh gallery!

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Amazing Yunnan / Puerh gallery!

Postby tenuki » May 22nd, '08, 20:57

Clicky
V

Image<- Clicky

^
Clicky


(thank teamasters for the link)

Last edited by tenuki on May 22nd, '08, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby silverneedles » May 22nd, '08, 21:57

real nice, thanks for the find!

User avatar silverneedles
Posts: 558
Joined: Feb 27, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: TX <- NY
Contact silverneedles:

Postby hop_goblin » May 23rd, '08, 10:33

Cool pics!!

User avatar hop_goblin
Posts: 1955
Joined: May 22, '06
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Contact hop_goblin:

Postby Wesli » May 23rd, '08, 14:23

Plow that shu boys!
Image

Looks like that kid is literally making tea with the sweat of his back!

User avatar Wesli
Posts: 1611
Joined: Jun 08, '07
Location: 3161 A.D.
Contact Wesli:

Postby tenuki » May 23rd, '08, 14:45

Wesli wrote:the sweat of his back!


ancient recipe 20680 calls for it.


note on trading number decoding: The first digits are the year the 'recipe' was first created and puerh is generally thought to have started aroun 200CE, the second to the last is the grade of leaves (8 being lowest), and the last is the factory number ( 0 meaning unknown). So it's my attempt at a puerh joke, basically saying 'since the beginning of puerh crappy shu of unknown origin requires peasant sweat. Jokes should not require explaination. I'm a failure.

User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby Victoria » May 23rd, '08, 16:30

Cool pics, thanks!

User avatar Victoria
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 08, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact Victoria:

Postby PolyhymnianMuse » May 23rd, '08, 17:39

tenuki wrote:
Wesli wrote:the sweat of his back!


ancient recipe 20680 calls for it.


note on trading number decoding: The first digits are the year the 'recipe' was first created and puerh is generally thought to have started aroun 200CE, the second to the last is the grade of leaves (8 being lowest), and the last is the factory number ( 0 meaning unknown). So it's my attempt at a puerh joke, basically saying 'since the beginning of puerh crappy shu of unknown origin requires peasant sweat. Jokes should not require explaination. I'm a failure.


Haha Tenuki the really funny thing is I think your joke is even better with the explanation :lol:

MMMMMmmmmm..... Fermented Tea Sweat Shu..... YUM!

User avatar PolyhymnianMuse
Posts: 754
Joined: Dec 30, '07
Location: Earth

Postby tenuki » May 23rd, '08, 18:03

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:I think your joke is even better with the explanation :lol:


thanks, I'm kinda post modern like that.

User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby silverneedles » May 23rd, '08, 19:13

"someone" should pay these workers to keep their shirts on, gloves on, and shoes only to wear in the factory...
120$/lb of leaf mixed with sweat, dirt, cigs, hair, bugs, etc is not my kinda deal
/rant...

User avatar silverneedles
Posts: 558
Joined: Feb 27, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: TX <- NY
Contact silverneedles:

Postby tenuki » May 23rd, '08, 19:43

Funny, I grew up in farm country in the midwest and that aspect of it just didn't bother me. I think that reaction is just city folks not knowing where their food comes from. (?)

User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby silverneedles » May 23rd, '08, 19:50

i milked cows, played in chicken houses, cut their heads of, boiled them, plucked their feathers, farmed potatoes and corn. (with other family members)
but chicken, pig meat costs ... ~ 4$/lb, i dont mind any tooth, bone fragments feathers etc...

i wouldn't buy any meat that would cost me 120$/lb and have "stuff" on it...

User avatar silverneedles
Posts: 558
Joined: Feb 27, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: TX <- NY
Contact silverneedles:

Postby tenuki » May 23rd, '08, 19:54

silverneedles wrote:i milked cows, played in chicken houses, cut their heads of, boiled them, plucked their feathers, farmed potatoes and corn. (with other family members)
but chicken, pig meat costs ... ~ 4$/lb, i dont mind any tooth, bone fragments feathers etc...

i wouldn't buy any meat that would cost me 120$/lb and have "stuff" on it...


Heh, then I guess it's just me. :D

Farmers FTW!

User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby bearsbearsbears » May 27th, '08, 15:57

been there, done that.
:P

User avatar bearsbearsbears
Posts: 461
Joined: Jun 15, '06
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Contact bearsbearsbears:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 1 hidden and 1 guest