sunday TeaDay 5/25/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Tea nations ethnic foods, which reigns supreme???

Chinese
24%
Hawaiian
No votes
Indian
22%
Japanese
26%
Korean
8%
Thai
8%
Vietnamese
6%
Other
6%

Total votes: 50

May 25th, '08, 18:19

by chamekke » May 25th, '08, 18:19

Although I love all the Asian cuisines mentioned, for me it's always been a three-way tie among Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese food.

Today I am more in the mood for Vietnamese than the other two, so I voted for that. But it was a close thing. A well-made dish from any of these culinary traditions can easily bliss me out.

In my cup... Adagio's Dragonwell.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

May 25th, '08, 18:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 25th, '08, 18:27

chamekke wrote:Although I love all the Asian cuisines mentioned, for me it's always been a three-way tie among Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese food.

Today I am more in the mood for Vietnamese than the other two, so I voted for that. But it was a close thing. A well-made dish from any of these culinary traditions can easily bliss me out.

In my cup... Adagio's Dragonwell.
Good to see our neighbors to the north are still drinking tea today. A quiet holiday Sunday on TeaChat...I wonder if most TeaChatters gave up tea for the day.

Adagio TKY...always good.

What is next...Japanese for certain.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 25th, '08, 19:00

by RussianSoul » May 25th, '08, 19:00

I really cannot choose between these cuisines, like them all. Although I never tried Hawaiian. So it is "other" for me.

Xu Fu Long Ya is in my cup. Very nice!

May 25th, '08, 19:48

by Victoria » May 25th, '08, 19:48

RussianSoul wrote:... Although I never tried Hawaiian. So it is "other" for me.
You've never had a hot dog?? Apple pie?? OY!!! I'm sooooo bad.
Sorry!

After spending about 35 minutes on a tea site and adding lots of lovlies to my cart, I came to my senses and clicked off. Whew! That was close. I seriously have too much tea. Drinking up the last of my Li Shan Jade Peak oolong right now and fighting off the urge to buy more of it too.

May 25th, '08, 19:57

by henley » May 25th, '08, 19:57

Victoria wrote: I seriously have too much tea.
You can send me the OBO & any other dark oolongs so you can buy more tea. See, aren't I a good friend to help you out? :lol: :roll:

May 25th, '08, 20:04

by Victoria » May 25th, '08, 20:04

henley wrote:
You can send me the OBO & any other dark oolongs so you can buy more tea. See, aren't I a good friend to help you out? :lol: :roll:
Thanks, that is very thoughtful!!

May 25th, '08, 20:20

by Chip » May 25th, '08, 20:20

Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:
Kirameki Shincha currently blessing my cup!!!

May 25th, '08, 20:31

by joelbct » May 25th, '08, 20:31

scruffmcgruff wrote:I find it funny how trendy it is to defame Americanized Chinese food.
Yours truly, Monsieur Trendy ;)

May 25th, '08, 20:39

by Chip » May 25th, '08, 20:39

joelbct wrote:
scruffmcgruff wrote:I find it funny how trendy it is to defame Americanized Chinese food.
Yours truly, Monsieur Trendy ;)
In a word...

FUSION
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 25th, '08, 23:14

food

by jim109 » May 25th, '08, 23:14

Had Shincha Houroku again this AM, three infusions, all very good!
Asian food is good, but I like my green tea in the morning with Italian bread for toast with butter!! Thanks Tenuki for the link, ordered one!! Jim

May 26th, '08, 06:31

by Beidao » May 26th, '08, 06:31

scruffmcgruff wrote:I find it funny how trendy it is to defame Americanized Chinese food. So what if it has been influenced by other cultures? Would anyone be so upset if it were Hunan-ized Szechuan food, or Korean-influenced Japanese food? I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing culture.
The thing is that I think Americanized food is not really Americanized. It sounds exactly as the Swedishidized Chinese food. What's sad is that people think this is the actual Chinese food. I love culture sharing but I appreciate it even more when I get aquainted with the actual culture. It's like the differense between green tea in bags with peppermint flavour, and a gyokuro.

There's a restaurant in Stockholm that cooks "real" Chinese dishes but they had to open the usual "Chinese" buffet to get people to the restaurant. People very seldom order from the authentic part of the menu. And when someone does, it's like party for the cooks because they came to Sweden to cook the food they're master at - not "Chinese" buffet.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

May 26th, '08, 10:44

by silverneedles » May 26th, '08, 10:44

i went to an "authentic" hole-in-the-wall looking like a native china boonies place in Hollywood, real scary looking, a foodie recommended place.

food looked "authentic"... 1 dish tasted like feet(house special chowmein, with some weird looking & smelling "parts" in the noodles); the other dish tasted good, but not mind blowing; and for the price i went back to my regular "americanized" chinese...