Wenshan Baozhong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Dec 6th, '05, 00:08

Wenshan Baozhong

by Libertatis » Dec 6th, '05, 00:08

Hello,

Is anyone here familiar with Wenshan Baozhong tea? i purchased some a while back and will soon run out. Is the pouchong tea that adagio sells similar? For those who do not know Wenshan Baozhong is a very delicate oolong from Taiwan, and i need more! (or something comparable!) Thanks in advance!
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." -Ben Franklin

Dec 6th, '05, 00:41

by teaspoon » Dec 6th, '05, 00:41

Ok I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with your post, because I don't have an answer for you. I just had to let you know that I love your username. Because I'm studying for my latin final tomorrow... and I saw your name and went "Libertatis?!?! Libertas libertatis libertati libertatem libertate libertates libertatum libertatibus libertes libertatibus!"

*sigh*

~teaspoona, teaspoonae (f)
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Dec 6th, '05, 00:58

by Libertatis » Dec 6th, '05, 00:58

Good luck on your test! I am glad to hear you are studying latin. I am currently studying ancient greek, but latin is next on my list!
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." -Ben Franklin

Dec 6th, '05, 02:00

by Robert Marotz » Dec 6th, '05, 02:00

I too am a little curious what kind of baozhong Adagio sells. I'm not very experienced with baozhong, except for spending an evening talking tea and philosophy in Taiwan (Maokong) while I was living there.

I don't really know if I like baozhong that much, but I'm an oolong fan and I will probably pick up a sample with my next order. :)

Dec 6th, '05, 13:38

by PeteVu » Dec 6th, '05, 13:38

so um... whats it mean? libertatis that is.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Dec 6th, '05, 14:48

by chris » Dec 6th, '05, 14:48

Wenshan Baozhong simply refers to a Pouchong (or "Baozhong") grown on the Wen Shan mountain area of Taiwan. While ours is indeed grown in this region, there is some variance among these teas in terms of quality and taste. Unfortunately, I can't give you a better answer other than our Pouchong is definitely worth a try!

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Dec 6th, '05, 14:56

by Libertatis » Dec 6th, '05, 14:56

Thanks Chris, I will try your pouchong then, i have enjoyed the other adagio teas i have tried, so i will trust you :)

PeteVu

Liberatis means Liberty/Freedom. for example "Vigilantis pretium Liberatis" means "Vigilance is the price of Freedom"

Dec 6th, '05, 15:44

by chris » Dec 6th, '05, 15:44

No prob!

Please settle a bet....who's your hot avatar? Ilya says it looks like Jessica Alba. While i can't put my finger on it, I know he's wrong.

Soon-to-be winner,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

(ps... I'm eating a free lunch now from the last bet Ilya lost and MAN is it good)

Dec 6th, '05, 16:19

by teaspoon » Dec 6th, '05, 16:19

Chris, I am going to laugh at you if Libertatis is a girl and the avatar is a picture of herself. Laugh REALLY hard.

Pete, see what science does to your brain? You can't even recognize cognates! Teehee...

~teaspoon

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Dec 6th, '05, 16:58

by chris » Dec 6th, '05, 16:58

Didn't think of that.... I just assumed that (besides you and I teaspoon) no one else uses their real face. Oh yeah, and Mike B.. That's what a lack of Petit Threes will do to a person.

If it is the "real you" Libby, sorry to embarass you.

Dec 6th, '05, 17:03

by teaspoon » Dec 6th, '05, 17:03

LoL hell if I were Libertatis I'd be flattered, if the avatar is her, that is. There are a couple of people whose avatars seem to be themselves. John? Ilya? Poor Mike B... somebody get that man a petit three, on the double!

~teaspoon

PS~My avatar may not stay as it is for long... muaha... I have a splendid plan.

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Dec 6th, '05, 18:06

by Guest » Dec 6th, '05, 18:06

Chris,

sorry but the avatar is not me, it is Kato Rosa. A very beautiful model in Japan. Here is a link (sorry couldn't find any links in english)

http://www.sma.co.jp/artist/rosa/

Dec 6th, '05, 18:10

by Libertatis » Dec 6th, '05, 18:10

oops that was me who made the above post, i didnt realise i wasnt logged in! :shock:

Dec 6th, '05, 18:13

by chris » Dec 6th, '05, 18:13

Your secret identity's safe with me, Libby.

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Dec 6th, '05, 18:15

by jogrebe » Dec 6th, '05, 18:15

teaspoon wrote:LoL hell if I were Libertatis I'd be flattered, if the avatar is her, that is. There are a couple of people whose avatars seem to be themselves. John? Ilya? Poor Mike B... somebody get that man a petit three, on the double!

~teaspoon

PS~My avatar may not stay as it is for long... muaha... I have a splendid plan.
Yes you guessed right teaspoon that I'm currently using a picture of myself as my avatar.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

+ Post Reply