I took the leap!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

May 31st, '08, 01:38

I took the leap!

by fodder0 » May 31st, '08, 01:38

Hey there everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone, and express my enthusiasm towards Adagio's INCREDIBLE tea. I've always been a light tea drinker, usually during various holidays/family gatherings my family has mixed some silly brand of green/black tea together, and never been much of a fan. I discovered this well-known secret Adagio through my favorite podcast DIGGnation, and seeing Kevin Rose always pump it up. I myself decided to take the leap and dive head first into the world of TEA, and so far on day 3.... and many many many cups later here I am.

Here's my Teaware and Tea Selection so far:

Glass Teapot -- Tea Party anyone? 8)
Glass and Mug Infuser -- Good way to enjoy a nice cup of Chamomile before bed
IngenuTEA Teapot -- Great to share a cup with a friend
UtiliTEA Kettle -- LOVE IT!
Herbal Tea Sampler
Green Tea Savant Sampler -- Finishing up my Gyokuro and Dragonwell, I hear Gunpowder is good, need to order a sample.
8oz Bag of Chamomile -- Much better than those silly tea bags I remember
Signature Blend Mintastic
Signature Blend Executus -- Very inspiring citrus flavor, just the zing I need :P
Signature Blend Love Child -- OOOHHH WEEEEEEE!!!!!11!!!1!ONEONE! :twisted:
Nepal First Flush Sample -- First tea I'll try in the morning, very excited :)

Still learning, and determining how I like my Tea, but its been very helpful to read these forums to find suggestions and advice. Looking forward to learn more about the different teas and live the good life drinking vast amounts of Tea :P :P

May 31st, '08, 01:46

by Wesli » May 31st, '08, 01:46

We warmly welcome you into our world of TEACHATTING!

May 31st, '08, 01:50

by PolyhymnianMuse » May 31st, '08, 01:50

Welcome! I look forward to seeing you around in the forums. What's great about teachat is that were basically all in a constant state of learning, you'll be sure to acquire much more knowledge about tea than you'd imagine possible :D

May 31st, '08, 01:52

by fodder0 » May 31st, '08, 01:52

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:Welcome! I look forward to seeing you around in the forums. What's great about teachat is that were basically all in a constant state of learning, you'll be sure to acquire much more knowledge about tea that you'd imagine possible :D
Thats what im hoping for :D I love spending hours reading forums during the evenings, gathering useful and useless information. :P

May 31st, '08, 01:56

by PolyhymnianMuse » May 31st, '08, 01:56

fodder0 wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote:Welcome! I look forward to seeing you around in the forums. What's great about teachat is that were basically all in a constant state of learning, you'll be sure to acquire much more knowledge about tea that you'd imagine possible :D
Thats what im hoping for :D I love spending hours reading forums during the evenings, gathering useful and useless information. :P
Hopefully you will find much more of the former than the latter :P of course pretty much everything posted here is interesting in some manner or another

May 31st, '08, 02:05

by fodder0 » May 31st, '08, 02:05

Hehe, should have specified a little more, I browse around 3 forums throughout the evening at the same time refreshing, checking out whats new, and digging back into older threads. Unfortunately most entertainment news is useless... Now anything involving Tea is useful at this point, im a complete newbie, and good thing I've had my PC near before brewing Tea so I could look up some tips for certain Teas for temp and steep time. I'll start playing around soon to change the taste and see what I like best, but for now I better stick to the recommended brewing methods for my Teas.

Just finished my last cup of Tea(chamomile) for the day, and gonna hit the sack. Looking forward to that Nepal Black Tea in the morning to start my day off :D

May 31st, '08, 02:08
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » May 31st, '08, 02:08

Welcome

May 31st, '08, 02:15

by olivierco » May 31st, '08, 02:15

Welcome!

May 31st, '08, 09:38

by Beidao » May 31st, '08, 09:38

Hi, nice to see you! I look forward to your posts. Fresh eye is always a good thing.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

May 31st, '08, 12:23
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » May 31st, '08, 12:23

fodder0 wrote:Just finished my last cup of Tea(chamomile) for the day, and gonna hit the sack. Looking forward to that Nepal Black Tea in the morning to start my day off :D
Welome! As you will discover I'm a big fan of oolongs but most days, I too, like to start my day with a nice black.

My Dad was born in Louisville.
:)

May 31st, '08, 12:45

by fodder0 » May 31st, '08, 12:45

Enjoyed my first cup of Adagio black tea, started with Nepal First Flush this morning which was quite enjoyable. I have been eyeballing Oolongs since I found adagio, and I know I will be ordering the Oolong sampler shortly to give them a try as I have heard great things about them. I was surprised how much I liked Rooibos in of my Signature Blends, and I am thinking about ordering plain Rooibos to sip on in the afternoon, it seems very smooth to me.

So many choices, but if ANYONE has any suggestion on a tea I MUST try, then send the name my way.

Louisville is a nice place to grow up, glad to hear your father was born here.

May 31st, '08, 13:32

by Beidao » May 31st, '08, 13:32

If you want to try rooibos, try both red and green rooibos. I find plain red rooibos very dull but I really love love the plain green rooibos.

I think you should try Darjeeling First Flush since you like the Nepal First Flush. And a good Bai Mu Dan/Pai Mu Tan (low grade of white tea). But my strongest advice is to read tea blogs and if something sounds like you may like it, order a sample.

I started drinking loose leaf quality tea some months ago and it's really a big world to plunge into! I had been drinking low quality bag tea for several years -but oh boy, how little did I know!

Ps. Wait a while before trying pu. We don't wanna scare you away! :P
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

May 31st, '08, 22:29

by kymidwife » May 31st, '08, 22:29

Welcome to teachat! I am also an enthusiastic newbie trying out lots of samples and blends. I'm having a blast, and am letting my slight touch of OCD run unrestrained. My best friend came over a few nights ago and we had tins of tea scattered all over my living room floor!

As for recommendations... I could give you a long list of what I love, but I'll say that 2 things I think anyone should try are moroccan mint (several options in the signature blends) and Jasmine Oolong #12, the pearls. What a divine fragrance!

If you like flavored black teas, PM me and I'll give you some feedback on that... as I really enjoy those very much.

Welcome again!

Sarah

Edited to note... I am also in KY, about 2.5 hours from Louisville, down in the western end. We're neighbors! :)

May 31st, '08, 23:19

by hop_goblin » May 31st, '08, 23:19

Welcome!!

+ Post Reply