Monday TeaDay 6/02/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Mary's Poll: Will what happened in Vegas stay in Vegas?

But of course! Team Adagio and Chip 'n Mary are consummate professionals! Nothing probably happened, and even if it did, they wouldn't tell.
17%
Consummate professionals? Maybe in the OTHER sense of the word! They'll be hiding in shame for a week.
20%
We'll know everything by the end of Tuesday. Mary couldn't keep a secret if you paid her.
63%

Total votes: 46

Jun 2nd, '08, 01:27
Scrolling: scrolling

Monday TeaDay 6/02/08

by Victoria » Jun 2nd, '08, 01:27

Welcome everyone to MONDAY TeaDay! A special welcome back to Team Adagio and Chip and Mary! We missed you! Now hurry up and post! We want all the details and all the pics! Video, did someone say video?

Teachatters, as we not so patiently wait for our friends to check in, what’s in your cup today?

Please check in throughout the day, letting us know what various cups you are enjoying at the moment. We would all love to hear! If you can't check in as the day progresses, please check in when you can and reflect back on your TeaDay.

TeaDay is the start of my day everyday - I always looking forward to hearing about everyone's TeaDay, so...bottoms up...refill...repeat.

Jun 2nd, '08, 01:44

by Terrasi » Jun 2nd, '08, 01:44

I miss the poll. It gave me the illusion that my opinion counted.

In my cup: regular ol' dragonwell

Jun 2nd, '08, 01:50

by Victoria » Jun 2nd, '08, 01:50

Terrasi wrote:I miss the poll. It gave me the illusion that my opinion counted.

In my cup: regular ol' dragonwell
I'm sorry but I don't have access to the poll function.
I'm sure Chip will have one for you tomorrow.
This is a good time to show Chip & Mary how much we appreciate them and that they are missed!

Jun 2nd, '08, 01:53

by PolyhymnianMuse » Jun 2nd, '08, 01:53

Twas only an illusion anyway :twisted:

Jun 2nd, '08, 02:39

by Mary R » Jun 2nd, '08, 02:39

Within twenty minutes of arriving back home, where did I find myself? On TeaChat. It's a sickness, I tell ya.

It's great to be back, and thank you for the special welcome! Vegas was fan-freakin-tastic and meeting everyone at Team Adagio was even better. They are some seriously hip and groovy people. And I better stop there or I'll write a gushing, 10 page summary on the awesomeness of the whole weekend...lemme stop jumping up and down first.

I added a poll to this thread. I know it's not in the general style of Chip's, but I thought you'd get a kick out of it anyway. Thanks for manning TeaDay, Victoria!

Jun 2nd, '08, 02:49

by Salsero » Jun 2nd, '08, 02:49

Whiners will be subject to execution.

Welcome back, Mary. This is the real world again -- go to bed. You are back on God's time.

Well, as a result of an intensive brainwashing campaign, I finally broke down and tried RR. It may not be what the high rollers were drinking in Vegas, but we are just Southern Boys here, no pretences. And in the box I got a cool surprise: a hand-crafted Pet Shop Figurine! I’ll bet someone I know has the whole Wade of England figurine collection.

Click for larger image!! wOOt!

I panicked when the first store I went to was completely sold out! These posts of Eric’s seem to be having an effect even down here in North Florida.

Red Rose is good! I don’t think I could -- in the immortal words of Witches_Brew -- “trot a mouse across” the cup I brewed but it had a nice taste which I like more than PG Tips or Typhoo. It's very different from Lipton (which I do enjoy on occasions.) Just as Eric says, it is heartier, indeed tasting like a blend of Indonesian, Assam and Kenyan. The sweet note that Eric describes was lost on me, too subtle. But it really is red!

There are plenty of more expensive loose leaf teas that are worse than this. I will be drinking Red Rose again, I am sure, though I may not admit it again in this forum!
Last edited by Salsero on Jun 2nd, '08, 04:28, edited 2 times in total.

Jun 2nd, '08, 03:16

by Terrasi » Jun 2nd, '08, 03:16

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
Twas only an illusion anyway :twisted:
Apparently. I was just kidding anyway.

Question: If I boil water and let it sit, how long would it take to cool until it would become green tea brewing temperature? Like 5 minutes? 10?

Jun 2nd, '08, 06:02

by olivierco » Jun 2nd, '08, 06:02

Terrasi wrote:
Question: If I boil water and let it sit, how long would it take to cool until it would become green tea brewing temperature? Like 5 minutes? 10?
Answer: it depends on the container the water is in (and a little on the room temperature).

If you transfer boiling water to a cup, its temperature drops about 10°C.

This morning Yunnan golden tips and now houjicha with my lunch.

Jun 2nd, '08, 06:54

by henley » Jun 2nd, '08, 06:54

Mary R wrote:Within twenty minutes of arriving back home, where did I find myself? On TeaChat. It's a sickness, I tell ya.

It's great to be back, and thank you for the special welcome! Vegas was fan-freakin-tastic and meeting everyone at Team Adagio was even better. They are some seriously hip and groovy people. And I better stop there or I'll write a gushing, 10 page summary on the awesomeness of the whole weekend...lemme stop jumping up and down first.

I added a poll to this thread. I know it's not in the general style of Chip's, but I thought you'd get a kick out of it anyway. Thanks for manning TeaDay, Victoria!
Glad y'all had a great time. After you quit jumping up & down & get some sleep, we'll be looking for that 10 page summary! :wink: :lol:

Jun 2nd, '08, 07:13

by augie » Jun 2nd, '08, 07:13

Salsero wrote:There are plenty of more expensive loose leaf teas that are worse than this. I will be drinking Red Rose again, I am sure, though I may not admit it again in this forum!
That's OK, friend, I mean fiend. :evil: I removed and discarded 2 canisters fo RoT before taking this raw, uncensored photo of myself and my dirty tea stash. No fancy baskets/organizers from Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn. No hand-painted tins from worlds afar.

Here it is, the Full Monte:

Red Rose does make good iced tea. Myself, I am going to take the saguaro cactus tea in the foreground and make some iced to start my day. It's going to be warm here in the midwest.

Jun 2nd, '08, 07:45

by omegapd » Jun 2nd, '08, 07:45

Salsero wrote:
Well, as a result of an intensive brainwashing campaign, I finally broke down and tried RR. It may not be what the high rollers were drinking in Vegas, but we are just Southern Boys here,
That is true, my friend. Sometimes simple is actually better. I think I just found my new avatar too, if you don't mind me using it... :wink: You know, you're right. I used to have a good bit of those porcelain animals and still have a few sitting on my kitchen windowsill where I'll stick them when I open up a new box. I think the kids steal them for the most part, though...

Anyway, glad you liked it. I wouldn't steer everyone wrong on this forum. :twisted:

Drinking some Scottish Breakfast this morning from New Mexico Tea Co.

Eric

Jun 2nd, '08, 08:23

by henley » Jun 2nd, '08, 08:23

Hey, augie... like your yellow scarf! :lol:

Had vanilla mint w/bfast this morning. Couldn't decide what else to fix so went back to old faithful.

Jun 2nd, '08, 08:48

by Selaphiel » Jun 2nd, '08, 08:48

Starting off with some Darjeeling Phuguri DJ14 today. Think I`m gonna go and try some of the teaspring oolong samples I have lying around later today.

Jun 2nd, '08, 09:04

by Salsero » Jun 2nd, '08, 09:04

augie wrote:uncensored photo of myself and my dirty tea stash. No fancy baskets/organizers from Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn. No hand-painted tins from worlds afar.
Somehow I had you pictured taller than that. Nice scarf.

Mine is too hideous to photograph. It has engulfed its dedicated shelving, several square feet of floor space, crawled over a quarter of the dining room table, swallowed a buffet, and heavily infiltrated a pass-through counter. It has made me no friends locally!
Last edited by Salsero on Jun 2nd, '08, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 2nd, '08, 09:59

by auggy » Jun 2nd, '08, 09:59

Morning all! And welcome back to Mary and Chip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

No tea in my cup yet but I've got some jasmine pearls waiting on me that i started last night but forgot to finish. Just trying to get up the gumption to get away from my laptop and brew. Maybe even change out of my pjs if I'm feeling real adventurous.