Monday TeaDay 6/02/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Mary's Poll: Will what happened in Vegas stay in Vegas?

But of course! Team Adagio and Chip 'n Mary are consummate professionals! Nothing probably happened, and even if it did, they wouldn't tell.
17%
Consummate professionals? Maybe in the OTHER sense of the word! They'll be hiding in shame for a week.
20%
We'll know everything by the end of Tuesday. Mary couldn't keep a secret if you paid her.
63%

Total votes: 46

Jun 2nd, '08, 14:17

by tenuki » Jun 2nd, '08, 14:17

Wow, for once I voted on the popular side! Woot!
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 2nd, '08, 15:04
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » Jun 2nd, '08, 15:04

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome back. :) It was great fun meeting Chip & Mary! They are so much fun and such wonderful people! Hope they enjoyed it as much as we did having them join us. (Is that a real sentence?)

I'm hooking up the Yunnan Gold I.V. to try and set myself to rights. Vegas + red eye = Zzzzzzzzz.

In regards to Red Rose - we always had it in the house when I was growing up and those tea critters in the box were household friends. We had an owl up on the corner of a column on our sun porch as long as I can remember. Nice memories! Thanks, Omegapd & Sal!

Have a ton to catch up on work wise. Wish me luck!

Jun 2nd, '08, 15:46

by tenuki » Jun 2nd, '08, 15:46

An interesting cup of 2007 Winter Feng Huang Wu Dong old bush Dan Cong Hauang Jing.

I have no idea what any of that means besides the 2007 winter and the Dan Cong. but that isn't stopping me from enjoying it. :D
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 2nd, '08, 16:11

by tenuki » Jun 2nd, '08, 16:11

I don't claim to know anything about Matcha, but this DoMatch is quite good IMO. Uwajimaya carries it so I think I've found my source for good matcha for now. This is the first matcha I've had that lingers sweetly for a while, I quite like it.

Jun 2nd, '08, 16:27

by Salsero » Jun 2nd, '08, 16:27

tenuki wrote:An interesting cup of 2007 Winter Feng Huang Wu Dong old bush Dan Cong Hauang Jing.

I have no idea what any of that means besides the 2007 winter and the Dan Cong. but that isn't stopping me from enjoying it. :D
Feng Huang is the mountain range that Dan Cong comes from. Wu Dong is one mountain in the range. Hauang Jing is probably the proper name of the Dan Cong which could be anything, unless it's actually Huang, which means yellow. Some of them are named as strangely as "Thief Shit," but most are named for flowers. Most of this stuff can be cribbed from Lew Perrin's great resource, BabelCarp, at http://www.panix.com/~perin/babelcarp.c ... ng+Wu+Dong+

I really hate having to deal with all these Chinese words just because I like tea. Even if I can remember a string of them, I know I'll never come close to being able to pronouce them. I may have to switch my drinks to Appellations Contrôlées, Rioja, DOCG (Denominazione Controllata), or VSOP (Very Special Old Pale). At least I have a fighting chance in the European languages.

Jun 2nd, '08, 17:35

by Chip » Jun 2nd, '08, 17:35

I had a great time at the Expo and much more info to follow!!! I loved everything about the entire experience. I will share more and some photos. Still need to get caught up.

The best part was meeting everyone from adagio. They are all incredible people and welcomed Mary and me in like we were one of them right away...that was sooo nice. Thanx to adagio for everything!!!!!!!!!!

It was nice to be home and brew some shincha...Fukamushi Supreme. WOW, in love all over again.

Many thanx for Victoria for running TeaDay in my absence.

Jun 2nd, '08, 18:34

by Katrina » Jun 2nd, '08, 18:34

Welcome back Tea Mods. We missed you!

I have to admit that all of you have worn me down and I just ordered some of those Bodum cups. Darn it. Just what I need. More teaware. (I justify it by the fact they aren't STRICTLY teaware - not that I'll let anyone use them for anything else.)

Boy, I feel like a follower since I too am drinking Oolong #40 today. I like it much better than the Oolong #8 I'd tried before.

Finally got a few plants in the garden today. I'm pretending the vegetable garden doesn't exist, because, well, right now it doesn't.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jun 2nd, '08, 20:54

by witches brew » Jun 2nd, '08, 20:54

I'm sipping a glass of iced lemongrass and hibiscus tisane. That's a peaceful ending to a hectic day. Despite all the day had to offer, I found time for the usual genmaicha and even a cup of darjeeling.

Welcome back, Team Adagio, Mary and Chip! I'm dying to hear all about...the tea.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jun 2nd, '08, 20:55

by RussianSoul » Jun 2nd, '08, 20:55

I am on the 4th steep of Fukamushi Supreme. "Supreme" is an apt word for it, it's truly a great tea!

Sal, your photo makes want to get some Red Rose. I tried it once before and remember liking it. Perhaps it's time to revisit.

Jun 2nd, '08, 21:00

by henley » Jun 2nd, '08, 21:00

I think I have diagnosed the problem w/my day today... not enough tea! Haven't had any since bfast. Gotta go stare at the tea drawer to see what jumps out at me.

Jun 2nd, '08, 21:54

by kymidwife » Jun 2nd, '08, 21:54

I drank some ginger/peach/apricot from Teavana during the day while at work, iced. I usually really like this tea, but the last few times I've made tea at work, there's been a slightly "off" flavor, almost musty. I think I need to bring my steeper home and bleach it and run it thru the dishwasher. I have a feeling some tea or leaves was left in it too long and its got a touch of mold or mildew down in the filter. Blech.

Just got home and had a big glass of iced Jasmine #9 oolong from adagio. I just love hot jasmine tea, but I'm really enjoying it iced as well. I have enough left for one more glass of that tonight.

I'm thinking of something hot too... maybe another venture into green world... or maybe the oolong #40...we'll see.

Welcome home Tea Mods!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 2nd, '08, 22:16

by auggy » Jun 2nd, '08, 22:16

About to have a 4th steep of fukamushi. I'm so glad Chip let me pick his brain on how to properly make this. My first attempt was awful, but after being edumacated, it ends up making a yummy cup. I just have to go into brewing the pickier greens with a different attitude and be much more careful about water temp. Mmm, but it is worth it.

Jun 2nd, '08, 23:37

tea day!!

by jim109 » Jun 2nd, '08, 23:37

I mixed a poor Yunnan gold with Keemun this am, 1 tablespoom Keemun , with 1 teaspoon yunnan...15 ounces water...just before boil...4:00. It was really good!!

Jun 2nd, '08, 23:46

by kymidwife » Jun 2nd, '08, 23:46

So I tried the Green Anji. Very mild, not bitter at all, but maybe not flavorful enough for me. I drank it hot and unsweetened and did enjoy it well enough. I'm having the 2nd steep now and it's not bad, actually quite nice. I stirred in a little taste of honey just to experiment.

I'm not sure I'm a green fan. Not a green hater by any means, and learning to appreciate their taste, but not sure I'll ever "crave" the traditional green flavor. I'm sipping, keeping an open mind.

Sarah