My Favorite Adagio Oolongs

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

May 31st, '08, 18:37

My Favorite Adagio Oolongs

by TimeforTea » May 31st, '08, 18:37

I have enjoyed Oolong #18, Jasmine Pearls, TKY, Pouchong, Oolong #40, and Peach Oolong. I have also enjoyed a sample from another vendor of Magnolia Oolong and Orchid Oolong (THANKS, VICTORIA! :D ) I also tried Oolong #8 but I thought it was tasteless...or, perhaps I gave up on it too soon.

Now I would like to try similar teas from other vendors, out of curiousity. Any suggestions? Also, with these types of teas as my favorites, what does this say about my tea classifications?

Also, going along with the oolongs that I enjoy, what other teas--perhaps Chinese greens--might I also enjoy? I want to have a good variety in case I tire of my favorite oolongs. (However, I am sure Victoria and Tenuki will not let that happen!)

May 31st, '08, 18:54

by auggy » May 31st, '08, 18:54

How was the Magnolia Oolong? I've seen that and want to order some but haven't yet....

Special Teas' TKY Monkey Picked is good. Adagio's TKY is good but the monkey picked seemed cleaner. Of course, there is a decent price difference....

Jun 1st, '08, 09:29

by TimeforTea » Jun 1st, '08, 09:29

auggy wrote:How was the Magnolia Oolong? I've seen that and want to order some but haven't yet....

Special Teas' TKY Monkey Picked is good. Adagio's TKY is good but the monkey picked seemed cleaner. Of course, there is a decent price difference....
Hi, Auggy! :D

I only had 1 sample cup of the magnolia oolong, but I enjoyed it a lot. If you like the other oolongs I mentioned, you may like the magnolia oolong.

Have you had other teas from Special Teas besides the TKY Monkey?

Jun 2nd, '08, 10:19

by auggy » Jun 2nd, '08, 10:19

TimeforTea wrote:Have you had other teas from Special Teas besides the TKY Monkey?
I have - I got their oolong sampler which was good. The only one I didn't really like in that was the Fancy Formosa Oolong. It reminded me a lot of sweet cigars. It wasn't bad and I enjoyed the sample, but ultimately not something I'd ever reorder. I can't remember specifics now, but based on my notes, I liked their 614 Pouchong a lot - it edged out Adagio's by a little bit - and I really enjoyed their 618 Jade, which I plan on reordering my next order from Special Teas (though I haven't had Adagio's #18 to compare it to yet). The TKY monkey picked was the best though. And I seemed to get more infusions from it than the Adagio. The 513 anxi was good, but the others were better.

Hope that helps some! I haven't had a chance to try other oolong vendors - I tend to stick with Adagio and Special Teas, going back and forth between then to get my favorites that they offer plus new things. One day I'll branch out to other vendors! Maybe! :lol:

Jun 2nd, '08, 10:25

by TimeforTea » Jun 2nd, '08, 10:25

auggy wrote:
TimeforTea wrote:Have you had other teas from Special Teas besides the TKY Monkey?
I have - I got their oolong sampler which was good. The only one I didn't really like in that was the Fancy Formosa Oolong. It reminded me a lot of sweet cigars. It wasn't bad and I enjoyed the sample, but ultimately not something I'd ever reorder. I can't remember specifics now, but based on my notes, I liked their 614 Pouchong a lot - it edged out Adagio's by a little bit - and I really enjoyed their 618 Jade, which I plan on reordering my next order from Special Teas (though I haven't had Adagio's #18 to compare it to yet). The TKY monkey picked was the best though. And I seemed to get more infusions from it than the Adagio. The 513 anxi was good, but the others were better.

Hope that helps some! I haven't had a chance to try other oolong vendors - I tend to stick with Adagio and Special Teas, going back and forth between then to get my favorites that they offer plus new things. One day I'll branch out to other vendors! Maybe! :lol:
THANKS, AUGGY!

Although I am enjoying many of my adagio sample tin oolongs, I wanted to have other choices to branch out a little and try different teas. (90% of my tea cabinet is filled with adagio teas!)

Perhaps I'll try the Special Teas sampler or a sample of their pouchong or jade oolong. In the meantime, I am enjoying my second cup of oolong #40 from my sample tin. :D

Jun 2nd, '08, 13:47

by auggy » Jun 2nd, '08, 13:47

TimeforTea wrote:Although I am enjoying many of my adagio sample tin oolongs, I wanted to have other choices to branch out a little and try different teas. (90% of my tea cabinet is filled with adagio teas!)
Your tea cabinet must look like mine. My last order was a few weeks ago from Adagio and I went a little sample crazy, so I have a few canisters and then tons of little sample tins in my pantry. It looks like the sample tins are breeding.

Jun 2nd, '08, 14:08

by henley » Jun 2nd, '08, 14:08

auggy wrote:
TimeforTea wrote:Although I am enjoying many of my adagio sample tin oolongs, I wanted to have other choices to branch out a little and try different teas. (90% of my tea cabinet is filled with adagio teas!)
Your tea cabinet must look like mine. My last order was a few weeks ago from Adagio and I went a little sample crazy, so I have a few canisters and then tons of little sample tins in my pantry. It looks like the sample tins are breeding.
Sounds like my tea drawer. I swear I donated to the TeaPass box but I can't tell anything is missing! And yet I keep fighting the urge to place another tea order... :roll: I wanna get oolong #40 back in my house!

Jun 2nd, '08, 20:48

by auggy » Jun 2nd, '08, 20:48

henley wrote: I swear I donated to the TeaPass box but I can't tell anything is missing! And yet I keep fighting the urge to place another tea order... :roll: I wanna get oolong #40 back in my house!
And I don't know about you, but I can never order just one tea! My restocking orders turn into restocking plus oh, I want to try this, and this, and this sounds good, too! :lol:

Jun 2nd, '08, 20:54

by henley » Jun 2nd, '08, 20:54

auggy wrote: And I don't know about you, but I can never order just one tea! My restocking orders turn into restocking plus oh, I want to try this, and this, and this sounds good, too! :lol:
My thing is justifying the shipping cost. If I'm gonna order, I might as well make it worth my time & money. I put my order together & got the "You're only $7 away from free shipping" message. So I used that as justification to add to my order... I'd rather spend $7 on tea than shipping charges.

Nooooo.... I don't have a problem... :oops:

Jun 2nd, '08, 22:19

by auggy » Jun 2nd, '08, 22:19

henley wrote:
auggy wrote: And I don't know about you, but I can never order just one tea! My restocking orders turn into restocking plus oh, I want to try this, and this, and this sounds good, too! :lol:
My thing is justifying the shipping cost. If I'm gonna order, I might as well make it worth my time & money. I put my order together & got the "You're only $7 away from free shipping" message. So I used that as justification to add to my order... I'd rather spend $7 on tea than shipping charges.

Nooooo.... I don't have a problem... :oops:
Hehe - that's my excuse too! I always say I'd rather spend that $6 or whatever it is on tea instead of shipping. Of course, it is hard to sell that to DH when I make a $50 order and only needed $30 for free shipping. :oops:

Jun 2nd, '08, 23:26

by jim109 » Jun 2nd, '08, 23:26

I mixed a poor Yunnan gold with Keemun this am, 1 tablespoom Keemun , with 1 teaspoon yunnan...15 ounces water...just before boil...4:00. It was really good!!

Jun 3rd, '08, 07:10

by Beidao » Jun 3rd, '08, 07:10

jim109 wrote:I mixed a poor Yunnan gold with Keemun this am, 1 tablespoom Keemun , with 1 teaspoon yunnan...15 ounces water...just before boil...4:00. It was really good!!
Wow, I have to try that. But I think you posted in the wrong thread.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

+ Post Reply