Wednesday TeaDay 6/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Iced tea again...what is your favorite?

Black
40%
Oolong
8%
Green
15%
Roasted such as houjicha
4%
White/yellow
6%
Herbal
4%
Sweet Tea...yeah, I think this requires its own option
15%
Jasmine
2%
None or other
6%

Total votes: 48

Jun 4th, '08, 03:54
Scrolling: scrolling

Wednesday TeaDay 6/04/08

by Chip » Jun 4th, '08, 03:54

Yesterday, TeaChatters voted that they prefer to make their own Iced Tea by a wide margin. You can still vote and discuss this topic.

Welcome TeaChatters of every tea preference to TeaDay. Come and share your cup with us...tell us what you are drinking today...all day. See what others are sipping as well. Reflect back on your TeaDay if you need to.

Today's TeaPoll continues with the iced tea topic. Please share your iced tea preferences with us...do you sweeten, add anything else?

I am as always looking forward to hearing what is in your cup. Bottoms up, refill, repeat......
Last edited by Chip on Jun 4th, '08, 04:04, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 4th, '08, 04:02

Meoto Yunomi and Sencha

by Salsero » Jun 4th, '08, 04:02

Sencha.
Ceramic is by Kisen; Crape Myrtle, by Mother Nature.
  • <click pic for larger image>
The cup is one of a his-and-hers pair -- meoto-yunomi to the initiated -- which is a pair of teacups including a small one for the wife and a large one for the husband.* Japanese culture really knows how to treat a guy! I’m not telling which of the pair I chose in order to enjoy this lovely miyabi sencha.

* These facts provided by the inimitable matcha babe and general expert on everything, Chamekke, sometimes known as Playful Tea Eyes.

Jun 4th, '08, 04:38

by omegapd » Jun 4th, '08, 04:38

Hey Sal, how you like my new avatar? :lol:

I'm sounding like a broken record here, but Red Rose makes the best iced tea ever. And yes, you need plenty of sugar. :wink:

Nothing in my cup this morning so far. It'll be some Assam in a few minutes, though.

EW

Jun 4th, '08, 05:02

by Salsero » Jun 4th, '08, 05:02

omegapd wrote:Hey Sal, how you like my new avatar?
Funny!

Jun 4th, '08, 05:22

by Beidao » Jun 4th, '08, 05:22

Sal, you outdo yourself every day! You really have a sense of composition.

I've so far had "Russian tea". Will go for some Keemun next.

White tea is the best to chill, I think. Green tea is also good. No sugar.

Surfing around on Tea Spring's homepage and trying not to drool in my tea...
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Jun 4th, '08, 06:32

by ThinkingOutLoud » Jun 4th, '08, 06:32

Sweet tea, duh! It's a Southern thing ....

Sal ... oh my ... absolutely beautiful! I'm gonna jump on the "you should make these into a book / calendar / website" bandwagon. Seriously.

Chip: how's the cat?

Nothing yet this am, but planning on brewing Irish Breakfast early (don't everyone show your shock at once) and then a huge pot of iced tea in the ever popular Mr. Coffee iced tea maker for the park, if we dry out from the torrents overnight.

Jun 4th, '08, 07:21

by augie » Jun 4th, '08, 07:21

ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Sweet tea, duh! It's a Southern thing ....
I like sweet tea if I'm eating out. Otherwise I use splenda if any sweetner.
Red rose does make excellent iced tea, as does Mary's suggestion of Lady Gray (Twinnings).
ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Coffee iced tea maker for the park, if we dry out from the torrents overnight.
Us too 2-3" overnight. Tornado sirens going off at 2:00 a.m. Dog pacing the floors shaking. I took her to the porch to do her transactions. Then another hour of pacing the floors. I'm a little tired.

I'm working on Pu Ehr samples at work in the morning. then I switch to iced around lunchtime.

Jun 4th, '08, 08:15

by ThinkingOutLoud » Jun 4th, '08, 08:15

augie wrote:I like sweet tea if I'm eating out. Otherwise I use splenda if any sweetner.
Yeah, at home I have to do the Splenda thing or I'd end up weighing 2 tons. And I've had to cut out the once daily trips to Chik Fil A for large sweet tea. That's a killer!
augie wrote:Us too 2-3" overnight. Tornado sirens going off at 2:00 a.m. Dog pacing the floors shaking. I took her to the porch to do her transactions. Then another hour of pacing the floors. I'm a little tired.
No dog here, but did end up with two very frightened little ones crowding the bed around 2 am. That must be the witching hour.

Jun 4th, '08, 08:32

by GalileosDaughter » Jun 4th, '08, 08:32

I've said it before, I'll say it again...Adagio's Mango and Passionfruit teas are excellent over ice. I don't use any sweetener, they're good "as is."

Drinking Adagio Summer Darjeeling this morning.

Jun 4th, '08, 09:43

by Victoria » Jun 4th, '08, 09:43

omegapd wrote:Hey Sal, how you like my new avatar? :lol:

I'm sounding like a broken record here, but Red Rose makes the best iced tea ever. And yes, you need plenty of sugar. :wink:

Nothing in my cup this morning so far. It'll be some Assam in a few minutes, though.

EW
It's even more you than the old one!!
:wink:

Jun 4th, '08, 10:41

by auggy » Jun 4th, '08, 10:41

Morning all! I went with oolong, but sweet tea was a close second. Just because, when done right, it is soooo good. What can I say, I'm a southern girl.

White tip Earl Grey today. It was actually pretty good. I didn't like it all that much before, but now I wonder if I just brewed it too thin. Today's cup was the last bit I had and I honestly did it just to finish off the tea. Almost wishing I had a little more... Almost.

One of my kitties just came down with ring worm. No idea where she got it. I haven't even let them on the porch lately. :roll: But she's a bit psycho and is licking the spot a ton, making it red, inflamed and icky. So we had to put her in the "Cone of Shame", which is a blue cone made of thick, plastic coated cloth. She hates it but at least she's leaving her little fungus alone so we can medicate it without her licking all the medicine off two seconds later.

Chip, I hope Marsby is doing better day.

Jun 4th, '08, 10:43

by henley » Jun 4th, '08, 10:43

ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Sweet tea, duh! It's a Southern thing ....
Yeh, think I'd get kicked out of the South if I didn't go w/this one. Although I have started using better quality tea. Harney & Sons has 2 qt size tea bags that I like using. Also plan to experiment w/some of my loose tea over ice.

Fixed oolong #8 w/bfast this morning. Trying to deplete more of my tea stash before I place another order... especially after finding the ticket from my last order which was just in April. :oops: I still like oolong #8--it was a good transition tea for me since before that I only drank black tea. But I'm ready to get oolong #40 back in here.

LT & Chip-sorry about the furry family members. Hope Marsby is better today. And I like the new avatar, omegapd! :D

Will be interested to see how others vote! 8) :wink: :lol:

Jun 4th, '08, 11:08

by TimeforTea » Jun 4th, '08, 11:08

I chose other, since I enjoy green, oolong, herbal, and flavored black as iced tea.

This morning, I am drinking a sample of Bai Mu Dan Wuyi. Hay in a cup. Think I'll change into my overalls now. :roll:

Chip, I hope your cat is okay!

Jun 4th, '08, 11:21

by auggy » Jun 4th, '08, 11:21

TimeforTea wrote:This morning, I am drinking a sample of Bai Mu Dan Wuyi. Hay in a cup. Think I'll change into my overalls now. :roll:
Too funny! Last night I was thinking about setting out yunnan gold for this morning's tea, but it smelled so much like hay that I put it right back on the shelf!

Jun 4th, '08, 11:50

by Victoria » Jun 4th, '08, 11:50

Sometimes I think I am the only person in the world that drinks Iced Tea Unsweetened. It is extremely hard to find in RTD teas.

I voted for black, I've not really had much exposure to other kinds.
I plan on changing that this summer. :)

My morning brew at home was Adagio Hibiscus - still working my way through some black samples.

Now at work, I'm enjoying some Fu Shou oolong.
Last edited by Victoria on Jun 4th, '08, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.