Wednesday TeaDay 6/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Iced tea again...what is your favorite?

Black
40%
Oolong
8%
Green
15%
Roasted such as houjicha
4%
White/yellow
6%
Herbal
4%
Sweet Tea...yeah, I think this requires its own option
15%
Jasmine
2%
None or other
6%

Total votes: 48

Jun 4th, '08, 14:18

by Beidao » Jun 4th, '08, 14:18

auggy wrote:Isn't it though? When we first moved into our house, the kitties picked up ringworm from the porch. One cat got taken care of quickly, but with the other it took forever. It would go away with treatment and then be back a couple of weeks later. It was awful and she looked so mangy. Finally we got it taken care of with like a 6 week cycle of pills. Of course, by the end of those ring-worm filled months, both hubby and I had gotten it. That was when I learned that Lamisil and Tenactin (sp) worked a lot better than the spray at the vet on both people and kitties.
Those 6 week cycle pills are really the only thing that works on some cats.

We had been selling a lot of infected cats before we realized what it was. I remember calling up people and saying "Sorry, the little cute kittie you bought has ring worm, you may get it too". I've never been that yelled at in the whole of my life.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Jun 4th, '08, 14:24

by olivierco » Jun 4th, '08, 14:24

Darjeeling Phuguri FTGFOP1 before dinner.

Jun 4th, '08, 14:43

by Scarlet Glow » Jun 4th, '08, 14:43

Sal, seriously, quit your day job and become a professional photographer! Err, unless your day job is photography, then... uh...umm...

Anyways, I am such a hypocrite when it comes to iced tea. I can talk about my love for greens and whites all day, but give me iced tea and I perfer black. I don't know why that is. I think it is because I grew up on black iced tea (even though it was instant).

Drinking Shincha Miyabi today. Woot! :wink:

Jun 4th, '08, 15:00

by auggy » Jun 4th, '08, 15:00

Beidao wrote:
auggy wrote:Isn't it though? When we first moved into our house, the kitties picked up ringworm from the porch. One cat got taken care of quickly, but with the other it took forever. It would go away with treatment and then be back a couple of weeks later. It was awful and she looked so mangy. Finally we got it taken care of with like a 6 week cycle of pills. Of course, by the end of those ring-worm filled months, both hubby and I had gotten it. That was when I learned that Lamisil and Tenactin (sp) worked a lot better than the spray at the vet on both people and kitties.
Those 6 week cycle pills are really the only thing that works on some cats.

We had been selling a lot of infected cats before we realized what it was. I remember calling up people and saying "Sorry, the little cute kittie you bought has ring worm, you may get it too". I've never been that yelled at in the whole of my life.
Yikes, I bet that wasn't fun.

I'm thinking of calling the vet to get those pills for the whole brood now. When one of them gets it, you know others will. The last thing I want is to have it go through all seven of them. By the time the last one's treatment was done, the first kitty would have it again!

Jun 4th, '08, 15:16

by Beidao » Jun 4th, '08, 15:16

7? Wow! And I have a hard time with my three ones! You should probably call the vet yes.

I'm on my third steep of TKY. Earlier I've had chilled baimudan and the keemun/yunnan gold blend (tasted just like yunnan FOP to me)
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Jun 4th, '08, 15:24

by auggy » Jun 4th, '08, 15:24

Beidao wrote:7? Wow! And I have a hard time with my three ones!
Yep. We are nuts. We had 8 for a while, one kitty passed away, were at 7, two months ago Nibby passed away and then we added a new one. They are actually all really good. But it does make it challenging when there is something contagious. :(

Jun 4th, '08, 16:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 4th, '08, 16:18

Crazy day...still need to find time to read TeaDay...

Marsby is not good...thanx to everyone for asking.

Nepal FF from adagio...really nice. As good as Darjeeling I think.

Fukamushi Supreme...awesome as always.

Iced teas...I prefer blacks usually...Darjeeling and high grown Ceylon...Nepal...love these as iced tea blends.

Working into Japanese greens iced, admittedly a big transition for me.

Talk to you all later...missing TD and all my TeaFriends today!!!

Jun 4th, '08, 16:32

by Victoria » Jun 4th, '08, 16:32

Katrina wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:This morning: TKY oolong. I'm still looking for that perfect one. I like 'em roasty.
Victoria wrote: Here's a dark TKY that fits your description - not for me - so maybe you will like:
http://trentea.blogspot.com/2008/04/jus ... n-yin.html
I tried that one but was really disappointed. I'm wondering if I got a bad batch because it tasted completely burnt. Not just smoky, but burnt. I've liked their oolongs in the past so I was kind of surprised by it.
Oh by no means was I endorsing it, I thought it was horrible, but I think it just is a matter of taste. I know three people on this board that really like it, so go figure.
It is about as far from Ali Shan as one can get, that is why I thought of it.

No offense to anyone please! Just not for me. Or you Katrina.
:)

Jun 4th, '08, 16:40

by henley » Jun 4th, '08, 16:40

Had a surprising experience today. My dtr wanted tea w/afternoon snack so I cheated & pulled out a mango tea bag I got as a sample. It wasn't bad & was even better as iced tea. I'm usually not a mango person but this was pretty good! Let's see, where's that tea order I've been working on...

Jun 4th, '08, 16:44

by Victoria » Jun 4th, '08, 16:44

henley wrote:Had a surprising experience today. My dtr wanted tea w/afternoon snack so I cheated & pulled out a mango tea bag I got as a sample. It wasn't bad & was even better as iced tea. I'm usually not a mango person but this was pretty good! Let's see, where's that tea order I've been working on...
Black Mango is one of Adagio's highest rated flavored black. I have a sample it is coming up soon in the rotation! Must get through these samples .... must!!

Jun 4th, '08, 17:13

by horsencl » Jun 4th, '08, 17:13

Today I had simple sweetened iced tea (made from Salada tea bags). I prefer black tea when I'm having it iced. I love to use loose leaf black tea with a bit of peppermint leaves, especially on a hot day. I voted for black before I saw the sweet tea option. I visited Savannah, Georgia for the first time last year and I developed a very serious sweet tea addiction :wink: Hot tea will have to wait until I get home from work tonight. I'm excited because I just ordered my first yixing pot from Seven Cups along with some Oolong, should be here in a few days :D

Jun 4th, '08, 18:22

by Ron Gilmour » Jun 4th, '08, 18:22

I'm not really into iced tea, so I don't have much to add to the daily discussion.

I'm working on a sample of shu pu-erh that I got in the mail yesterday. I'm still not completely sure about shu. It has a warm, creamy, comforting quality that I like, but there's just no getting around the fact that it smells like compost. My journeys in pu-erh (under the tutelage TeaChatters) have sold me on sheng, but the jury is still out on shu.

Jun 4th, '08, 18:25

by henley » Jun 4th, '08, 18:25

Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Had a surprising experience today. My dtr wanted tea w/afternoon snack so I cheated & pulled out a mango tea bag I got as a sample. It wasn't bad & was even better as iced tea. I'm usually not a mango person but this was pretty good! Let's see, where's that tea order I've been working on...
Black Mango is one of Adagio's highest rated flavored black. I have a sample it is coming up soon in the rotation! Must get through these samples .... must!!
Resteeped those darn little tea bags & had mango iced tea w/dinner. You'll have to try it on ice, V. LMK what you think.

Jun 4th, '08, 18:28

by Victoria » Jun 4th, '08, 18:28

Ok, I'll give it a go tomorrow. I'll brew a double pot and ice half and see how it goes.

Jun 4th, '08, 18:46

by Katrina » Jun 4th, '08, 18:46

Victoria wrote: Here's a dark TKY that fits your description - not for me - so maybe you will like:
http://trentea.blogspot.com/2008/04/jus ... n-yin.html
Katrina wrote: I tried that one but was really disappointed...
Victoria wrote:Oh by no means was I endorsing it...No offense to anyone please! Just not for me. Or you Katrina.
I got your meaning, Victoria. I saw that you said it wasn't up your alley. I think I was just baffled by this tea because I had a Spring 2007 oolong from them that I loved, loved, loved. I ordered the TKY when I reordered the other. Since I'd never had their TKY I couldn't tell if what I got was typical of their TKY or if the batch I got was off. (I was especially sorry because I got a 2nd tin that I sent to someone as a gift. Oops.)

To each their own. I'd love to get brewing parameters from someone who has had a good experience with this one. - I'll start by trying the ones in that blog post.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com