Wednesday TeaDay 6/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Iced tea again...what is your favorite?

Black
40%
Oolong
8%
Green
15%
Roasted such as houjicha
4%
White/yellow
6%
Herbal
4%
Sweet Tea...yeah, I think this requires its own option
15%
Jasmine
2%
None or other
6%

Total votes: 48

Jun 4th, '08, 19:00
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jun 4th, '08, 19:00

henley wrote:... mango tea bag I got as a sample. It wasn't bad & was even better as iced tea.
Picked up some Black Mango from Tao of Tea this week, just for iced tea. Made a whole pitcher and left it in the fridge. When I got home last night and went in the kitchen the empty pitcher was sitting on the counter.

I looked at the culprit: my husband.

"Liked that, huh?"

"um... yeah. It was good. Sorry."

:roll: :lol:

Jun 4th, '08, 19:28

by henley » Jun 4th, '08, 19:28

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
henley wrote:... mango tea bag I got as a sample. It wasn't bad & was even better as iced tea.
Picked up some Black Mango from Tao of Tea this week, just for iced tea. Made a whole pitcher and left it in the fridge. When I got home last night and went in the kitchen the empty pitcher was sitting on the counter.

"Liked that, huh?"

That's too funny! So I take it you'll be buying more of it? :lol:

Jun 4th, '08, 20:20

by auggy » Jun 4th, '08, 20:20

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:

"Liked that, huh?"

:lol: You'll have to see if you can brew it in a five gallon bucket next time!

Jun 4th, '08, 20:22

by Pentox » Jun 4th, '08, 20:22

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:

"Liked that, huh?"

Ah that must be nice to be able to just swing by Tao every so often. I've been up there once about a month ago for work. Anywhere else up there that you swing by for tea? I'll probably be up there again in the next month.

Jun 4th, '08, 20:23

by Geekgirl » Jun 4th, '08, 20:23

I know! I said "you have beer! that was for ME!" Yeah, I guess I will be buying more. :lol:

Jun 4th, '08, 20:40

by kymidwife » Jun 4th, '08, 20:40

I voted for black, because for me, the sweet part usually goes without saying. 8)

I overwhelmingly prefer black sweet tea to any other version. However, having said that, I really love moroccan mint green tea iced, and even unsweetened. I do several non-black iced teas and enjoy them all... but black tea is the gold standard for me.

In my cup today... this morning was a pot of hot Oolong #40, which I really loved. I drank most of it hot, and took the rest over ice to work with me. At work I had some "wedding cake" blend from adagio's signature custom blends... very yummy.

And then, when I got home, I took the plunge and made my first puh erh... the puh erh dante from Adagio's sampler.

So, being a newbie, I am trying to be very open-minded. But truly, this stuff really smells and tastes like potting soil. I knew it was supposed to be "earthy", but... wow. So, I'm sipping my first cup, and with every sip, I'm thinking "hmmm, tastes like dirt. Not bad." Just finished my first cup and I'm going in for a refill.

What's amusing is... a few weeks ago, if I'd ordered tea in a restaurant and it came out smelling and tasting like dirt, I'd have sent it right back and asked for a fresh brew!

The tea journey is an interesting one.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 4th, '08, 21:16

by Victoria » Jun 4th, '08, 21:16

kymidwife wrote: ... And then, when I got home, I took the plunge and made my first puh erh... the puh erh dante from Adagio's sampler.

So, being a newbie, I am trying to be very open-minded. But truly, this stuff really smells and tastes like potting soil. I knew it was supposed to be "earthy", but... wow. So, I'm sipping my first cup, and with every sip, I'm thinking "hmmm, tastes like dirt. Not bad." Just finished my first cup and I'm going in for a refill.

What's amusing is... a few weeks ago, if I'd ordered tea in a restaurant and it came out smelling and tasting like dirt, I'd have sent it right back and asked for a fresh brew!

The tea journey is an interesting one.

Sarah
:shock:

Ahhh another newbie steps on the pathway of Pu. There are some good ones out there. It's a huge world unto itself.
:)

Jun 4th, '08, 21:52

by jim109 » Jun 4th, '08, 21:52

I have Shincha Kiramaki, Fukamushi Supreme, and Myabi in my fridge, not counting the blacks I have ordered in the last 6 months!!!!! What is the matter with me? I am putting in a new driveway in 7 weeks!! Where is all that money?
Please don't get me thinking of "iced tea" !!!! ( It will be black by the way)......:o)......Jim

Jun 4th, '08, 22:18

by auggy » Jun 4th, '08, 22:18

Den's sencha shin-ryoku to finish out the tea day. Pretty darn good. And I just ordered about $60 of tea (not that I needed anymore, but I wanted a yixing pot so I figured while I was getting that, I'd get some teas I wanted, too :oops: ).

Oh well. I was starting to be able to see a little shelf under all my teas in the pantry.

Jun 4th, '08, 22:33

by Space Samurai » Jun 4th, '08, 22:33

a bottle of 2006 Rioja Cortijo from Spain...wait, we were talking about tea, weren't we.

Jun 4th, '08, 23:05

by Mary R » Jun 4th, '08, 23:05

We don't have to be. I like what's in your glass more!

Jun 5th, '08, 00:10

by Chip » Jun 5th, '08, 00:10

Kirameki shincha. Coming down the home stretch on this one. I was lucky to be able to get another tea in today. Practically had to chug 5 steeps of 180* tea in the process.

I needed to play a little tonight, so, going through samples from the expos. It is funny, some vendors were almost throwing tea at us. Others gave us a single teabag.

Jun 5th, '08, 01:17

by Salsero » Jun 5th, '08, 01:17

Space Samurai wrote:2006 Rioja Cortijo
Everything is more romantic in Spanish!

Jun 5th, '08, 03:48

by bi lew chun » Jun 5th, '08, 03:48

Green and white iced tea for me, though I think my oolongs are telling me they want to be chilled.

Jun 5th, '08, 09:16

by Victoria » Jun 5th, '08, 09:16

bi lew chun wrote:Green and white iced tea for me, though I think my oolongs are telling me they want to be chilled.
I'm hearing that same whispering. Hummmmm.
:)