FRIDAY!!! TeaDay 6/06/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Salsero asked, "are you a 'teatotaler' or do you drink alcohol?"

I do not drink alcohol
18%
I virtually do not drink alcohol
10%
I drink acohol on occasion
43%
I drink alcohol
25%
Other
3%

Total votes: 60

Jun 6th, '08, 03:32
Scrolling: scrolling

FRIDAY!!! TeaDay 6/06/08

by Chip » Jun 6th, '08, 03:32

The vast majority of TeaChatters found soothing comfort when they drank tea as reported in yesterday's poll. Feel free to vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Welcome TeaChatters to a Friday edition of TeaDay. So, whatever is in your cup, come share it with us today...all day. You can also check out what everyone else is sipping as well. If you need to, you can reflect back on your TeaDay.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic was suggested by Salsero. Keep in mind, this can be a pretty sensitive topic for some. He wondered what percentage of TeaChatters actually drank alcohol or did not. Is there any correlation between tea drinking and personal choice regarding alcohol consumption. Or perhaps only drank occasionally. Share only what you are comfortable sharing, but feel free to share as much or as little as you want with us.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone on TeaDay as always!!! So, bottoms up, refill, repeat many times..after all, it is Friday!

Jun 6th, '08, 03:48

2006 Tea Tree Yinhao "Bai Zhen Jin Lian"

by Salsero » Jun 6th, '08, 03:48

Yeah, I am getting into the coveted second spot!

• RELISH FRIDAY WITH SHU
  • (June 6th is officially National Shu Puerh Day in parts of Canada, the Virgin Islands, and Gibraltar.)
Thanks to Trioxin for a delicious shu puerh, to Piet Mondrian for stepping in to do the layout, and to Ars Grafica for pushing the little button on the camera. 2006 Tea Tree Yinhao "Bai Zhen Jin Lian" from Awazon. This tea easily lopes through 10 or 11 infusions without batting an eye. The Tokoname-yaki yunomi displays cherry blossoms and maple leaves. (thanks to Buzz Fledderjohn for the botanical IDs).
<<<PIX CLIX ENCOURAGED - Click again and you get a pretty big file>>>

I love these deep red chataku! According to M. Stéphane Erler, coasters are called Cha Tuo in Chinese.

Jun 6th, '08, 04:39

by omegapd » Jun 6th, '08, 04:39

No alcohol for me. Friend of Bill W. Caused me many problems in the past...

Enjoying some Wagh Bakri CTC Assam again this morning. It's amazing to me how just steeping times can change a somewhat ordinary tea. With 2 minutes, I get distinct hints of ginger in the cup. With 3 1/2 the ginger is gone and a bitter chocolate flavor comes out. Pretty cool...

Eric W.

Jun 6th, '08, 05:35

by Photiou » Jun 6th, '08, 05:35

Not usually with tea, but sometimes I might spice up tea with splash of vodka or whisky.

Jun 6th, '08, 07:31

Re: 2006 Tea Tree Yinhao "Bai Zhen Jin Lian"

by chrl42 » Jun 6th, '08, 07:31

Salsero wrote:Yeah, I am getting into the coveted second spot!

• RELISH FRIDAY WITH SHU
  • (June 6th is officially National Shu Puerh Day in parts of Canada, the Virgin Islands, and Gibraltar.)
Thanks to Trioxin for a delicious shu puerh, to Piet Mondrian for stepping in to do the layout, and to Ars Grafica for pushing the little button on the camera. 2006 Tea Tree Yinhao "Bai Zhen Jin Lian" from Awazon. This tea easily lopes through 10 or 11 infusions without batting an eye. The Tokoname-yaki yunomi displays cherry blossoms and maple leaves. (thanks to Buzz Fledderjohn for the botanical IDs).

I love these deep red chataku! According to M. Stéphane Erler, coasters are called Cha Tuo in Chinese.
Hei Ni - Lung Duan Hu (dragon egg)!
I also see you got some sense on Cha Bei :)

I like alcohol as well. Beer, wine, Shao Xing, sake, soju you name it..
Last edited by chrl42 on Jun 6th, '08, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 6th, '08, 07:39

by Selaphiel » Jun 6th, '08, 07:39

I drink alcohol on occasion, I enjoy a dram of whisky every now and then. But only drink for the taste of it, I never drink to get drunk.

Think Im gonna try out my sample of Traditional Shui Xian today.

Jun 6th, '08, 08:16

by ThinkingOutLoud » Jun 6th, '08, 08:16

chrl42 wrote:I like alcohol as well. Beer, wine, Shao Xing, sake, soju you name it..
Soju ... that stuff is vile! Yikes! I've only tried it once and never again .... I drink a few beers a year, when the mood strikes. Irish Breakfast, straight up, this morning.

Jun 6th, '08, 08:52

by Salsero » Jun 6th, '08, 08:52

chrl42 wrote:Hei Ni - Lung Duan Hu (dragon egg)!
I also see you got some sense on Cha Bei.
Thanks Char42. Are you confirming that they are Japanese Maple leaves and cherry blossoms? I know plum blossoms are also sometimes used. Everyone seems to love that Dragon Egg Black Clay pot, including me.

Jun 6th, '08, 08:57

by Aphroditea » Jun 6th, '08, 08:57

although I drink other things on occasion, I typically have a glass of wine each night.

I like wines, although I have never gotten so into them as to be termed snobby. I like travelling through various wine countries and sampling and buying. I have a rack at home which holds 30 bottles and I get cranky when there are holes :)

Just like with my teas, I like to have a wide range to choose from to suit my many moods!

Today: Wedding Cake at home, Genmaicha for the road.

Jun 6th, '08, 09:09

by Mary R » Jun 6th, '08, 09:09

I am a huge believer in alcohol's mystical power to calm me the heck down. I usually don't drink, though, unless good wine is involved or I'm nervous. If I'm not at least a little keyed up, it puts me out like a light.

Jun 6th, '08, 09:11

by hop_goblin » Jun 6th, '08, 09:11

Salsero wrote:Yeah, I am getting into the coveted second spot!

• RELISH FRIDAY WITH SHU

Dang Sal, you are gonna have to send some of your work to Home and Garden, Food, TV Network, etc.! You are getting really good!

Jun 6th, '08, 09:12

by henley » Jun 6th, '08, 09:12

No alcohol at my house but will occasionally cook w/it. I've got a recipe for a Jack Daniels glaze that's great over grilled chicken. However, when I did used to drink, Goldschlager was always a favorite. Hmmm... now that I think about it, maybe that's why I like the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea so much. Image

Oolong #8 w/a touch of OBO this morning w/bfast. Yummy! :D May try the rest chilled w/lunch. Have a great day everybody!

Jun 6th, '08, 09:28

by witches brew » Jun 6th, '08, 09:28

I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, mostly when dining out with friends.

This morning I am enjoying a cup of Adagio Peppermint tisane. I don't need to keep a frenetic pace today, so the peppermint is a perfect, gentle wake-up.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jun 6th, '08, 09:33

by Victoria » Jun 6th, '08, 09:33

I enjoy an occasional glass of wine with dinner.

This morning's brew is Adagio Mango Black - I can see how this would make good iced tea. :)

Have a nice day everyone!

Jun 6th, '08, 09:50

by kymidwife » Jun 6th, '08, 09:50

I drink a glass of wine, a beer, or a margarita, usually not more than once a month or so... I'm a soft touch, so only one drink for me when I do imbibe. I've been considering trying to start a glass of wine every day as my mom's cardiologist recommended this for raising our "good" cholesterol levels. My "bad" cholesterol is not high, but my "good" is always alittle too low. Wine is just not something I ever crave. Now, a good margarita... sometimes I crave that.

In my cup at the moment is some sweet cranberry black from Teavana... my long-standing favorite flavored tea... having a big glass, iced. But, I'm craving something hot this morning, so will probably be brewing soon. I'm away from home at my mom's, so I have less available options, but I did toss a few sample tins into my bag.

Have a great day, all. :)

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***