Tuesday's teaDay 6/10/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The one tea that if it was the last one on the planet, you would NOT brew, let alone drink?

A black
9%
An oolong
2%
A green
2%
A white or yellow
No votes
A pu-erh
9%
A lapsang
13%
A Rooibos
15%
A particular herbal
24%
Yerbe mate
7%
Other
20%

Total votes: 46

Jun 10th, '08, 21:04

by Mary R » Jun 10th, '08, 21:04

Salsero wrote:Nice asamushi.
I giggled over that statement far more than I had any right to. :D

Jun 10th, '08, 21:14

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 10th, '08, 21:14

The first tea that came to mind when I read this question was Yunnan Gold. I still can't get over the musty hay and barnyard smell of it and I don't think I ever could if it was the last tea on Earth. As I have never tried Pu or lapsang, I would at least try them once before deciding against them. The only tea that really scares me and that I would not even try is Kombucha.

The only tea that I have had today was Irish Breakfast. Being half asleep this morning resulted in me using too much leaf and having a very strong cup of tea. Worst part was that I made two steeps of it without realizing how strong it was. That's what I get for putting the tea in travel mugs before I taste it. Thankfully, my friend at work helped me find some sugar in the cupboard there which toned down the tea enough to be a little more drinkable. Also in the cupboard, to my surprise, was a 4oz tin of loose Wuyi Oolong from Adagio. It looked like an older tin, so I am guessing that someone at the office received it as a gift and it ended up in the cupboard. At least I now know that it is there in case I am ever lacking tea at work.

Jun 10th, '08, 21:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jun 10th, '08, 21:29

Mary R wrote:
I giggled over that statement far more than I had any right to.
Dang! Have I gotten in trouble again?

Jun 10th, '08, 21:33

by Mary R » Jun 10th, '08, 21:33

Salsero wrote:
Mary R wrote:
Aw hells, naw! You're fine. It's me that needs to get her mind out of the gutter.

Jun 10th, '08, 21:33

by scruffmcgruff » Jun 10th, '08, 21:33

Salsero wrote:
Mary R wrote:
As long as you don't start talking about how great the fukamushi was.

Aw, cr*p.

:twisted:
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jun 10th, '08, 21:43

by auggy » Jun 10th, '08, 21:43

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:Might have to get into the shincha craze next year.

So yeah, my computer is still a brick with a pretty colored screen, I'm borrowing a gianormous laptop from hubby that he's repairing for my dad, the copier at my workplace still has a mind of its own, but hey, I've got TEA!
Psh, next year? You can still ride the shincha train TONIGHT!

Ojno what happened to your computer?
Yeah, I've already eyed some of the shinchas at o-cha. :lol: But I'm safe from a shincha run because all of my bookmarks are on my laptop. The one good thing about that?

As for what exactly happened w/ the computer, the video card went out. And the video card is attached to the motherboard so Dell is supposed to replace both of them hopefully tomorrow. Of course, earlier it was "hopefully today" but that didn't happen. *pout* Previously, I had been able to turn my laptop on and, even though nothing other than pretty stripes would show up on the screen, I could remotely access it and everything would be fine. But now it's not letting me connect remotely or even access my shared drives. But when the motherboard is replaced, hopefully that will make it happy.

Of course, I realize with all this that I am WAY too addicted to my computer. WAAAAAAAAY too addicted.

Jun 10th, '08, 22:02

by Chip » Jun 10th, '08, 22:02

Crazy thunderstorms here this evening.

Auggy, get some Fukamushi!!!

I think I need to brew some houjicha...for the low caffeine. 10 pm and I am so in need of a cup.

Hate to say these 3 words again...but..."at the Expo" an older Japanese man was roasting kukicha with one of those wierd looking Japanese clay roasters that the handle is also the spout. I ever knew that is what is was for. Anyway...he was really good at it.

A few months ago while waiting for shincha, I was doing a little roasting with Japanese tea. This guy made me look really bad.

Jun 10th, '08, 22:13

by auggy » Jun 10th, '08, 22:13

Chip wrote:Auggy, get some Fukamushi!!!
Chip, send me some!!! :lol:

The Tea Box has made me go mad. After the shincha, I've had some vanilla oolong and am now sipping on the Blood Orange, which is like drinking an orange Jolly Rancher - but in a good way.

Jun 10th, '08, 22:32

by bambooforest » Jun 10th, '08, 22:32

tenuki wrote:
bambooforest wrote: I'm drinking Li Shan high mountain oolong from Tea from Taiwan. Delicious!
This harvest?
It's from Spring of last year, so not this harvest.

Jun 10th, '08, 22:46

by Salsero » Jun 10th, '08, 22:46

Hey, owners and mods and tech people, is there some way to change the Check New Posts feature so it looks back over a longer period of time? I realize there probably isn't, but I usually remember to push it only once every day or two and as often as not it tells me NO NEW POSTS, when I know in my heart that it is lying.

Jun 10th, '08, 23:03

by Chip » Jun 10th, '08, 23:03

auggy wrote:
Chip wrote:Auggy, get some Fukamushi!!!
Chip, send me some!!! :lol:

The Tea Box has made me go mad. After the shincha, I've had some vanilla oolong and am now sipping on the Blood Orange, which is like drinking an orange Jolly Rancher - but in a good way.
I would be happy to. If you like the Hatsumi, you will become a flying monkey on fukamushi. PM me.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 10th, '08, 23:04

by Mary R » Jun 10th, '08, 23:04

Salsero wrote:Hey, owners and mods and tech people, is there some way to change the Check New Posts feature so it looks back over a longer period of time? I realize there probably isn't, but I usually remember to push it only once every day or two and as often as not it tells me NO NEW POSTS, when I know in my heart that it is lying.
The "New Posts" button doesn't pull all the new posts since the last time you checked, it pulls all the new posts made since the last time your username was on the site. So if you pop in for five to chat in the IM, then pop out...it starts over again. I don't know if that can be reset...that would be an Ilya question. You might want to PM him.

Jun 10th, '08, 23:16

by Wesli » Jun 10th, '08, 23:16

Jun 10th, '08, 23:28

by Chip » Jun 10th, '08, 23:28

That is tripping Wes!

On a personal note, a dear friend of mine will be on Jay Leno tomorrow night, Wednesday, performing a song from her debut album. Her voice is lovelier than she is. Check her out!

Priscilla Ahn

Jun 11th, '08, 00:03

by Victoria » Jun 11th, '08, 00:03

Chip wrote: On a personal note, a dear friend of mine will be on Jay Leno tomorrow night, Wednesday, performing a song from her debut album. Her voice is lovelier than she is. Check her out!

Priscilla Ahn
That's great! Very exciting stuff!

After checking her out a bit I have found her music has been played
as background on some TV series shows like Greys Anatomy.

Very cool, indeed!