Thursday is TeaDay, 6/12/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Which came first, the Tea Brewing Vessel or Tea?

Clearly the tea brewing vessel
8%
Are you kidding, tea of course
65%
It was a tie
24%
Other
2%

Total votes: 49

Jun 12th, '08, 11:14

by kymidwife » Jun 12th, '08, 11:14

Chicken... egg.... tea... vessel. In the global historical sense, tea had to come first. There were lots of vessels, but they couldn't call themselves tea vessels if there was no tea to fill with. In a more personal sense, tea came first, and I still don't have much in the way of teaware. My vessels are Perfect TeaMakers from Teavana... and one glass pot with a glass infuser basket. My teacups are coffee cups, mostly with Disney characters... I don't own a single traditional teacup... YET.

In my cup today... hmmm, interesting. I got called in to work at 4am, and when I returned home at 9am, I wasn't in the mood for anything hot, so I decided to try one of the custom blends I bought... this one is called Green De Menthe. So this mixes Spearmint, Citron Green, and Rooibos Vanilla.

It's ok... but I am slowly coming to realize that I am just not a Rooibos lover... and I don't think I'll be purchasing any more or including any in my own blends in the future. Its just not my thing, and I find it consistently to be a blend flavor that I wish wasn't there. I'll be taking this one to my friend LeAnn who will brew it as a hot cup and she will adore it.

Ohhhh... and I missed posting yesterday due to work, but in my cup yesterday morning was Keemun Concerto, mmmm, I love it hot in the mornings. BUT... when I got home last night, I foolishly put the rest over ice to have with dinner. Lets just say, SOME things are not meant to be iced, and this is one of them. The smoky notes were just not pleasant at all in the iced form. Blehhhhh.

Have a great TeaDay! Let's go for 150 posts today....

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 12th, '08, 11:17

by RussianSoul » Jun 12th, '08, 11:17

Victoria wrote:This morning a nice cup of Scottish Breakfast via Russian Soul I believe.
This is so strange Victoria having a breakfast blend this morning, and I am having a Baozhong. The wires of the Universe must have crossed somewhere. I had a dream early this morning that I am having a cup of Baozhong for breakfast, it was so real in my dream, I could smell it and taste it. So I had to make some as soon as I got up. (And no, I am not obsessed :wink: )

I agree the question of the day IS a chicken and egg question. I think tea and teaware came into being simultaneously. As soon as the liquid in the container was labeled as tea, the container automatically became the teaware.

Sal, another gorgeous shot! You are a total babe! In a masculine sense of word, of course.

Jun 12th, '08, 11:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jun 12th, '08, 11:28

RussianSoul wrote:Sal ... You are a total babe! In a masculine sense of word, of course.
¡Muy, pero muy, masculino! Image ...y tan babe que no lo pueden imaginar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and Baozhong in my cup too. I'm really loving this stuff lately.

Jun 12th, '08, 11:43

by keelyn » Jun 12th, '08, 11:43

The tea! In plant form at least. The plants had to be around was around for some time before, as the legend goes, that emperor dude who discovered tea chanced to have leaves blow in his cup of hot water. And thus birthed both the first mug of tea as well as the first teaware!

About to brew some keemun mao feng English style in a 16 oz. yixing.

Jun 12th, '08, 11:56

by auggy » Jun 12th, '08, 11:56

My computer is fixed! YAY!

Now if only I had tea here to celebrate.

Jun 12th, '08, 12:00

by augie » Jun 12th, '08, 12:00

I am getting this vision like the Recee's PB cup commercial from a while back.

"You dumped tea in my hot water bowl"
"Hey you got my tea leaves all wet . . ."

"hmmmm . . . "

I am about to go enjoy some iced dancong.
Last edited by augie on Jun 12th, '08, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 12th, '08, 12:03

Re: Rou Gui

by Selaphiel » Jun 12th, '08, 12:03

Salsero wrote:
Selaphiel wrote: I bought it a while ago at Jingteashop.com I'm finishing what is left of it.
YIKES, $78.00 for 100 gr and almost a dollar a gram for a 25 gr sample. Now I wish it were a local Oslo shop where you got it!
That would be even more expensive :p Oslo and Norway in general has really high prices on everything. 78$ isn`t that bad for a good DHP for me :) I find most teas on the net cheap compared to what I have to pay if I`m getting them here

Jun 12th, '08, 12:12

by olivierco » Jun 12th, '08, 12:12

Kirameki shincha just now.

Jun 12th, '08, 12:20

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 12:20

auggy wrote:My computer is fixed! YAY!

YAAAYYY Happy day for her augginess!

Jun 12th, '08, 12:23

by Trey Winston » Jun 12th, '08, 12:23

Victoria wrote:
Oh ... or is this the chicken or the egg question? Confucius say ... I have made gaiwan ... now I need one guy to fill it. Ok ... that was soooo lame. If you didn't get it, you're lucky, move on.
I think I got it (gaiwan - one guy), and it made me chuckle. It's just my kind of absurd and farfetched humor (I guess I should be worried).

Jun 12th, '08, 12:36

by auggy » Jun 12th, '08, 12:36

Pentox wrote:

I want to play with it so we can re-bond after our long separation, but dangit! People are making me work! :lol:

Jun 12th, '08, 12:37

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 12:37

auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:

I want to play with it so we can re-bond after our long separation, but dangit! People are making me work! :lol:
Damn those people making you work! Don't they realize you need some special time alone with your computer?

Jun 12th, '08, 12:48

by auggy » Jun 12th, '08, 12:48

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:

Damn those people making you work! Don't they realize you need some special time alone with your computer?
Someone who understands!!!!!!

Of course, if I can figure out the network key to get on our wireless network here, I can play with it AND work. Or at least look like I'm working. :twisted:

Jun 12th, '08, 12:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 12th, '08, 12:48

Yay Auggy!

In my cup at work this morning - Xiang Hua TGY - From Jing
A very nice green TGY

Jun 12th, '08, 12:53

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 12:53

auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:

Someone who understands!!!!!!

Of course, if I can figure out the network key to get on our wireless network here, I can play with it AND work. Or at least look like I'm working. :twisted:
If you have another computer on wireless it's not that hard to find it.