Thursday is TeaDay, 6/12/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Which came first, the Tea Brewing Vessel or Tea?

Clearly the tea brewing vessel
8%
Are you kidding, tea of course
65%
It was a tie
24%
Other
2%

Total votes: 49

Jun 12th, '08, 13:03

by auggy » Jun 12th, '08, 13:03

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:My computer is fixed! YAY!

Now if only I had tea here to celebrate.
YAAAYYY Happy day for her augginess!
I want to play with it so we can re-bond after our long separation, but dangit! People are making me work! :lol:
Damn those people making you work! Don't they realize you need some special time alone with your computer?
Someone who understands!!!!!!

Of course, if I can figure out the network key to get on our wireless network here, I can play with it AND work. Or at least look like I'm working. :twisted:
If you have another computer on wireless it's not that hard to find it.
I don't but there are a couple other laptops floating around here that I could get the key from. But hubby set the new network up, so I'm just waiting on him to email me back. Ah, to have connections. :wink:

Jun 12th, '08, 13:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 12th, '08, 13:18

auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:

I want to play with it so we can re-bond after our long separation, but dangit! People are making me work! :lol:
Damn those people making you work! Don't they realize you need some special time alone with your computer?

Of course, if I can figure out the network key to get on our wireless network here, I can play with it AND work. Or at least look like I'm working. :twisted:
I don't but there are a couple other laptops floating around here that I could get the key from. But hubby set the new network up, so I'm just waiting on him to email me back. Ah, to have connections. :wink:
Pentox and Auggy have become King and Queen of the "forum tunnels" that have grown to epic lengths... :lol:

It was a tie...obviously when the mythical leaves fell into the water, both tea and tea brewing vessels were born.

For me personally, it was tea first...

Adagio Nepal FF again this morning. If you did not try a Nepal tea, you should. They make great additions to iced tea blends as well.

And now, another "blend" as I finished off one fukamushi and had to add another fukamushi to it. So, ended up with a fukamushi from Uji and Shizuoka prefectures.

Glad to hear the computer is up and running Auggy, added some drama to TeaDay..and I learned a few things along the way.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 12th, '08, 13:27

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 13:27

Chip wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:

Pentox and Auggy have become King and Queen of the "forum tunnels" that have grown to epic lengths... :lol:

It was a tie...obviously when the mythical leaves fell into the water, both tea and tea brewing vessels were born.

Adagio Nepal FF again this morning. If you did not try a Nepal tea, you should. They make great additions to iced tea blends as well.

And now, another "blend" as I finished off one fukamushi and had to add another fukamushi to it. So, ended up with a fukamushi from Uji and Shizuoka prefectures.

Glad to hear the computer is up and running Auggy, added some drama to TeaDay..and I learned a few things along the way.
orly? rlyrly?

J/k. I'll stop now :P

Oh and this morning ice cold, cold brew hibiki-an farmer's shincha, this stuff is amazing.

Jun 12th, '08, 13:28

by Victoria » Jun 12th, '08, 13:28

henley wrote:Another bday surprise was coming home to my part of my lilies blooming. They are my favorite flower & I'll have various ones blooming thru July. Image
Henley, is that you? You have changed so much since your vacation!
I was going to ask for a lager pic of the lily and cup, thanks! Just lovely!
Not sure I would have the heart to pick it.
That color is astounding!

Jun 12th, '08, 13:30

by Chip » Jun 12th, '08, 13:30

Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Another bday surprise was coming home to my part of my lilies blooming. They are my favorite flower & I'll have various ones blooming thru July. Image
Lovely Asiatic Lily!!! Quite girly cup. Welcome back to your TeaHome.

Jun 12th, '08, 13:34

by Chip » Jun 12th, '08, 13:34

Pentox wrote: orly? rlyrly?

J/k. I'll stop now :P

Oh and this morning ice cold, cold brew hibiki-an farmer's shincha, this stuff is amazing.
OK, Pentox...you have convinced me, this will be one of my next openings. I have never had authentic Farmer shincha, which is essentially just Aracha that has been packaged vs baled and cold stored for year long enjoyment.

I may get a package out of CS today.

Jun 12th, '08, 13:38

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 13:38

Chip wrote:
OK, Pentox...you have convinced me, this will be one of my next openings. I have never had authentic Farmer shincha, which is essentially just Aracha that has been packaged vs baled and cold stored for year long enjoyment.

Yaay we helped you make your choice without you even showing us your list.

Jun 12th, '08, 13:47

by olivierco » Jun 12th, '08, 13:47

Silver needles. Kind of flat after shincha.

Jun 12th, '08, 13:47

by Chip » Jun 12th, '08, 13:47

Pentox wrote:
Chip wrote:

Yaay we helped you make your choice without you even showing us your list.
(new tea forum Chunnel forming)

The unopen list of SHINCHA...(I also have Hatsumi, Hashiri, Fukamushi Maki open and nearing emptiness)

O-Cha: Yutaka Midori, Fukamushi Supreme...finished all my other ones
Hibiki-an: Shincha Traditional, Farmer, Super Premium...finished Fukamushi today
Den: Kunpu asamushi, Houryoko fukamushi...almost done with the others

Jun 12th, '08, 13:57

Re: Rou Gui

by Chip » Jun 12th, '08, 13:57

TimeforTea wrote:
Salsero wrote:Click on the photo so you can see detail of the spent leaves. On the green leaves, you can see the red marks which indicate the locations and degree of oxidation.

Interesting!

• //Clic pic pls\\
[/color]
Everyone thinking good thoughts about Auggy and Dell today?
I don't say it enough, Sal, thanx for always brightening TeaDay...well our TeaDays with your images.

I like the overlap cup...which is pure white, my fave teacup "color." But I have to ask, how many DIFFERENT teacups do you own??? Would they all fit into a family photo?

Jun 12th, '08, 13:59

by henley » Jun 12th, '08, 13:59

Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Another bday surprise was coming home to my part of my lilies blooming. They are my favorite flower & I'll have various ones blooming thru July.

It was no big deal picking the lily. It was one of about 12 that have bloomed so far. The more vibrant ones will bloom later. I usually pick those, too, & enjoy them on the back deck.

Regarding the new avatar -- at least this way I can enjoy tea on the beach all summer long! 8)
Chip wrote:Welcome back to your TeaHome.
*uses exaggerated southern accent* Why thank you, kind sir. Image
Last edited by henley on Jun 12th, '08, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 12th, '08, 14:32

by Tea na » Jun 12th, '08, 14:32

Tea came first for me. Started out with *gasp* tea bags (like almost everyone else). Then I found Adagio and discovered the cool gadgets you can get for loose tea. I haven't bought anything fancy yet for my teaware (partially because I love my ingenuiTEA!)

I'm finishing off my golden monkey (have one more pot to make). I'm trying to concentrate on one type of loose tea (to partially clean out my tea, I have a lot, plus to learn and appreciate each tea).

Happy sipping!
Tea Na

Jun 12th, '08, 14:35

by auggy » Jun 12th, '08, 14:35

Chip wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:

So, we get a prize for this, right????

BTW, I know everyone is dying to know, my computer is on the wifi and we are having a lovely bonding moment as it downloads days of emails and I pet it. :lol:

Jun 12th, '08, 14:46

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 14:46

auggy wrote: So, we get a prize for this, right????

BTW, I know everyone is dying to know, my computer is on the wifi and we are having a lovely bonding moment as it downloads days of emails and I pet it. :lol:
Awh how sweeet :D

It sounds like it's pretty good about catching up on old times.

Jun 12th, '08, 14:52

by auggy » Jun 12th, '08, 14:52

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote: So, we get a prize for this, right????

Awh how sweeet :D

It sounds like it's pretty good about catching up on old times.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned the waaaaay too attached to my laptop thing, right? :lol: