Friday finally...TeaDay, 6/13/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Organic or not organic...which side of the fence are you on?

Organic tea is for me
15%
Non organic is my choice
11%
No opinion
40%
Other
34%

Total votes: 53

Jun 13th, '08, 22:39

by joelbct » Jun 13th, '08, 22:39

I've gotta say, this forum is really something else with these pictures.

Beautiful work my friends, thank you! I think we may have invented a new art form, tea-photography-arrangement Image

I hope all of this is getting archived... perhaps someone should write a macro to archive the whole forum, so its backed up in multiple spots...

Jun 13th, '08, 23:39

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 13th, '08, 23:39

Victoria wrote:Other - because I will choose organic where I have the choice, but I do not seek out only organic.
Like many others, I agree with Victoria. I do end up with a lot of organic products since some of them taste better to me, or only come in organic like the soy or almond milks. If a tea is organic, I have nothing against buying it, but if it is not organic and tastes better than the organic tea, I would rather buy the better tasting tea.

My tea consumption was low today. I only managed two mugs of Irish Breakfast tea. I might make some Vanilla Rooibos soon though.

Jun 13th, '08, 23:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 13th, '08, 23:46

Welcome choiceofbeverage!

Cinnamon Kitty wrote: My tea consumption was low today. I only managed two mugs of Irish Breakfast tea. I might make some Vanilla Rooibos soon though.
Oh me too Ck, I was at work till 7:30 pm that was 11.5 hours for me today with no official lunch break. Just a couple cups of tea and a few stops by TeaDay.
I'm sooo glad the weekend is here!

Jun 14th, '08, 00:12

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 14th, '08, 00:12

Victoria wrote:Welcome choiceofbeverage!

Cinnamon Kitty wrote: My tea consumption was low today. I only managed two mugs of Irish Breakfast tea. I might make some Vanilla Rooibos soon though.
Oh me too Ck, I was at work till 7:30 pm that was 11.5 hours for me today with no official lunch break. Just a couple cups of tea and a few stops by TeaDay.
I'm sooo glad the weekend is here!
Your day sounds worse than mine. I had a lunch break at least. I worked 8:30 to 5:15ish and then didn't get home until 11pm after running errands that needed to be done tonight. Somehow I failed at stopping home to make a quick travel mug of tea to take with me. Hopefully the weekend will allow for the drinking of many teas.

Jun 14th, '08, 02:24

by Chip » Jun 14th, '08, 02:24

choiceofbeverage wrote:really have no opinion on organic. free trade holds more sway, though the two usually go together

first post. first cup of oolong right now. Oolong #8 from adagio sampler. just ate an awesome chocolate-chip cookie so i really can't taste the tea...

JL
Welcome JL/Choice of Beverage!

Thanx for sharing your cup and cookie with us. :D

Still sipping this tou cha. This will be with me tomorrow as well.

Jun 14th, '08, 09:05

by CynTEAa » Jun 14th, '08, 09:05

Chip wrote:
choiceofbeverage wrote:really have no opinion on organic. free trade holds more sway, though the two usually go together

first post. first cup of oolong right now. Oolong #8 from adagio sampler. just ate an awesome chocolate-chip cookie so i really can't taste the tea...

JL
Welcome JL/Choice of Beverage!

Thanx for sharing your cup and cookie with us. :D

Yes, welcome JL/CoB! We love cookies!

Chip, a tuo cha sounds great. Where is it from?

Jun 14th, '08, 11:49

by insanitylater » Jun 14th, '08, 11:49

i don't really seek out organic teas but if i find one i like that's nice. food wise i try to eat organic as much as i can because i really don't like the idea of ingesting pesticides. i don't think it's going to make me live forever (no one will) but if given the choice i would rather eat the healthier/tastier food. i'll choose organic strawberries over regular ones every time

there are people out there who smoke and drink everyday and don't worry about what they eat that make it to 100. i'll just keep eating what i think tastes good

Jun 14th, '08, 12:54

by Chip » Jun 14th, '08, 12:54

CynTEAa wrote:
Chip wrote: Thanx for sharing your cup and cookie with us. :D

MMM...chocolate CHIP cookie...gotta be good. :wink:

I have written here and there about these tou cha...won't do too much good telling you because I got them in 1999 when I wanted to try anything tea, hated it at first try, and as usual...did not throw it away. They are from SpecialTeas. They still have the same item number last time I looked...but could not tell you if they are any good.

Found them again in 2006, kinda liked it but still wasn't ready to go the pu-erh route, set them in a bowl thinking I would use them if they were readily available...2 years later, I am finally getting around to them.

To say I abused these tou cha is a gross understatement. But they are paying dividends. If all pu-erh was this easy....

These are great for away from home, as long as you can find boiling water. The leaf just sits on the bottom, no major teaware needed. But they brew easily 8-10 times.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 14th, '08, 12:56

by Victoria » Jun 14th, '08, 12:56

Chip wrote:
CynTEAa wrote:
Chip wrote: Thanx for sharing your cup and cookie with us. :D

MMM...chocolate CHIP cookie...gotta be good. :wink:

I have written here and there about these tou cha...won't do too much good telling you because I got them in 1999 when I wanted to try anything tea, hated it at first try, and as usual...did not throw it away. They are from SpecialTeas. They still have the same item number last time I looked...but could not tell you if they are any good.

Found them again in 2006, kinda liked it but still wasn't ready to go the pu-erh route, set them in a bowl thinking I would use them if they were readily available...2 years later, I am finally getting around to them.

To say I abused these tou cha is a gross understatement. But they are paying dividends. If all pu-erh was this easy....

These are great for away from home, as long as you can find boiling water. The leaf just sits on the bottom, no major teaware needed. But they brew easily 8-10 times.
Sounds good but will it go 40 posts?

LOL

Jun 14th, '08, 13:04

by Chip » Jun 14th, '08, 13:04

I could get 31 posts out of this discussion.... :D
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 14th, '08, 13:09

by themadhatter444 » Jun 14th, '08, 13:09

Currently steeping some Rooibos and wondering if I want to take a crack at another video review or not... I love Roobos!

Poll question: No opinion here. As someone else said, I'll choose organic when available, but really would not go out of my way to do so.

Have a good afternoon!