Father's Day TeaDay 2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Any special Father's Day plans...and will tea be a special part of it?

Yes and yes
8%
Yes and no
23%
No and yes
23%
No and no
36%
Other
10%

Total votes: 39

Jun 15th, '08, 03:15
Scrolling: scrolling

Father's Day TeaDay 2008

by Chip » Jun 15th, '08, 03:15

Yesterday, a surprisingly high number of TeaChatters reported to never breaking teaware. You can still vote and discuss this topic.

Welcome to a Father's Day Edition of TeaDay.

Let's all brew, come back and share what is in our cups today...all day. If you need to, you can reflect back on your TeaDay.

So, any special Father's Day plans? How does tea figure into it? Will tea still be a big part of your day?

I am looking forward to hearing about everyone's TeaDay...and to sharing cups with one and all. So, bottoms up, refill, repeat often...

Jun 15th, '08, 03:22

by Photiou » Jun 15th, '08, 03:22

Fathers Day is 9th of November, so no plans yet...

Jun 15th, '08, 03:23

by omegapd » Jun 15th, '08, 03:23

I actually celebrated Father's Day on Saturday. I'm at work tonight and the kiddo wanted to go with some friends on a camping trip so wouldn't be home Sunday morning when I got off work. I had a great day...

Tea will play a part in the 'real' Father's Day, though, since I have some new stuff to try out from Upton. As soon as I get home, I'm opening up the baggie of Osmanthus Oolong to see how it compares to another favorite scented Oolong, Jasmine.

Assam at work tonight.

EW

Jun 15th, '08, 03:27

by olivierco » Jun 15th, '08, 03:27

Silver needles with breakfast.

Jun 15th, '08, 03:28

by Victoria » Jun 15th, '08, 03:28

No special plans for me, but tea ... is always a part of it.

I want to wish everyone here in the USA -

Happy Father's Day!

Jun 15th, '08, 03:59

Huang Jin Gui oolong

by Salsero » Jun 15th, '08, 03:59

Huang Jin Gui oolong from Anxi County in Fujian Province, aromatic and creamy. Also called Golden Osmanthus, but it is not flavored. I forgot to count, but I'm sure I got 8, maybe 10 infusions. Seems like these oolongs just never end for me lately.

(Click photo from large image)

The yunomi bears the Matsuba device, twin pine needles joined in one fascicle, symbol of romantic unity*, recalling the intense romance of Puccini’s Madama Butterfly ... Un bel dì vedremo.

*Thanks to Chamekke for this fact.

Jun 15th, '08, 04:47

Re: Huang Jin Gui oolong

by Jack_teachat » Jun 15th, '08, 04:47

Salsero wrote:
The yunomi bears the Matsuba device, twin pine needles joined in one fascicle, symbol of romantic unity*, recalling the intense romance of Puccini’s Madama Butterfly ... Un bel dì vedremo.

*Thanks to Chamekke for this fact.
That is a beautiful cup Sal, is it from Hibiki-an?

No fathers day celebrations for me but I am off on my stag do early tommorow morning to Amsterdam until Wednesday, although it won't be the most traditional stag party as I've recently drastically cut down on my alcohol consumption. I'm planning on having an absolutely fantastic time however, anybody know of any good places to get tea?

No tea for me as of yet but will probably have some Miyabi soon, I think this is the best Shincha I've had so far this year!

Jack :D

Jun 15th, '08, 05:06

Re: Huang Jin Gui oolong

by Salsero » Jun 15th, '08, 05:06

Jack_teachat wrote:That is a beautiful cup Sal, is it from Hibiki-an?
Yes.

Jun 15th, '08, 05:43

by henley » Jun 15th, '08, 05:43

Have special plans for today but tea is not necessarily a part of them. Will fix tea w/bfast but that's just normal routine around here. :wink:

To all you great dads out there, hope you have a Happy Father's Day!

PS-Sal, what's the flower in the photo? Very pretty & dainty.

Jun 15th, '08, 09:14

by TimeforTea » Jun 15th, '08, 09:14

No special plans today, other than a long distance phone call to my dad.

Drinking peach oolong this morning. Planning to try the sample of wuyi later with my husband to see if we like darker oolongs.

Happy Father's Day to all who are celebrating! :D

Jun 15th, '08, 09:35

by witches brew » Jun 15th, '08, 09:35

Well, I'm drinking black tea because my father always started the day with it. My choice was Makaibari Estate Darjeeling Muscat from ItoEn.

No special plans for today, other than the tea tribute that's in my cup right now. I'm working for a couple of hours later this morning, and my cat has a play date with the Bengal who lives upstairs.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jun 15th, '08, 09:36

by Aphroditea » Jun 15th, '08, 09:36

Well, this morning is the typical Father's Day proceedings. Make awesome homemade breakfast then open prezzies. Then we will have some dinner of their choice this evening.

Last night my dad and husband went out sushi hopping (it is like bar hopping, but you go to sushi bars). They stayed out really late and had a great time. This is a huge treat for them because my mother and I are allergic to fish, my son won't eat it and my sister won't eat fish that isn't cooked - so they rarely get this kind of treat.

As for tea, it won't play a special role, but I am sure some folks around here will make themselves a cup.

In MY cup: Plum Oolong :D

Jun 15th, '08, 09:47

by Beidao » Jun 15th, '08, 09:47

Father's day is not until November in Sweden either, so no plans.

I went out to get me some clothes today. Came home with: 2 teas, 2 teapots, 4 teacups. No clothes :lol:

The teas were Kokeicha and Green Darjeeling. I'll have some tea now. Don't know which one. All these decisions...
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Jun 15th, '08, 10:30

by Carnelian » Jun 15th, '08, 10:30

Got a cake for my dad, and yesterday I made strawberry jam so he can have a nice breakfast. Unfortunately, in spite of all my attempts, dad is still a coffee only type (with the exception of the rare glass of iced tea)
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jun 15th, '08, 10:31

by RussianSoul » Jun 15th, '08, 10:31

Beidao wrote:I went out to get me some clothes today. Came home with: 2 teas, 2 teapots, 4 teacups. No clothes :lol:
Nothing like having a cup of tea naked! Very liberating! :shock: