New Here, Jasmine Green Teas

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jun 18th, '08, 10:14

New Here, Jasmine Green Teas

by chaas82 » Jun 18th, '08, 10:14

Hi! I'm new here, and also semi-new to tea. I started drinking it last year in my new attempt to a more healthy, purer lifestyle. I tried one or two bagged teas, and once I tried loose leaf I quickly realized how much more I loved it - the flavor, variety, even just the overall process of making it.

Anyway - I've tried a few different green teas and so far my fallback is always Jasmine. I love it! I like the Teavana Jasmine Dragon Pheonix Pearls - but its pretty expensive, $12 for 2 oz. Does anyone know how the Adagio Jasmine #12 compares?

Also, any other recommendations for me?

Thanks, Cassie

Jun 18th, '08, 12:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 18th, '08, 12:06

Hi! I just wanted to welcome you!

I can't help you with your Jasmine Tea question, but I'm sure someone else will jump in soon.

But, I think you will find Adagio has better prices, and incentives, and so many samples to try! A great place for a newbie to start is with a starter set or sampler set. Have fun!

Please come join us on TeaDay and tell us what is in your cup currently!

Welcome,
Victoria

Jun 18th, '08, 12:26

by Geekgirl » Jun 18th, '08, 12:26

Jasmine #12 is good, better than Teavana's.

Also, I like and use Tao of Tea's (convenient since I'm in Portland and can buy it at New Seasons.) I honestly can't tell the difference with the taste, even though Adagio's is Fujian and ToT is Hunan. Purists should be sharpening their pitchforks right about now. :lol:

ToT's is by far the least expensive, coming in at 1/2 the price of Teavana's, and still somewhat less than Adagio's. From what I understand though, Adagio is almost certainly an easier company to deal with mail-order. YMMV.

Jun 18th, '08, 12:58

by olivierco » Jun 18th, '08, 12:58

Welcome.
Adagio jasmine pearls (jasmine #12) are good. No reason to pay more money.

Jun 18th, '08, 21:48

by kymidwife » Jun 18th, '08, 21:48

I would have to agree... Adagio's Jasmine #12 is better than Teavana's version. Teavana's was the first Jasmine dragon pearl I'd ever tried, and I really loved it... but Adagio's has a better flavor, and a better price.

I actually tried all the Adagio Jasmines and they are all very good... #9 is as good as Teavana's as well, even though its not the pearls. I enjoy it very much. #5 was ok, but for the price, #9 is lots better... and 12 is heavenly.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 19th, '08, 01:54

by Chip » Jun 19th, '08, 01:54

kymidwife wrote:I would have to agree... Adagio's Jasmine #12 is better than Teavana's version. Teavana's was the first Jasmine dragon pearl I'd ever tried, and I really loved it... but Adagio's has a better flavor, and a better price.

Sarah
Ditto...everything!

Welcome Cassie to TeaChat. I hope you stick around and share many cups with us on TeaDay by clicking HERE
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

+ Post Reply