New To Forum, Just Saying Hi

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jun 20th, '08, 13:15

New To Forum, Just Saying Hi

by bronzebed » Jun 20th, '08, 13:15

hello everyone. i'm new to the forum, so i thought i'd introduce myself. i'm a big tea fan, have been for many many years but i haven't really delved into too much information about it with the exception of what i've picked up along the way when buying teas. right now i'm in a life transition and while figuring out what i wanted to do next, it came to me that i should do something involving tea. so i've been trying to learn as much as possible so that i can open up a tea house.

in general i lean towards white and green teas, though i do branch out. the only teas that i just can't get into are pu-erhs. as much as i wanted to like pu-erh teas i just can't get into them.

now drinking: genmaicha

Jun 20th, '08, 13:24
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: New To Forum, Just Saying Hi

by Salsero » Jun 20th, '08, 13:24

bronzebed wrote:in general i lean towards white and green teas, though i do branch out. the only teas that i just can't get into are pu-erhs. as much as i wanted to like pu-erh teas i just can't get into them.
You don't get off so light on this form: Chinese greens or Japanese greens? Which are your favorite vendors for these?

If you continue to dislike puerh you run a big risk of being banned!! :wink:

Welcome to the forum. Stop by TeaDay to check in and tell us what you are drinking today, answer the poll, and general chitchat.

Jun 20th, '08, 13:25

by Victoria » Jun 20th, '08, 13:25

Welcome!

Please come join us on TeaDay and tell us what is in your cup currently!

Welcome,
Victoria

Jun 20th, '08, 13:41

by bronzebed » Jun 20th, '08, 13:41

Salsero wrote: You don't get off so light on this form: Chinese greens or Japanese greens? Which are your favorite vendors for these?

If you continue to dislike puerh you run a big risk of being banned!! :wink:

Welcome to the forum. Stop by TeaDay to check in and tell us what you are drinking today, answer the poll, and general chitchat.
well, i love all green teas but i find myself buying more japanese greens. i like to buy my teas from local stores. i haven't made too many purchases off of the internet yet. there is a store near me and the guy imports some of his teas directly from japan and he likes to push those teas and i end up buying them. its the only tea store i have been to that has the estates listed and the guy knows a lot about each tea.

believe me, i have tried with pu-erhs. i really have. maybe i just need to find one that is a bit more mellow.

thanks for the warm welcome. :D

Jun 20th, '08, 14:09

by Salsero » Jun 20th, '08, 14:09

bronzebed wrote: i like to buy my teas from local stores. i haven't made too many purchases off of the internet yet. there is a store near me and the guy imports some of his teas directly from japan and he likes to push those teas and i end up buying them. its the only tea store i have been to that has the estates listed and the guy knows a lot about each tea.
Most of us would love to be able to buy locally, but there just ain't many locals to buy from in the USA, unless you count Starbucks and the supermarkets.

Jun 20th, '08, 14:38

by bronzebed » Jun 20th, '08, 14:38

Salsero wrote:
bronzebed wrote: i like to buy my teas from local stores. i haven't made too many purchases off of the internet yet. there is a store near me and the guy imports some of his teas directly from japan and he likes to push those teas and i end up buying them. its the only tea store i have been to that has the estates listed and the guy knows a lot about each tea.
Most of us would love to be able to buy locally, but there just ain't many locals to buy from in the USA, unless you count Starbucks and the supermarkets.
*shudders at the thought of starbucks tea*

i feel really lucky to have such a great tea place near me. i'm going to have to get a lot more familiar with internet options, especially wholesalers, though if i plan on opening up a tea house.

Jun 20th, '08, 15:24

by olivierco » Jun 20th, '08, 15:24

Welcome!

Jun 20th, '08, 19:19

by chamekke » Jun 20th, '08, 19:19

Welcome! I look forward to hearing from you about which teas and teawares you like most :)

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 21st, '08, 02:13

by Chip » Jun 21st, '08, 02:13

Welcome bronzebed to TeaChat. Is that single estate Japanese teas??? That would be very interesting to hear about.

VISIT TeaDay often!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 21st, '08, 02:49

by chamekke » Jun 21st, '08, 02:49

Hi and welcome, Bronzebed!

You will find a LOT of fellow Japanese-tea fans here... to put it mildly :D

Jun 21st, '08, 10:39

by bronzebed » Jun 21st, '08, 10:39

thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :D

chip-yep, single estate japanese teas.

Jun 21st, '08, 11:29