A Midsummer Night's Tea

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Jun 19th, '08, 21:05

A Midsummer Night's Tea

by witches brew » Jun 19th, '08, 21:05

The traditional tea of Midsummer Night's Eve is a mint tisane. This refreshing and invigorating tisane is the ideal beverage for the night-long bonfire vigil in preparation for greeting the midsummer sun.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jun 20th, '08, 00:25

by Wesli » Jun 20th, '08, 00:25

Jun 20th, '08, 09:10

by LavenderPekoe » Jun 20th, '08, 09:10

Today is the summer solstice. It is a holiday! I will let WB explain it since I am sure she is better at it than I am.
Teas for trade:

Jun 20th, '08, 09:56

by witches brew » Jun 20th, '08, 09:56

In the northern hemisphere, tonight is the shortest night of the year, and tomorrow the longest day. It's the official beginning of the summer season.

The ancient Celts divided their year into two, rather than four seasons. Summer was from the vernal equinox to the autumnal equinox. This longest day, falling in the middle of the Celtic summer, is known as Midsummer Day.

It's traditional to stay up all night on this Midsummer Eve, light bonfires, and watch the sun rise.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jun 20th, '08, 17:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » Jun 20th, '08, 17:52

Happy Solstice!

A night-long bonfire vigil sounds fun.

Are there any other traditions, WB? :)

Jun 21st, '08, 11:14

by witches brew » Jun 21st, '08, 11:14

Looking through some of my books, I'm seeing quite a few tisanes mentioned in context of Midsummer day. This is the day in general to harvest herbs for their greatest magical potency.

NOTE: Magical herbalism differs from medical herbalism; it acts on the spirit rather than the physical body. Seek professional medical treatment for medical needs, and enjoy magical herbs as a complement to traditional medicine.

Chamomile is sacred to the sun, and connects you with the inner powers of healing and regeneration. It encourages a good night's sleep. Avoid chamomile if you are allergic to ragweed.

Fennel ws one of the nine sacred herbs of the Anglo Saxons. Hung over the door on Midsummer Eve, it keeps away evil spirits. To make fennel tea, curs one tsp of fennel seeds and simmer in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes. Strain and sweeten with honey

Lavender is an all-purpose magical herb, promoting relaxation and peace. On Midsummer, go to a place where the faerie are known to congregate, inhale a sprig of lavender, and you may be treated to a visit from the faerie folk. Lavender tea is made by steeping 1 tsp of culinary grade lavender in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes.

Happy Midsummer to everyone in the northern hemisphere, and happy Midwinter to everyone Down Under!

Jun 23rd, '08, 17:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » Jun 23rd, '08, 17:06

Thanks for posting these , WB. Very cool! :)

We need something with fennel and lavender... yum!

Jul 15th, '08, 11:08

by elchai » Jul 15th, '08, 11:08

witches brew wrote: Chamomile is sacred to the sun, and connects you with the inner powers of healing and regeneration. It encourages a good night's sleep. Avoid chamomile if you are allergic to ragweed.
:shock: Thank you for that! I am allergic to ragweed and was about to try some of these herbals. I have often wondered if it was something I should be concerned about. This will definitely help!

+ Post Reply