Sunbeam vs. Adagio?

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Sunbeam vs. Adagio?

Postby freaknyea » Dec 18th, '05, 17:38

I am looking at getting a hot tea maker for my future wife and I did not know what would be best... The Sunbeam Tea Drop or the TriniTEA... Please let me know what you think... Also any other recommendations... Thank You
freaknyea

Postby jzero » Dec 19th, '05, 14:08

I haven't seen the Sunbeam device up until now. It looks to be much more compact than the TriniTEA and it could also be much cheaper (OOS at Wal-Mart, but the price is under $30).
jzero

Postby LavenderPekoe » Dec 19th, '05, 14:33

I wish I could find out more about the SunBeam. It looks pretty nice, but I can't see too much about it.
LavenderPekoe

Postby jogrebe » Dec 19th, '05, 14:57

In the cleanin out the funk thread a few months ago teaspoon said that she uses one.

teaspoon wrote:Ooh, a Hot Shot is the greatest invention ever. It's a little water heater, big enough to boil 2 cups of water, and then it dispenses out the bottom. They're made by Sunbeam. The only problem is, it's too short for my IngenuiTEA to fit under, and now that I just got my PersonaliTEA pot, the teapot is too wide to catch the water from the spout (it butts up against the back of the thingie). Alas. I need to find a funnel or some such.

~teaspoon
jogrebe

Sunbeam vs Adagio

Postby Lana Y » Dec 19th, '05, 15:38

From what I can tell, they really aren't even comparible.
the Trinitea is a 3 compartment devise,,,and is automatic
the sunbean you would have to take the infuser out...
My vote goes with Trinitea, hands down. I love mine.
Lana Y

Postby LavenderPekoe » Dec 19th, '05, 16:09

jogrebe wrote:In the cleanin out the funk thread a few months ago teaspoon said that she uses one.

teaspoon wrote:Ooh, a Hot Shot is the greatest invention ever. ...

The hotShot is not that same thing as the TeaDrop. The hotShot does nothing but boil water.
LavenderPekoe

along...

Postby freaknyea » Dec 19th, '05, 22:26

I saw a Sunbeam Tea Drop at Kohl's... They are much cheaper and I am wondering if the quality would be the same... That is where really my question is.
freaknyea

Re: along...

Postby jogrebe » Dec 19th, '05, 22:43

freaknyea wrote:I saw a Sunbeam Tea Drop at Kohl's... They are much cheaper and I am wondering if the quality would be the same... That is where really my question is.

If its the same Sunbeam brand Tea Drop the quality should not be any different regardless of how much it is at the store you buy it from.
jogrebe

Postby Tadiera » Dec 20th, '05, 10:59

jogrebe wrote:
freaknyea wrote:I saw a Sunbeam Tea Drop at Kohl's... They are much cheaper and I am wondering if the quality would be the same... That is where really my question is.

If its the same Sunbeam brand Tea Drop the quality should not be any different regardless of how much it is at the store you buy it from.

I think 'freaknyea' is asking about the quality compared to the Trinitea.

Unfortunately, not having ever used either, I couldn't even begin to say.
Tadiera

Postby jzero » Dec 20th, '05, 13:04

Tadiera wrote:I think 'freaknyea' is asking about the quality compared to the Trinitea.

Unfortunately, not having ever used either, I couldn't even begin to say.

I think that's what is being asked as well.
And I'll be perfectly honest, these machines are not technological marvels...heating element boils water, dispenses into brewing chamber, when the timer expires, dispenses into carafe.

Assuming the timer is accurate, I can't really think of any other factors...

I guess one thing to look for is:
Does the Tea Drop actually have 3 stages, or does the water boil in the infusing chamber with the leaves? That would be a tic against it, although is that enough to outweigh the cost and space savings? Probably not...
jzero

Postby RedBus » Dec 20th, '05, 13:45

Availability: This item will be released on February 15, 2006

Something to think about, myself I couldn't wait that long to enjoy my tea :D
RedBus

Postby Tadiera » Dec 20th, '05, 14:24

RedBus wrote:Availability: This item will be released on February 15, 2006

Something to think about, myself I couldn't wait that long to enjoy my tea :D

That's for the black model. There's a white model already released.
Tadiera

Re: Sunbeam vs. Adagio?

Postby Ric » Dec 20th, '05, 20:33

freaknyea wrote:I am looking at getting a hot tea maker for my future wife and I did not know what would be best... The Sunbeam Tea Drop or the TriniTEA... Please let me know what you think... Also any other recommendations... Thank You

I just googled it and checked it out ( http://www.sunbeam.com/hottea.aspx ), and it just looks like an overdone "Mr. Coffee" coffee maker with the word "tea drop" written on it.

It did say that is has variable steeping times, but it did not say that it could vary the water temp. which is very important to a serious tea drinker. Black teas are steeped at 212 and green and white teas are steeped at 180.

I use an eletric tea kettle to heat my water to the right temp., then I use my ingenuiTEA to steep my teas.
Last edited by Ric on Dec 21st, '05, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Ric

Postby chris » Dec 21st, '05, 10:17

Actually, both TeaDrop color models are already available. We tried 'em out, and have no fear of this competition. While it is against my policy to publicly badmouth other companies, let's just say the TeaDrop misses some of the fundamentals of the teamaking process and is not nearly as variable as it seems.

If you're not really looking for quality, just a quick cup, go with the TeaDrop because of the price. If you want to do your tea leaves justice, spend a little more and prepare them in the triniTEA.

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
chris

Postby Kreft » Jan 5th, '06, 10:02

My roomate picked up a sunbeam yesterday. I would have to say even on the strongest setting the tea isnt that fully flavored. This is likely due to the fact that it takes less time from start to finish (cold water to hot tea) than steeping takes on its own. It seems to steam on the leaves then the steam condenses and drips into the pot, not much steeping at all. The flavor is good and the speed is great but i dont think you are getting everything out of your loose tea. And cleanup is not nearly as easy as the ingenuiTea..
Kreft

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions