JASMINE TEA, WOW WONDERFUL TEA!!!

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Aug 9th, '05, 14:17

by teaspoon » Aug 9th, '05, 14:17

Mmm yes jasmine tea is a glorious thing. At the shop where I work, we've got one that's tied into little butterflies... the taste is exquisite and it looks beautiful. People tend to balk at the price tho... it's our most expensive tea...

BTW I think the teapot you're talking about is the IngenuiTEA. Greatest invention ever.

~teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Sep 1st, '05, 03:24

Re: JASMINE TEA, WOW WONDERFUL TEA!!!

by Tea Freak » Sep 1st, '05, 03:24

WOW!!!! i love jasmine tea too. Yay!!! most of my friends hate green teas but i love tham. (i'm 15 by the way). YAY JASMINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 19th, '05, 23:02

by Kelly » Dec 19th, '05, 23:02

I love jasmine tea so much I want to call my daughter Jasmine (if I have one, of course! :D )

Jan 11th, '06, 03:21

by Nina » Jan 11th, '06, 03:21

Ahh, jasmine tea. It's been my weekend luxury for years. I buy a small supply of Rishi Organic Jasmine Pearls, which I find to be the most fragrant and tastful of jasmine teas. Very expensive, but our local tea shop sells them in reasonable packages. I add a few pearls to the pot to enhance the experience. Oh, my.

I also add slippers, the newspaper or mystery book and, getting harder to find... a jasmine candle! At times, my sister comes over from next door with her teapot, too. (Yes, obviously my kids are grown and gone. Life is good.)

PS - Daughter showed me this site. Knew I'd like it, which I do. Thanks.

Jan 11th, '06, 14:35

jasmine tea

by ladygrey » Jan 11th, '06, 14:35

I always say that I feel like a fairy whenever I drink Jasmine tea... It's so fanciful-- definitely a pinky out while drinking kind of tea.
I'm not like a huge Twinings fan.. just thought the name "Lady Grey" was cute. I wish I could take it back--

Jan 14th, '06, 17:49

by garden gal » Jan 14th, '06, 17:49

OK, so I had no idea what those little balls were going to do- just watching it unfurl was half the fun. It is delicious and the leaves are getting kept to make soap with. I was thinking I could do that with all the tea leaves.

Feb 15th, '06, 19:45

by Cyphre » Feb 15th, '06, 19:45

Every tried Dragon Phoenix Pearl Jasmine? That is my favorate so far. I tried Yin Hao too but even though it's supposed to be one of the best I found the first cup to taste kind of dirty. Plus there seemed to be a lot more caffiene in it because i was bouncing off the walls after drinking it.

Anyone tried those or have any other recommendations? My girlfriend is a huge fan of Jasmines. It's the only green tea she will drink.

Sep 2nd, '06, 15:17
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Sep 2nd, '06, 15:17

In my recent order I received a bag of Jasmine Green Tea. I brewed it up according to the directions I saw on Adagio's site but was unable to drink it.

The aroma from the cup gave me a blinding headache that actually lasted until the following afternoon.

I haven't had other jasmine teas so I don't know if this was an exception or if the scent is generally strong. People keep talking about how much they love jasmine but I'm afraid to try any now.

Has anyone else had similar reactions to either jasmine or another scent/flavoring?

Sep 3rd, '06, 22:00

by LavenderPekoe » Sep 3rd, '06, 22:00

I dislike Jasmin a lot. I don't know why anyone would want to drink it, personally, but some people really like it. Just know that you are not alone. :lol:
Teas for trade:

Oct 18th, '06, 09:53

by runrabbit » Oct 18th, '06, 09:53

I find drinking Jasmine can either give me a headache or a funny pain in my stomach. An accupuncturist told me not to drink the tea (or any other green tea) right away. In TCM, I was taking something 'cold' into an already 'cold' body. In Spring, I really watch how much green I drink but only start to really drink it in late May/June.
Have you ever tried Jasmine and Rose together? Quite nice.

Oct 18th, '06, 16:23

by Amanda » Oct 18th, '06, 16:23

Although Jasmine Pearl teas are by far my favorite, I have had the headache reaction at times, but I have always attributed it to my occasional caffeine sensitivity. Never gave much thought to it being the jasmine itself...

I enjoy it most after a second infusion. I also find that only a few pearls are necessary to get the light floral flavor I love. Keeping the temperature of the water low (aprox. 175 deg.) also helps.

My giant tin at home is calling...

-Amanda
-Amanda

Oct 20th, '06, 23:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 20th, '06, 23:29

runrabbit wrote:I find drinking Jasmine can either give me a headache or a funny pain in my stomach.
...interesting...I too noticed stomach pain when drinking jasmine tea...but not every time. I will have to pay more attention. But I drink green tea constantly w/out any such pain.

I really like jasmine pearls the most, so sweet and mellow. Some jasmines can be more than a little rough due to the tea base, but the pearls are so smooth.

I really enjoy jasmine on special quiet moments, usually by myself, that way I can just relax, focus on the tea, and the little things going on around me, like a hummingbird at my feeder...that is always better with jasmine tea.

Oct 26th, '06, 11:03

by Madam Potts » Oct 26th, '06, 11:03

I discovered that I liked jasmine this past year. It is a delicate tea. 9 times out of 10 people have tried an "oversteeped" jasmine. But when done correctly it is a soft, gently soothing floral green....

I have liked using jasmine as a base for blended teas as well. I like the challenge of using a delicate tea and the aromatic and floral elements beckon one to experiment with it!

Madam Potts
www.madpotsoftea.com
Madam Potts

Custom Tea Blends and other Mad Ideas...
www.madpotsoftea.com

+ Post Reply