Wednesday, 7/02/08 TeaDay All time favorite tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

OK, your favorite OF ALL TIME NOW, what is your all time favorite tea?

Black
24%
(oolong)
33%
Green
30%
White
2%
Yellow
No votes
Pu-erh
8%
Rooibos
No votes
Herbal
3%
Yerbe Mate
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 63

Jul 2nd, '08, 03:38
Scrolling: scrolling

Wednesday, 7/02/08 TeaDay All time favorite tea?

by Chip » Jul 2nd, '08, 03:38

Yesterday...Oolong by a narrowing margin was the top pick of TeaChatters for their favorite tea of the first half of 2008. You can still vote and discuss this topic. This poll is not over...it is really close!

Welcome TeaFriends to TeaDay. Let's brew and share what is in our cups today...all day.

Today...will oolong pull off the hat trick, trifecta, triple play by sweeping all 3 polls over the last 3 days? Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic goes to the limit of what is your favorite tea of alllll time? Details, details, details, please!

I am looking forward to seeing everyone here on TeaDay. Bottoms up, refill, repeat often...
Last edited by Chip on Oct 17th, '08, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 2nd, '08, 03:53

Sri Lanka: Pettiagalla Estate

by Salsero » Jul 2nd, '08, 03:53

Another surprisingly good, dark Ceylon, this one from the Pettiagalla Estate, brewed in a competition style tasting set. So much tea, so little time.

Let’s hope Augie is getting re-caffeinated today. That was a hair-raising kidnapping episode. Reminds me of Patty Hearst and the Symbionese Liberation Front.

And then there was me being almost drowned in a bathtub-sized teacup, the mystery of the Sencha Snowshoe, Russian_Soul’s husband getting the giggles, and Chamekke turning Japanese … What hair raising adventures await in this newly dawning tea day? I shudder to think!

... but we can be pretty sure it will involve

Jul 2nd, '08, 04:27

by bi lew chun » Jul 2nd, '08, 04:27

Boy, you are really trying, aren't you. ;)

I voted oolong... muahaha.

Jul 2nd, '08, 04:49

by omegapd » Jul 2nd, '08, 04:49

I'm sure this surprises no one...

It's my favorite because it's easy to get. I've had better teas over the years but they're either hard to find afterwards or the second time wasn't the charm. Even though Red Rose isn't the greatest quality tea in the world, it's always the same year after year and I'd be lost without it now...

Enjoyed about a cup of Wagh Bakri Assam CTC this morning before the 16 oz. travel mug tipped over and drenched the passenger seat of my car. Yup, gonna be a great day. :(

EW

Jul 2nd, '08, 05:44

by olivierco » Jul 2nd, '08, 05:44

Green of course.
Difficult to chose only one tea. Uji Gyokuro Kame-Giru-Shi if I had to name only one, because it tastes just as I like a tea to taste.

Yunnan Golden tips this morning and houjicha karigane with my lunch.

Jul 2nd, '08, 06:34

by Victoria » Jul 2nd, '08, 06:34

Oolong of course!

My current favorites are AliShan Traditional from Floating Leaves Tea, TGY Long Juan from Jing Tea and surprisingly AliShan from Tao of Tea. All green oolongs.

When it comes to dark - it's all about the De Ya Wuyi from TeaCuppa.

Everyday affordable teas - Adagio TKY, #18 and Pouchong.

Jul 2nd, '08, 07:59

by Sam. » Jul 2nd, '08, 07:59

I said green (of the Japanese variety), but that was a hard decision as I like a lot of oolongs and blacks as well!

Jul 2nd, '08, 08:33

by Aphroditea » Jul 2nd, '08, 08:33

A year AGO I would have voted for the black teas....but I have moved past that now. I have discovered amazing green teas (now that I know better how to prepare them), I have discovered puerh and now fallen into the rabbit hole of Oolongs.

I really SHOULD vote green as it has been the majority of my tea the past year, but I am ret-conning and voting oolong. One, I like the tea - it is versatile and surprising and fresh and two - I want to see the oolongians get their day!!!

In my cup: TKY!

Jul 2nd, '08, 09:14

by henley » Jul 2nd, '08, 09:14

Aphroditea wrote: I want to see the oolongians get their day!!!
Yeah, this place has been GREEN for long enough. Time for a change! :lol:
Aphroditea wrote:A year AGO I would have voted for the black teas....
Same here! I still like some of my blacks but found the dark oolongs (especially Adagio's #8 & #40) gave me the same qualities I like about black tea but w/o the bitterness. And after recently trying some of the lighter oolongs (Pouchong!), I'm hooked. I like the versatility that comes w/oolong.

Sal, Beautiful lilies!!! Some more of my asiatic lilies are starting to bloom & have more to come in the next weeks.

In the pot/cup is Oolong #40! Have a great day!

Jul 2nd, '08, 09:39

by Victoria » Jul 2nd, '08, 09:39

Aphroditea wrote:A year AGO I would have voted for the black teas....but I have moved past that now. I have discovered amazing green teas (now that I know better how to prepare them), I have discovered puerh and now fallen into the rabbit hole of Oolongs.

I really SHOULD vote green as it has been the majority of my tea the past year, but I am ret-conning and voting oolong. One, I like the tea - it is versatile and surprising and fresh and two - I want to see the oolongians get their day!!!

In my cup: TKY!
Yay Aphro! I hope when the Oolong Box Pass gets to you, you will discover even
more oolongs to love!

A year ago I would have voted oolong. LOL

But in my cup this morning - a black - A lovely Nilgiri to start the day.

Beautiful pics Sal & Henley!
Last edited by Victoria on Jul 2nd, '08, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 2nd, '08, 09:42

by auggy » Jul 2nd, '08, 09:42

Honestly, I voted oolong. I'm hoping to see Chip's head explode. :lol:

Earl Gray this morning. And what a morning it has been. Dropped my engagement ring under my car seat while putting on lotion and had to spend 10 minutes when I got to work digging it out, the phones are work are still dead but they've been forwarded to the senior pastor's cell phone which is, oh wait, dead as well. I have lots of bills and misc. updating of the webpage and directory to do but all I want to do is go home and sleep since my sleep was interrupted by horrible dreams of being a witness to a murder then kidnapped by said murderer as he disposed of the somehow frozen body of his victim. Yeah, it was a weird night.

Jul 2nd, '08, 09:49

by joelbct » Jul 2nd, '08, 09:49

Tough call between Black and Green. It's really a tie for me.

<--- Horai no Mukashi Ippodo Matcha for Joel this morning. Now off to work!

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:01

by Beanbean » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:01

Indian and Sri Lankan black teas: Darjeelings, Assams and Ceylons. For me, these are the ultimate comfort. Heaven in a cup.

Patiently awaiting for my first cup of Assam.

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:06

by Riene » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:06

Black, black, black. I love my morning hot tea, sweet bliss of heat and caffeine, clearning the cobwebs from the little cloudy synapses in my brain.

Yorkshire tea this morning, in the plain white cup.

-----------------

You all are just excellent photographers. I love your images--they easily rival the ones in my tea books. I would get out my own camera, but at this point, I would rather enjoy yours.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:07

by reey » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:07

I've been trying white tea and have come to enjoy the white peach and the snowbud in the evenings, but my favorite and standby through the day is still black tea that I lace with fresh mint.

That said, I've just ordered some samples of jasmine oolong and oolong #18, so I might be changing my mind. :wink: