Pu Erh change?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Dec 25th, '05, 00:31

Pu Erh change?

by jogrebe » Dec 25th, '05, 00:31

Is it just me or was there a change in the Pu Erh Dante recently? A different season perhaps? I remembered my first 2 tins of it having a more mellow taste to it but the tea from the pound bulk bag has a much sharper and a bit musty taste and smell to it than the previous batch did not have.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Jan 11th, '06, 16:04

by jogrebe » Jan 11th, '06, 16:04

Update, whatever the “problem” was earlier with my latest batch of Adagio Pu Erh it has since gone away after airing it out a bit by poking a few small holes above the tea level of the pound bulk bag and not sealing the tin that I was refining. Now I am glad to report that my Adagio Pu Erh is mellow instead of musty just like the previous orders.
John Grebe

~C. S. Lewis

Jan 11th, '06, 16:54

by jogrebe » Jan 11th, '06, 16:54

Yes it is good that I was able to air age that batch Pu Erh back into something worth drinking, especially since the whole airing thing was a desperate attempt to age it myself which surprised me with how quickly it worked in a matter of weeks instead of years. Still in the end I think it advanced my Pu Erh experience a bit as before I realized it that it was fixed I picked up numerous Pu Erh teas from other companies in the smallest units that they carried in an attempt to find an alternative source of reasonably priced cooked Pu Erh tea. Now I guess its time to start a Pu Erh tasting journal to start comparing them with each other to figure out which one that I like best given that I currently have 8 different types of Pu Erh laying around. I'll report back later with my findings of how I think Adagio compares to the other brands with Pu Erh tea.
John Grebe

~C. S. Lewis

+ Post Reply