Samples

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Apr 22nd, '08, 17:29

Samples

by Katrina » Apr 22nd, '08, 17:29

Hi all,

I just received my latest order from Adagio. (Hooray!) So quick. Thanks!

I do have a little feedback. Included in my order was a sample of one of the signature blends - Bolero. I read the description and stopped short. My son has a nut allergy so it was really unsettling to have a product with nuts included in my order. Offering samples is great, but I would recommend that you choose teas that don't include the very common allergens of milk, nuts, and peanuts. (I assume there won't be many egg, fish, or soy teas out there...) I would prefer not to have a trip to the ER included in our order!

So now I'm just sad that I missed out on getting to try a free sample. :(

My brother will be happy because he'll likely end up with the Bolero sample.

Thanks for listening!
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Apr 22nd, '08, 17:41

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 22nd, '08, 17:41

Just chiming in to say, "Hey, me too!" My son has a tree nut/peanut allergy, too, and I've just received my second Bolero sample.

I'll also second the thanks on the speedy turnaround time. You guys rock in that area, for sure.

Apr 22nd, '08, 18:26
Adagio

by ilya » Apr 22nd, '08, 18:26

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't even think of allergy issues when we selected to include this tea. We will be switching to another tea shortly and I will make sure the new selection is thought through a bit more.

Apr 22nd, '08, 18:54

by PolyhymnianMuse » Apr 22nd, '08, 18:54

I also got this sample, although I'm not allergic and find it pretty tasty :)

I just wanted to add that I think this is really a great idea to add in samples with orders and it might be nice to eventually be given a couple to choose from. It was a welcome surprise to find a tin of tea in my last order but it might be nice to pick something that you might have been eyeballing or if you alrady recieved more than one of the same sample like a few have mentioned.

Jul 3rd, '08, 20:42

by kymidwife » Jul 3rd, '08, 20:42

I'd like to ressurect this thread for some additional feedback.

First of all, I am absolutely delighted that Adagio sends a sample with orders... its a delightful surprise and a great opportunity to try something new from the company that I might want to order later in larger quantity.

Like others, I would really love it if I had the opportunity to select from a couple of options for my sample... or at least, I'd like it if the person packing my order would take a look at what samples I've already received and send me something different.

I've made 6 orders from Adagio over the past 8 weeks or so (I know, overkill... but lots of sampling going on here, and also some gifts). So far I've received one sample of lemongrass, and 4 samples of Birthday Tea. The 6th order is in transit, and I'm guessing that, like the order I received today, there will be another birthday tea in that one too.

Luckily... I do like Birthday Tea. But, from a business standpoint, you won me over on the first sample of Birthday Tea, and have had 4 missed opportunities to tempt me with something new.

Just trying to offer some constructive feedback... thanks for listening.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 3rd, '08, 21:06

by Riene » Jul 3rd, '08, 21:06

I was quite pleased at the quick turnaround for my order. I placed the order Sunday night late and had the box on my doorstep by Thursday. Your letter with the order is nice--I liked having the teas listed informally, instead of by invoice.

I was really surprised to have a sample tin included! I've read about them here, but still was surprised to find one in with my very first order. I appreciate the notes on brewing time and temp on the labels as well.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jul 3rd, '08, 23:32

by geeber1 » Jul 3rd, '08, 23:32

I got my order yesterday but it didn't have any free samples in it. Maybe because it shipped from the western warehouse?

Also, I've ordered three times from Adagio and have always had the rural surcharge added to my order AND it has come UPS. Maybe I'm just too far from the beaten path. :(

Jul 3rd, '08, 23:47
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 3rd, '08, 23:47

geeber1 wrote:I got my order yesterday but it didn't have any free samples in it. Maybe because it shipped from the western warehouse?

Also, I've ordered three times from Adagio and have always had the rural surcharge added to my order AND it has come UPS. Maybe I'm just too far from the beaten path. :(
Yes that happens on the Western half of the USA, they were not consistantly doing it (samples). Not that they have to, but it's nice. Especially to repeat customers.

Aug 26th, '08, 08:25

by soapy » Aug 26th, '08, 08:25

with my orders I haven't received samples, I had to email and ask? Then with another order the same week I did receive a sample the same Birthday tea they just sent me separately?
So I have to agree with Sarah kymidwife on this..
why send out the same samples more then once and we miss out on trying something new that may make us place another order

and yes alot of people are allergic to nuts and either should be labeled properly or a check box on order when order is placed is you have allergies. or give 2-3 options on samples each month or just eliminate the obvious allergens from samples.

Aug 26th, '08, 15:51

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 26th, '08, 15:51

soapy wrote: and yes alot of people are allergic to nuts and either should be labeled properly or a check box on order when order is placed is you have allergies. or give 2-3 options on samples each month or just eliminate the obvious allergens from samples.
Something along those lines would be perfect. I know when I order from specialteas they give you a list to pick a free sample which seems to be based on what types of teas you were purchasing. Good idea!

+ Post Reply