Tea Timer

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Tea Timer

Postby Teatime » Dec 19th, '05, 15:15

It would be nice if Adagio would offer a digital, battery operated tea timer. You could set it so that it would ring when the steeping time is done.

I know that these are available in many locations but one with an Adagio logo would be nice. :D

Teatime
Teatime

Postby jogrebe » Dec 19th, '05, 18:07

If you are a Palm Pilot user you don't have to buy it, simply download TeaPot for free.
jogrebe

Postby Teatime » Dec 19th, '05, 20:28

I would love to try that but unfortunately my Palm Pilot is for work only purposes. :cry:

But thank you for the info!

Teatime
Teatime

Postby JamesBeach » Dec 26th, '05, 09:44

Teatime wrote:I would love to try that but unfortunately my Palm Pilot is for work only purposes. :cry:

But thank you for the info!

Teatime

Huh? What do you mean? Is there a lock on your PDA or is it some corporate guideline? If it were a guideline and I were in your shoes, hell, I'd do it anyway...

Anyway, I've always used the microwave's kitchen timer to time teas. Of course, they're not always available. But usually...
JamesBeach

Postby Teatime » Dec 27th, '05, 15:24

I finally got the Tea Timer to work on my PC at work! :D I'm going to download it at home tonight on my PC.

Teatime
Teatime

Postby AmethystOceanna » Dec 28th, '05, 15:20

John,

The palm tea timer is great....thanks for posting it.

Amethyst Oceanna
AmethystOceanna

Postby Dronak » Jan 9th, '06, 21:32

There are a few timer programs for the Palm OS. Take a look around and see what else is available. IIRC, the TeaPot program is rather large because of the animations included in the executable. I tend to use TikTok for my timing purposes -- you can define up to 32 timers (4 pages of 8 timers), set for just about any time you want. Put in whatever your favorite tea times are and it's about the same as the TeaPot one, but I'm pretty sure it's smaller. I think that 1TouchTimer is really small, like a few kB, and lets you set whatever time you want (one at a time) with hour, minute, and second bars. Like I said, look around. I find almost all of my Palm programs at http://www.freewarepalm.com/

P.S. -- If having a *tea* timer would look bad at work, try one of these other, more generically named programs. And look for an excuse to time something at work, so you have a reason for putting a timer program on your PDA. ;)
Dronak

Postby Teatime » Jan 10th, '06, 08:56

Thank you for the suggestion, Dronak.

Teatime
Teatime

Postby Parelle » Jan 13th, '06, 14:05

I've a PocketPC though, not a palm!

That said, I would really love a sand-based tea timer - which would have to be preset with 3 different glasses for 3 min, 5 min, and 7 min.

Yes, I'm a nerd.
Parelle

Postby Teatime » Jan 13th, '06, 14:16

I think that a sand based tea timer is a neat idea and a pretty one too.

The problem for me is that I need a ring when the time is up.

Teatime
Teatime

Postby Parelle » Jan 13th, '06, 14:31

Teatime wrote:I think that a sand based tea timer is a neat idea and a pretty one too.

The problem for me is that I need a ring when the time is up.

Teatime

Now that is a very good point.
Parelle

Postby marz910 » Jan 24th, '06, 10:48

In my searching I have come across a sand timer on cooks corner. If anyone wants to see it here's the link.
http://www.cookscorner.net/Tea/TeaAcces ... imers.html
marz910

Postby Teatime » Jan 24th, '06, 11:52

Now that looks so cool! I may just have to order that!!

Thank you for the link!

Teatime
Teatime

sand-based teatimer

Postby Kestrel » Jan 30th, '06, 21:44

This tea timer:
http://www.cookscorner.net/Tea/TeaAcces ... imers.html

posted by marz910 is definately neat, but I think it'd be even better if Adagio offered ones with three different colors of sand (black/red, green, and white) set for 5min, 3min, and 7min, respectively - to match up with the usual brewing times of those kinds of teas.

Also, I would love an Adagio electronic tea timer. I have an electronic timer that I use, but I'd really like to have one from Adagio that's just for tea, so that I can have a timer that people don't lose in the kitchen during the making of dinner.
Kestrel

Instant Messenger

Permissions