Monday, OOLONG BOX PASS DAY, 7/07/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Oolong Box Pass sets sail today across the USA. Where would you like your next oolong to come from?

China
33%
Taiwan
45%
India
No votes
Korea
No votes
Nepal
No votes
Thailand
5%
Other
17%

Total votes: 42

Jul 7th, '08, 03:43
Scrolling: scrolling

Monday, OOLONG BOX PASS DAY, 7/07/08

by Chip » Jul 7th, '08, 03:43

OOLONG BOX PASS DEPARTURE DAY!!!

Victoria officially sets sail the Oolong Box Pass Today. Check out the Oolong Forum for more information on the "Pass" and lots of oolong information. Both Tenuki and Victoria have loaded the box with lots of oolongs to sample as it makes its maiden voyage all across the USA! Follow its journey in the "stickied" Oolong Box Pass topic over this Summer.

Thanx also to Eastree for bringing the Box Pass idea to TeaChat.

Welcome one and all to TeaDay...shall we all brew and share what is in our cups today...all day???

Yesterday, The top vote getter was "caffeine is a nice bonus" when it comes to tea. You can still vote and discuss this topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is about...what else...OOLONG, in honor of the box pass departure. Simply...China or Taiwan or Indian or Korea or Thailand or Nepal or Other oolong...which would you choose for your next oolong...or which would you like to try...you can be general or specific in your response.

I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone today...so, bottoms up, refill, repeat often...

Jul 7th, '08, 03:48

Oolong Box Pass

by Salsero » Jul 7th, '08, 03:48

Yippie! Following in the footsteps of the lovely and talented Tree, the second box of tea has begun its journey! I was amazed at the quantity and quality of the contents that Tenuki displayed, and then Victoria added more! I so look forward to the correspondence of the participants.

No clicking today ... I figured a traditional, slightly roasty Ali Shan (looking for all the world like ale) would be a good glass for toasting the maiden voyage of the SS Oooolong.

Jul 7th, '08, 03:53

by Victoria » Jul 7th, '08, 03:53

Yay!! Oolong Box Pass

I voted Taiwan! Everyone knows - or should know if they have been paying attention - the best green oolongs come from the high mountain areas of Taiwan.

Jul 7th, '08, 05:06

by Terrasi » Jul 7th, '08, 05:06

I hope you guys enjoy your oolong box.

Maybe I'll get in on the excitement next year.

And now I drink my yunnan gold.

Jul 7th, '08, 05:25

by olivierco » Jul 7th, '08, 05:25

I really don't know. I guess Taiwan (or perhaps China). As long as the tea is good.

This morning silver needles and now houjicha with my lunch.

Jul 7th, '08, 08:34

by Riene » Jul 7th, '08, 08:34

'Morning, all! I can't vote in this one, but I hope you all have a blast with the box pass and report all sorts of thoughts on the topic!

Irish breakfast BLACK in my pot this morning!
:)
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jul 7th, '08, 09:18

by omegapd » Jul 7th, '08, 09:18

I chose other, because I'm pretty sure my next Oolong will come from Victoria again. Just about every Oolong I've tried so far has been a gift from her. :lol:

Y'all enjoy the box pass...let me know if any of them tastes like the best black tea you ever had and save me a cup. :wink:

EW

Jul 7th, '08, 09:25

by henley » Jul 7th, '08, 09:25

olivierco wrote:I really don't know. As long as the tea is good.
That's my main criteria, too. Don't care as much where it came from as how it tastes.

Had Organic Monk's Blend w/bfast this morning. This & Assam Melody are two of my favorite unflavored blacks. The day is still young, though. Will work in a nice oolong before it's over! Looking forward to the box traveling today... especially since I'm next after Russian Soul. :D
omegapd wrote:Y'all enjoy the box pass...let me know if any of them tastes like the best black tea you ever had and save me a cup.
Try Adagio's Oolong #8 or #40. Similar to the taste of black but w/o the bitterness.

Jul 7th, '08, 09:36

by kymidwife » Jul 7th, '08, 09:36

I voted "other" because I want/need to try them all! So, I'm supposing my next oolongs will come from the box pass.

So, I was puzzled the other day when I went to Zuki's, a new sushi place close to home. I was about to order some hot green tea, when I saw on the menu something called "Japanese Oolong". I ordered it just so I could see what it was, but alas, they told me they'd run out.

Now I'm puzzling over wondering what it was, where it came from, etc. Maybe it was Taiwanese and misnamed on the menu?

In my cup this morning... first cup was Russian Caravan, absolutely awful and I had to dump it. I got seduced into buying some tea samples from a kitchen store this past weekend, and this was one of those. Just dreadful.

Just finished a hot mug of White Tropica from Adagio... and I enjoyed it more than I expected. I usually don't care much for the pineapple/coconut taste in tea, but it was nice. I have some left, so I may try it iced next.

Upton's vacation is over today~~~~~~ maybe they will ship my order before I leave town on Thursday!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 7th, '08, 09:55

by auggy » Jul 7th, '08, 09:55

kymidwife wrote:Just finished a hot mug of White Tropica from Adagio... and I enjoyed it more than I expected. I usually don't care much for the pineapple/coconut taste in tea, but it was nice. I have some left, so I may try it iced next.
Sarah, I've been debating getting this tea in my next order. I think that just clenched it. Sounds like my kind of tea. :D

I voted Taiwan since it seems my favorite oolongs are from there. Though I'm not adverse to trying some from the other locations mentioned!

Wedding cake tea this morning. I can't decide if today is going to be busy or not. I've got to do a few loads of laundry and vacuum, neither of which should take long. But this afternoon, I get to take two ringwormed kitties to the vet to see how things are going (and my oldest one needs some fluids, I think), and that trip should be adventurous.

YAY for the oolong box pass! I look forward to getting it! But seriously 14lbs? :shock: Can't wait to hear the final weight of it today! :)

Jul 7th, '08, 10:27

by henley » Jul 7th, '08, 10:27

auggy wrote:
kymidwife wrote:Just finished a hot mug of White Tropica from Adagio... and I enjoyed it more than I expected. I usually don't care much for the pineapple/coconut taste in tea, but it was nice. I have some left, so I may try it iced next.
Sarah, I've been debating getting this tea in my next order. I think that just clenched it. Sounds like my kind of tea. :D
The White Tropica surprised me, too. Couldn't imagine tropical flavors in hot tea. :? But I'll be getting some of it next time I order. Got a little bit left that was shared w/me. May try it iced w/lunch today.

Jul 7th, '08, 10:43

by chamekke » Jul 7th, '08, 10:43

Since I'm outside the U.S. and therefore ineligible for a tea pass, I voted "Other".

In my cup... some PG Tips my hubby made for me this morning.

And it's back to work this morning after a blissful week off.

Hey ho!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jul 7th, '08, 11:01

by olivierco » Jul 7th, '08, 11:01

Miyabi sencha right now.

Jul 7th, '08, 11:26

by Victoria » Jul 7th, '08, 11:26

chamekke wrote:Since I'm outside the U.S. and therefore ineligible for a tea pass, I voted "Other".
The poll today was meant for everyone to vote where they would like to try their next
oolong from. Not just box pass recipients!

This morning's brew is the Monkey Picked Oolong from New Century Tea Gallery
and is also one of OVER 30 Oolongs in the:
Oolong Box Pass
Yay!!

Jul 7th, '08, 11:32

by Beanbean » Jul 7th, '08, 11:32

Meh. Make mine black.