What is Honeybush?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Aug 28th, '05, 22:49

What is Honeybush?

by Ric » Aug 28th, '05, 22:49

What is Honeybush?
In God's Grace,
Ric

Aug 28th, '05, 23:00

by PeteVu » Aug 28th, '05, 23:00

honeybush is an african herbal infusion. like roobios, it has no caffine while still providing antioxidants. from what ive heard it has less "bite" than tea, which has more tannis.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Aug 28th, '05, 23:07

by Ric » Aug 28th, '05, 23:07

PeteVu wrote:honeybush is an african herbal infusion. like roobios, it has no caffine while still providing antioxidants. from what ive heard it has less "bite" than tea, which has more tannis.
Okay,

So honeybush is not roobios (which I love to drink), what is the taste of honeybush like? (I know that's like trying to tell someone blind from birth what the color red looks like, but maybe you can compair or something?)
In God's Grace,
Ric

Aug 29th, '05, 09:12

by PeteVu » Aug 29th, '05, 09:12

i have no idea what honeybush tastes like.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Aug 29th, '05, 14:57

by chris » Aug 29th, '05, 14:57

Honeybush tastes similar to Rooibos... a little more earthy and medicinal, though (that's why we don't sell it!).

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Aug 29th, '05, 20:08

by Ric » Aug 29th, '05, 20:08

chris wrote:Honeybush tastes similar to Rooibos... a little more earthy and medicinal, though (that's why we don't sell it!).

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
Thanks Chris!

That's right, you all don't sell honeybush.
In God's Grace,
Ric

Aug 29th, '05, 20:08

by Ric » Aug 29th, '05, 20:08

PeteVu wrote:i have no idea what honeybush tastes like.
Ditto.
In God's Grace,
Ric

Sep 21st, '05, 01:42

by aptivapeople » Sep 21st, '05, 01:42

I hove no idea what you mean by medicinal. The honeybush i have had is most excellent. certainly equal in taste to rooibos(which i love btw). If I had to discribe the taste, i would say that it is a close cousin to rooibos, it shares many of the same notes. It can be brewed at least 5 times (i usually get 7 good pots). While being very similer to rooibos it does have a more complex flaver with more what i would call mild spices/herbal taste (yes it is hard to describe) The smell is really what i like about it though, the fragrance is very unique and apetizing for lack of a better word. Maybe this will help and also show that someone who buys from adagio actually DOES like honeybush and wouldnt mind seeing them get some.

Sep 21st, '05, 20:27

by Ric » Sep 21st, '05, 20:27

aptivapeople wrote:I hove no idea what you mean by medicinal. The honeybush i have had is most excellent. certainly equal in taste to rooibos(which i love btw). If I had to discribe the taste, i would say that it is a close cousin to rooibos, it shares many of the same notes. It can be brewed at least 5 times (i usually get 7 good pots). While being very similer to rooibos it does have a more complex flaver with more what i would call mild spices/herbal taste (yes it is hard to describe) The smell is really what i like about it though, the fragrance is very unique and apetizing for lack of a better word. Maybe this will help and also show that someone who buys from adagio actually DOES like honeybush and wouldnt mind seeing them get some.
Thanks for the 411!

With the way you discribed Honeybush - I will buy some! :!:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Sep 23rd, '05, 00:34

by PeteVu » Sep 23rd, '05, 00:34

its name alone makes me want to try a cup.

Sep 23rd, '05, 20:35

by Ric » Sep 23rd, '05, 20:35

PeteVu wrote:its name alone makes me want to try a cup.
Yeppers, me too. :wink:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Dec 20th, '05, 12:29

by jogrebe » Dec 20th, '05, 12:29

chris wrote:Honeybush tastes similar to Rooibos... a little more earthy and medicinal, though (that's why we don't sell it!).

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Good choice, around a year or so somebody gave me a box of Rooibox Honeybush teabags and they were so bad I gave them away after a few cups.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Dec 20th, '05, 19:18

by Ric » Dec 20th, '05, 19:18

jogrebe wrote:

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Good choice, around a year or so somebody gave me a box of Rooibox Honeybush teabags and they were so bad I gave them away after a few cups.
Well,

I have not tried the honeybush yet, I've been on a white tea kick for the past few months.
In God's Grace,
Ric

Dec 28th, '05, 03:50

by john » Dec 28th, '05, 03:50

I find honeybush to have a natural honey flavor, whereas rooibos has a natural vanilla taste. Honeybush is OK, but I rarely choose it over rooibos.

Dec 29th, '05, 19:10

by Ric » Dec 29th, '05, 19:10

john wrote:I find honeybush to have a natural honey flavor, whereas rooibos has a natural vanilla taste. Honeybush is OK, but I rarely choose it over rooibos.
I do believe I am hearing more cons than pros for honeybush. :)
In God's Grace,
Ric

+ Post Reply