Hello! Just joined...

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jul 10th, '08, 09:40

Hello! Just joined...

by michaelskar » Jul 10th, '08, 09:40

Greetings all...I just stumbled upon this forum and wanted to join and introduce myself.

I am a fairly recent convert to tea (used to be quite the coffee hound). My wife has been trying to convert me for years, and I am happy to say that she has won...to the point where I believe I am quite a bit more fanatical about tea than she has ever been.

Anyway, my preferences right now lie with the oolongs. Of the few that I've tried, I've really enjoyed the darker Wuyi oolongs (formosan) to the greener ones...but I admit I haven't really tried that many (and the ones I've tried may not have been the "best"). I'm still working on my "rustic technique."

Green teas gave me problems for a while (they all came out a bit too vegetal tasting for me)...things have improved since learning to use less tea, let the water cool more, and brew for a shorter time.

Anyway, sorry about the long rambling first post. I'm currently living in Atlanta with my wife and son, but will be moving to Louisiana at the end of this month.

Jul 10th, '08, 10:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 10th, '08, 10:33

Welcome!
Another oolongonian!! Perfect!

Although I prefer green oolongs, there are many very nice wuyi and darker ones I enjoy too. Not sure if I ever met an oolong I truly disliked. (aside from poor quality or bad brewing of course).

I feel the same as you do about greens, they are challenging for me, but slowly I keep trying then as they come along.

Welcome and please check in on TeaDay and tell us just which oolong is in your cup!

Jul 10th, '08, 10:42

by chamekke » Jul 10th, '08, 10:42

Ah, a Dark Oolongian. I have less fondness for the dark oolongs than the greens, myself, but I'm trying to expand my repertoire. So I have much to learn from you!

Thank you for introducing yourself, and please post freely about your tea experiences :)

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jul 11th, '08, 15:10

by olivierco » Jul 11th, '08, 15:10

Welcome!

Jul 11th, '08, 15:16

by Trey Winston » Jul 11th, '08, 15:16

Welcome :D
Trey

Jul 11th, '08, 19:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 11th, '08, 19:18

Welcome to the forum!!! I see you are redeemable and could one day join the green tea collective and be saved from the oolongonians. But you have to want to be saved...no interventions here. :lol:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 11th, '08, 21:21

by Riene » Jul 11th, '08, 21:21

:D Darker oolongs could also lead to a love of black teas, too!

Welcome, michaelskar!
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

+ Post Reply