Plantation Mint

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Plantation Mint

Postby seashell » Dec 31st, '05, 09:13

I would love for Adagio to sell a tea similar to Bigelow's Plantation Mint. Black tea flavored with mint.
seashell

Postby librarianpirate » Jan 3rd, '06, 00:24

I've never had Bigelow's Plantation mint, but have you tried the spearmint tea?

http://www.adagio.com/herbal/spearmint.html?nav=story
librarianpirate

Plantation Mint

Postby seashell » Jan 3rd, '06, 10:38

Adagio's spearmint is an herbal tea. I'm looking for a black tea flavored with mint. I'm surprised Adagio doesn't offer one being as mint is such a popular flavor. Maybe I could try mixing spearmint with Irish Breakfast, but it would be nicer to have a black tea flavored with mint.
seashell

Postby LavenderPekoe » Jan 3rd, '06, 11:26

Cassablanca Twist, although, there won't be any in stock for a while yet, and it is listed under green.
LavenderPekoe

Postby jzero » Jan 3rd, '06, 16:26

LavenderPekoe wrote:Cassablanca Twist, although, there won't be any in stock for a while yet, and it is listed under green.

Casablanca Twist is definitely what you're looking for. The two are very similar, although the Casablanca is a good bit better, IMO.
jzero

Plantation Mint

Postby Guest » Jan 3rd, '06, 18:36

I'm not a big fan of green tea, but I will try the Cassablanca Twist when its back in stock. Thanks for the suggestions!

Re: Plantation Mint

Postby LavenderPekoe » Jan 4th, '06, 09:20

Anonymous wrote:I'm not a big fan of green tea, but I will try the Cassablanca Twist when its back in stock. Thanks for the suggestions!

CT isn't actually green tea. It is made with Darjeeling which is actually a light black tea.
Last edited by LavenderPekoe on Jan 11th, '06, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
LavenderPekoe

Re: Plantation Mint

Postby jogrebe » Jan 10th, '06, 23:03

seashell wrote:Adagio's spearmint is an herbal tea. I'm looking for a black tea flavored with mint. I'm surprised Adagio doesn't offer one being as mint is such a popular flavor. Maybe I could try mixing spearmint with Irish Breakfast, but it would be nicer to have a black tea flavored with mint.

That is the wonder of loose tea you can make what you want. Just mix a teaspoon of spearmint leaves with a teaspoon of a black tea that you enjoy in your infuser and brew up a cup of spearmint black tea the way you like it.
jogrebe

Instant Messenger

Permissions