Jan 2nd, '06, 20:46

ingenuiTEA filter is loose

by ratpfink » Jan 2nd, '06, 20:46

I just received one of the new ingenuiTEAs with the removable mesh filter. The problem I seem to be having is that since it's removable, it likes to remove itself when I pour water in if I don't pour very carefully. Sometimes it just floats up on it's own no matter how careful I pour. Is anyone else having this problem? Other than that, I love it!

Jan 3rd, '06, 17:02

by SoldierPrime » Jan 3rd, '06, 17:02

I've got the same problem with mine, and was jsut looking for a solution. I just recieved mine the other week, it had been ok till i had the filter out. Usually i can get it to stay down long enough so that it will heat up and expand in the microwave but before that putting water and such into it is a pain.

Jan 4th, '06, 07:44

by Teatime » Jan 4th, '06, 07:44

Sometimes it's best to stick with the original. Hopefully the original ingenuiTEA will return.

Teatime

Jan 4th, '06, 15:37

by Kreft » Jan 4th, '06, 15:37

Mine as well, infact my wife punctured a hole in my filter while trying to push it into place. Any way of getting a replacement?

Jan 4th, '06, 15:50

by Marlene » Jan 4th, '06, 15:50

oooooh, bummer about the loose screen and the broken one.
Loose screen guy, I know you've probobly tried this, but I'm going to suggest it anyway. That's just the kind of person I am:)
Did you try pushing the screen down (by the post, not the mesh a la broken screen guy's wife) till you hear a small pop? There's a small ridge that the screen is supposed to fit under.
Broken screen guy, did you e-mail adagio or use the chat with an customer service person option on the main page? I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to get you a new one.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jan 4th, '06, 16:47

by Kreft » Jan 4th, '06, 16:47

I will give that a shot. Mine and a freind of mines filter is really loose until it has hot fluid in it...

Jan 4th, '06, 17:13

by Guest » Jan 4th, '06, 17:13

Amazing support, they got me setup, the live chat was very useful.

Another amazing attribute to adagio.com

Jan 6th, '06, 22:31

by ratpfink » Jan 6th, '06, 22:31

Marlene wrote:oooooh, bummer about the loose screen and the broken one.
Loose screen guy, I know you've probobly tried this, but I'm going to suggest it anyway. That's just the kind of person I am:)
Did you try pushing the screen down (by the post, not the mesh a la broken screen guy's wife) till you hear a small pop? There's a small ridge that the screen is supposed to fit under.
Yeah, it's pushed down all the way but there is no pop. The problem is because I'm using water from a Brita pitcher that sits in the fridge, the cold water hits it and it must contract just enough. It's fairly tight once the water is heated up. Maybe I'll just leave the Brita pitcher out of the fridge, I think that would be enough.

Jan 7th, '06, 13:25

by Marlene » Jan 7th, '06, 13:25

you could always try keeping your ingenuitea in the fridge too.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jan 8th, '06, 00:56

by Angi » Jan 8th, '06, 00:56

I received mine today. It wasn't loose at all. In fact, I sent an email asking how to get it off before I figured it out. I was affraid I would break it. But it didn't, and I figured that out about 10 minutes after I emailed them. I love it.

Angi

Jan 8th, '06, 13:00

by Al » Jan 8th, '06, 13:00

I have the same problem, but I usually run some boiling water through to warm the pot first, and the filter sticks in just fine after that. If I boil the water in the Ingenuitea itself, running some hot tap water through it first also seems to help.

Jan 8th, '06, 17:30

by Dani » Jan 8th, '06, 17:30

Hmmm, interesting - I have two of the old ones that I use the heck out of, and as of yet I'm not having trouble keeping them clean. I'm on the fence about getting a new one - however, that's money that could otherwise go to buying tea!

Jan 10th, '06, 11:32

by Kreft » Jan 10th, '06, 11:32

Angi wrote:I received mine today. It wasn't loose at all. In fact, I sent an email asking how to get it off before I figured it out. I was affraid I would break it. But it didn't, and I figured that out about 10 minutes after I emailed them. I love it.

Angi
The replacement seemed tight like this that they sent me as well... I thought hey they fixed it! But unfortunately after a few uses it is just as prone to floating out even with room temp water. Big bummer. I think I am going to do a wrap of teflon tape to really lock it in there...

Jan 6th, '11, 10:18

Re: ingenuiTEA filter is loose

by febs » Jan 6th, '11, 10:18

I am sorry for resuming such an OLD topic, but I was thinking about wrapping teflon tape around my Ingenuitea filter too, and searching the forum let me know that somebody else tried it before.
I have some concerns about it; so I would love to learn from you ratpfink if and how it worked for you.
Did it kept the filter tight in place?
Most important, did you noticed any change in tea taste? Did the tape meld or wore off after some time?

Thanks so so so much!

+ Post Reply