Fanatical Sunday and TeaDay 7/13/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

TeaPots, are you fanatical about matching your teapot to each tea?

Definitely fanatical!!! I match each tea to a most appropriate teapot
7%
Pretty fanatical, matching teapots to most teas
17%
I guess so, I do frequently match a particular teapot to a tea
19%
No, don't think so, I try not to fuss about it
33%
Your kidding me right, NOOOOOOOOOO, let's not complicate this
24%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 42

Jul 13th, '08, 05:00
Scrolling: scrolling

Fanatical Sunday and TeaDay 7/13/08

by Chip » Jul 13th, '08, 05:00

Fanatical TeaWare Poll tomorrow!!! Be sure to vote. For more info, please see the topic at the top of the TeaDay page!!!

The vast majority of TeaChatters voted that they were fanatical about TIMING their brews. You can still vote and discuss this topic.

Welcome everyone to Fanatical Sunday on TeaDay. Let's brew and share what is in our cups today, all day!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic...TeaPots...FTW! Russian Soul suggested this some time ago! Are you fanatical about matching your teapot to each tea? Or are you not concerned about this? Or somewhere in between?

I am surely looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone. Bottoms up, refill, REPEAT often...

Jul 13th, '08, 05:06

Kenya, the Millma Estate

by Salsero » Jul 13th, '08, 05:06

The tea is from Kenya. The bust from Tanzania. It has been said that the bust is actually Ronald Reagan, but I have my doubts.

Jul 13th, '08, 05:08

by Chip » Jul 13th, '08, 05:08

Side poll...is it Ronald, yes or no? I say YES...even the hair is Ronald Reagan, jet black, and of course never dyed.

Jul 13th, '08, 05:36

by Trey Winston » Jul 13th, '08, 05:36

I'm not that into teaware (yet), and the nature of the pot is of little importance to me. Although I do feel that white tea goes great with glass pots.

Perpetual grin, nineteen fifties hair (undyed, of course), vacant eyes: The bust is obviously Reagan.

Jul 13th, '08, 05:53

by omegapd » Jul 13th, '08, 05:53

I don't match individual teas to certain pots, but do have three Yixing pots and one is used for Blacks, one for Oolongs and one for Lapsang Souchong. I have a porcelain pot that brews everything I have, though, and that is the one used the most...

Going against the norm here today at work. Have some Ito-en teabags with Sencha/Matcha. Not a favorite, but not bad either.

EW

Jul 13th, '08, 06:43

by chrl42 » Jul 13th, '08, 06:43

Yes....

Here are what I use for.

Thinned made Si Ting Hu - Gao Shan Oolongs
Li Xing Hu - Da Hong Pao and Lao Cong Shui Xian
Thinned made Li Xing - other Wuyi teas.
Another Zhuni Hu - Tie Guan Yin and Dong Ding.
Small Zhuni Hu - for exhibition.

None Zhuni Hu
Mei Ren Jin Hu - Hong Cha
Hong Ni Xi Shi Hu - Feng Huang Dan Cong
Fang Gu Hu - Shu Puerh
Duanni Hu - yet decided.

Jul 13th, '08, 07:08

by olivierco » Jul 13th, '08, 07:08

Pretty fanatical, matching teapots to most teas

I use different teapots for each type of japanese greens (gyokuro, houjicha, sencha and of course matcha)
I use the same porcelain kyuusu for darjeelings, chinese black and silver needles.
Gaiwan for oolongs (I also have a zisha for oolongs which I haven't used for a long time.)

This morning Darjeeling Puttabong SFTGFOP1 with my breakfast and Kaboku sencha (Ippodo)

Jul 13th, '08, 09:41

by Aphroditea » Jul 13th, '08, 09:41

I am not much fanatical yet....but this probably has to do with lack of funds to have enough pots!! :)

My ceramic pot is for my blacks and anything I am not going to gongfu. Right now my gongfu set up is in a state of flux as I want to make my current yixing solely for pu and get another solely for oolong...I may even get two new ones for medium/dark oolongs and green oolongs :)

Maybe one for whites....heh!

In my cup(s) today: Teance Old Grove Water Oolong (gongfu style!)

Jul 13th, '08, 09:47

by kymidwife » Jul 13th, '08, 09:47

Chip wrote:Side poll...is it Ronald, yes or no? I say YES...even the hair is Ronald Reagan, jet black, and of course never dyed.
I think the features are far too rugged and macho to be Reagan. Looks more like Barbara Bush to me. Imagine white hair...

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 13th, '08, 10:00

Re: Kenya, the Millma Estate

by augie » Jul 13th, '08, 10:00

Salsero wrote:The tea is from Kenya. The bust from Tanzania. It has been said that the bust is actually Ronald Reagan, but I have my doubts.
I can see it in the eyes and hair, maybe a love child of Ron's? You collect Ronald Regan memorabilia??? Reminds me of Max Hedroom (or Ron Headrest).

I made a new friend on my walk this morning. Blossom (my dog) didn't even notice it!
We had a little rain overnight and he was probalby flooded out of his burrow and catching some morning sunlight. I don't think he was a snapper, no beak. However I still didn't want to touch him; although I got within 2 ft for a short conversation.

TEAPOTS: I'm still looking for the right Yixing. I have a porcelan pot and my 2 plastic adagio IngenuiTea. I also have a ceramic cup,lid, infuser set I got from Whole Foods that is my favorite at work right now. I can only use for Oolongs and large leaf teas. Not fanatical much. Water is my issue.

Jul 13th, '08, 10:37

Re: Kenya, the Millma Estate

by auggy » Jul 13th, '08, 10:37

augie wrote:I made a new friend on my walk this morning. Blossom (my dog) didn't even notice it!
Augie, that turtle looks huge! (Well, for a turtle).

Not fanatical about my teapots. I don't have enough to be.

As for the side poll, at first glance I said a big ole "YES". But the more I look at it, the less it looks like him. I think it is like when you repeat a word over and over and over again until it loses meaning - but in this case it happens in about 2 glances.

Kitty is doing not so great this morning. I'm thinking Monday when the vet opens up, hubby and I will have a hard decision to make. But she still starts purring her hugely loud purr when I pet her, so at least she knows she is loved. I think it'll be a good day to meet Sarah - give me something fun to do!

Jul 13th, '08, 10:56

by Jack_teachat » Jul 13th, '08, 10:56

Nope, all my japanese greens go in my Kyusu, although I do have a pot for iced tea... I am currently on a train accessing tea chat via my mobile phone (not even an iphone or anything fancy!) Travelling back to my mums house with my wife as we are going away on the Norfolk Broads next week... In my suitcase is pretty much my entire teaware collection, including my brita filter and tray. I also have with me plenty of Fukamushi supreme and gyokuro kame giru-shi. Have a great day everyone!
:D

Jul 13th, '08, 10:57

by Ti » Jul 13th, '08, 10:57

One of teas days I'm going to get a porcelain tea pot. I can brew anything in that.

I'm drinking a cup of hot water pretending it's silver needle.

Jul 13th, '08, 11:11

by Carnelian » Jul 13th, '08, 11:11

Since I've yet to invest in anything with absorbing qualities I'm not overlypicky about what brews in what. I do have general preferences though; greens and oolongs in a gaiwan, blacks for hot drinking in an english-style pot, and blacks for iced in an ingenuiTEA.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jul 13th, '08, 11:23

by Jack_teachat » Jul 13th, '08, 11:23

I'm so sorry about the multiple posts. Stupid phone! Please could the mods delete all but one of them.