Crazy Question

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jan 5th, '06, 11:14

Crazy Question

by Kreft » Jan 5th, '06, 11:14

Ok, This morning when I woke up I had 3 days worth of facial hair growth. This strikes me as quite unusual as i have always had very predictable stuble growth. The only thing I can think of is that i have had 3 new teas in the last 36 hours.

Tue night i had my first rooibos (cinnimon apple), Yesterday I had 4 cups of caramel black, and 2 cups of yunnan gold. Just wondering if this phenomena could be in any way attributed to any of these products. And if so should I be concerned.

Jan 5th, '06, 12:23
Adagio

by ilya » Jan 5th, '06, 12:23

Kreft,

Not sure how this happened, but you may have received a sample of our "Teen Wolf" tea. I know our R&D department has been experimenting with an entire line of '80s themed teas. The next few days will be troubling for you as you come to grips with the changes your body is going through. Later, you will discover that there are a few advantages to your newfound powers. Your friends will think you're cool, and attractive woman will swoon. In short, you will experience tons of hijinx. However, you will soon experience a backlash, and learn the lesson that what you were looking for has always been right under your nose. Later, you will be replaced by Jason Bateman.

Jan 5th, '06, 12:31

by klemptor » Jan 5th, '06, 12:31

ilya wrote:Kreft,

Not sure how this happened, but you may have received a sample of our "Teen Wolf" tea. I know our R&D department has been experimenting with an entire line of '80s themed teas. The next few days will be troubling for you as you come to grips with the changes your body is going through. Later, you will discover that there are a few advantages to your newfound powers. Your friends will think you're cool, and attractive woman will swoon. In short, you will experience tons of hijinx. However, you will soon experience a backlash, and learn the lesson that what you were looking for has always been right under your nose. Later, you will be replaced by Jason Bateman.
Oh, please PLEASE tell me there's a Kevin-Bacon-in-Footloose tea! Because I. Would. DIE! (I especially like when he drop-kicks the bully at the end of the movie with a super-suave dance move. And how Sarah Jessica Parker was the slutty girl's ugly friend. That was pretty cool too.)
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Jan 5th, '06, 13:00

by Kreft » Jan 5th, '06, 13:00

ilya wrote:Kreft,

I think you may have figured it out, the fresh growth was also darker than normal...

Jan 5th, '06, 13:05

by LavenderPekoe » Jan 5th, '06, 13:05

Ooo Ooo, I want the "Breakfast Club" tea. The one that will allow me to break glass just by screaming at it after I drink it.
Teas for trade:

Jan 6th, '06, 03:44

80's Teas

by ladygrey » Jan 6th, '06, 03:44

How could I not enquire about "The Terminator" tea? I'd buy a whole case of the tea just for Arnold Schwarzenegger's accent alone. That whole saving the world thing would be pretty cool too though.
Heck! Why we're at it, send me a "Twins" tea as well.
I'm not like a huge Twinings fan.. just thought the name "Lady Grey" was cute. I wish I could take it back--

Jan 6th, '06, 09:31

by klemptor » Jan 6th, '06, 09:31

Now I'm picturing the practically perfect Mary Poppins walking around with Ahh-nold's accent and those freaky incandescent eyes from the end of the first Terminator.

Jan 6th, '06, 17:05

by Kreft » Jan 6th, '06, 17:05

For those who might be concerned. Growth was back to normal. Hopefully that was not a sign that the end is nigh.
Last edited by Kreft on Jan 9th, '06, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.

Jan 6th, '06, 17:21

by teaspoon » Jan 6th, '06, 17:21

Glad to know you're ok Kreft.

Meanwhile, I'm eagerly awaiting an Outsiders tea, so I can conjure up a young Rob Lowe for my lonely best friend.

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jan 6th, '06, 17:32

by librarianpirate » Jan 6th, '06, 17:32

My husband is on the other side of the room demanding a Ghostbusters or a Back to the Future tea.

I used to be obsessed with Slimer's Hi-C drink when I was 8 or 9 ... but I'm not so sure that would be any good for tea.

Jan 8th, '06, 09:31

by klemptor » Jan 8th, '06, 09:31

librarianpirate wrote:I used to be obsessed with Slimer's Hi-C drink when I was 8 or 9 ... but I'm not so sure that would be any good for tea.
Ecto-green! Oh my god! I loved that Hi-C!

Jan 9th, '06, 17:52

by librarianpirate » Jan 9th, '06, 17:52

I was freaking obsessed, man! It was crazy.

Jan 11th, '06, 15:36

by To A Tea » Jan 11th, '06, 15:36

OK, I want a 16 Candles tea, because what I couldn't do with Jake!

Jan 13th, '06, 23:49

by Al » Jan 13th, '06, 23:49

teaspoon wrote:Meanwhile, I'm eagerly awaiting an Outsiders tea, so I can conjure up a young Rob Lowe for my lonely best friend.

~tsp
Perhaps a "Stay Gold, Ponyboy" Golden Monkey tea?

Jan 14th, '06, 18:59

by teaspoon » Jan 14th, '06, 18:59

Al wrote: Perhaps a "Stay Gold, Ponyboy" Golden Monkey tea?
LoL perfect!

I just realized that I have another request. Top Gun tea. Please, Chris and Ilya? Pretty please? ;) I grew up watching that movie. It could be "Top Gunpowder" green tea. For moments when you feel the need... the need for speed. Great balls of fire!

~teaspoon, daughter of a Navy pilot
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

+ Post Reply