Anonymous banner ads

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jan 7th, '06, 13:48

Anonymous banner ads

by cyenobite » Jan 7th, '06, 13:48

Hello Adagio!
New customer here... very pleased with my IngenuiTEA set.
I found your website via a banner ad on a blog that I was reading. I too have a blog and would like to add one of your banner ads also... But when I looked at the ads, they all contained my first name. I like to remain anonymous on my blog so I won't be posting these banners... is there any way to either remove my name, or use my "screenname" for these?
Can I just go to my account and change my first name? or does it have to match my creditcard?

Thanks for a great service.
Cyen

Jan 8th, '06, 06:34

by himthatwas » Jan 8th, '06, 06:34

That's a good question. I had something of a similar issue. I wanted to put one of those "get a $5 gift certificate" ones on my page and was sent the code to do so but when I added it to my blog it said that it was from "Dr. W. H." I don't know any Dr. W. H. and he/she could be some creepy person that I don't really want to be mentioning on my page let alone getting thank you letters for. Might be a great person too but I'm not sure so I took it down. No big deal.

I'm interested to see if people give you crap for having annonymous blogging. It seems to really tick people off for some reason. Not to say around here, just in general if someone mentions that they do this someone always seems to go on some rant about it being a Diary and how can you? Crap like that. Well good luck.
For tales of the utmost stupidity, the outright thirsty, and the obscenely fickle eccentricities of tea drinkers, transporters, and makers of tea visit:

http://teasire.blogspot.com

Jan 8th, '06, 23:37
Adagio

by ilya » Jan 8th, '06, 23:37

We can change the code to give you control of the name field. I'll put it on my to-do list for Monday and email you when that option is available.

Jan 9th, '06, 17:50

thanks

by cyenobite » Jan 9th, '06, 17:50

ilya wrote:We can change the code to give you control of the name field. I'll put it on my to-do list for Monday and email you when that option is available.
Thanks ilya, I got the code and will give it a try.
When it's working I'll post back.
Cyen

Jan 12th, '06, 19:08

It works!

by cyenobite » Jan 12th, '06, 19:08

Thanks Adagio!
I got the code to work without a problem. I pulled my id code from one of the other banners and all I can hope for now is someone actually doing this to see if I'll get the credit for it :)
Thanks for the extra effort in creating this custom code for me.
If anyone would like to see my blog/adagio banner
http://cyenobite.blogspot.com/
ok, maybe that was a shameless plug.

regarding the above comment about anonymous blogging... I've never had anyone say anything to me. Like a diary? Yeah basically that's what a blog is at its simplest form. I don't see anything wrong with blogging anonymously, unless you were reporting actual news, at which point you would not be able to trust the content. I just do it for fun, and as a creative outlet of writing on a semi-daily basis.

Thanks again
Cyen

Jan 13th, '06, 02:57

by himthatwas » Jan 13th, '06, 02:57

If ever there has been a more appropriate time for shameless plugs I do not know of it. Highly appropriate time for a link.

The annonymous thing was just an curiosity. Thanks for the answer, and after a quick look at your page I feel I must comment. 2 and 1/2 years between post?!? That's classic. For a blog that's not abandoned I wonder what the record is. I'll use you as an example when people get on my case for taking a break. Have a nice cup.
For tales of the utmost stupidity, the outright thirsty, and the obscenely fickle eccentricities of tea drinkers, transporters, and makers of tea visit:

http://teasire.blogspot.com

+ Post Reply