Saturday 7/19/08 Favorite cup of the tea of the day?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your favorite cup of the tea of the day on a typical day would be...?

First tea of the day
42%
Second tea of the day
27%
Third tea of the day
2%
Fourth tea of the day
No votes
5th tea of the day
No votes
6th tea of the day
No votes
Last tea of the day
11%
Other?
18%

Total votes: 45

Jul 19th, '08, 03:53
Scrolling: scrolling

Saturday 7/19/08 Favorite cup of the tea of the day?

by Chip » Jul 19th, '08, 03:53

Yesterday should have been called Yeasterday...check it out to find out why. Teachatters voted overwhelmingly that they have changed their brewing methods. You can still vote and discuss this topic.

Welcome EVERYONE to TeaDay. Shall we brew and share what is in our cups today...all day?

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is ... which cup is your favorite cup of tea on a typical day? And of course why?

As always, I am truly looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone. Bottoms up, refill, repeat many times, after all...it is Saturday.
Last edited by Chip on Aug 16th, '08, 15:13, edited 2 times in total.

Jul 19th, '08, 03:54

by olivierco » Jul 19th, '08, 03:54

A Ceylon FOP from the Wewesse Estate in the Uva Region of Sri Lanka, prepared in a competition style tasting kit and displayed with a Blood Lily, the one that Chip wants.

I thought yesterday went quite well. Hi, I am Salsoto’s editor and occasional alter ego. Before he left on a backpacking tour of Europe, he stopped by my office and asked me to rummage through this box of snapshots he dumped on my desk and hand it off to this double agent with the unlikely name of olivierco. Front for the CIA maybe? Co., as we all know, is the standard abbreviation for company and what is the nickname for the CIA?
Hint:
  • THE COMPANY.
[/color]

So, you might not want to trust this guy. Just saying

Jul 19th, '08, 03:56

by olivierco » Jul 19th, '08, 03:56

Difficult to answer the poll.
Sometimes a tea tastes better (or not) depending on what I ate before, on the weather, on my mood and on other factors.

This morning keemun.

Jul 19th, '08, 04:58

by omegapd » Jul 19th, '08, 04:58

I picked third. My "day" usually starts at midnight and I normally have at least 2 cups of tea in my travel mug at work. I enjoy them, but don't have the time or desire to actually concentrate on them. My 3rd cup of the day comes after work, when I can sit down, have a bite of breakfast and read the paper. It's my wind down time and the tea is more important for me...I also splurge a little and pick a better tea to enjoy.

Jul 19th, '08, 05:59

by olivierco » Jul 19th, '08, 05:59

Houjicha karigane with my lunch.

Jul 19th, '08, 06:53

by augie » Jul 19th, '08, 06:53

olivierco wrote:A Ceylon FOP from the Wewesse Estate in the Uva Region of Sri Lanka, prepared in a competition style tasting kit and displayed with a Blood Lily, the one that Chip wants.
Ah, another fine something from the back yard (or midnight discount flowers & gifts)! Amazing, Oliverco, thanks for taking the time.

I voted the last cup of the day because that is when I have the most time to relax and enjoy.

I am off to the D$%#n laundromat, with a big jug of iced Oolong. My brand-new dryer broke and the part comes from New Zealand. :x The guy who picks up dry cleaning at my office is going to freak when he sees my cleaning bag Monday.

Have a fabulous weekend, all.

Jul 19th, '08, 08:34

by Riene » Jul 19th, '08, 08:34

First

*waits impatiently for Irish Breakfast to steep*
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jul 19th, '08, 09:07

by henley » Jul 19th, '08, 09:07

This is a really tough question for me! Of course I enjoy my tea w/bfast every morning. But I also enjoy sharing tea w/hubby at night after the kids are in bed. Then there's the Saturdays when hubby's at work, the kids are gone to gma's & I have the house all to myself!!! :D It's quite nice to eat lunch & enjoy my tea w/o any interruptions. So I guess my answer today is "other" since there's no "all of the above" option. :lol:

Fixed a pot of OBO#40 w/bfast & resteeped the leaves to make a pitcher of iced tea for later today. Have a great Saturday!

Jul 19th, '08, 10:23

by CynTEAa » Jul 19th, '08, 10:23

Happy TeaDay! I'd say the first cup is the most important, but my favorite is hard to call. :)

Not tea related, but want to share.
Last edited by CynTEAa on Jul 19th, '08, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 19th, '08, 10:34

by olivierco » Jul 19th, '08, 10:34

Premium sencha (Hibiki-an) right now.
Third steep (I should be able to get two more) and so far my 8th cup today.
The best (for the moment) was the 7th one. It might change during the rest of the day.

Jul 19th, '08, 10:47

by Carnelian » Jul 19th, '08, 10:47

The last cup of tea is both the favorite and the most important, wtithout tea before bed I don't sleep soundly.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jul 19th, '08, 11:01

by Rainy » Jul 19th, '08, 11:01

CynTEAa- that is just amazing, is it sunset? Love it! Thanks for posting it.

My favorite cup of tea is the first-
that first sip seems to always be followed by a sigh- ahhhhhh
:) I'm sure everyone knows that lovely feeling.

Earl Grey- my first cup today

Jul 19th, '08, 11:05

by Victoria » Jul 19th, '08, 11:05

CynTEAa wrote:Happy TeaDay! I'd say the first cup is the most important, but my favorite is hard to call. :)

Not tea related, but want to share.
Beautiful Cyn!! Is that the morning veiw from your balcony?

I voted SECOND. My first tea is usually a WAKE-UP black tea here at home. My second tea is a nice oolong at work in the quiet of the office since I am the first one in and typically have the first hour to myself.

Jul 19th, '08, 11:12

by kymidwife » Jul 19th, '08, 11:12

Other... I don't think my answer would be consistent from day to day. It varies too much according to whether I'm working, how much time I have to sit down and enjoy, and what's in my cup. Lately, the cup I've enjoyed most is when I have time to do multiple infusions of a good oolong, and I seem to enjoy the 2nd and 3rd infusions most.

Last night I flash-brewed some osmanthus oolong and discarded the first quick infusion to cut down the caffeine (I think I am getting way too much lately) and then fixed a cup, sweetened, for my 6 yr old nephew who loved it... and I think loved saying "oolong" as much as he enjoyed drinking it. I'm having more of the osmanthus oolong, iced, in my cup now... a really delicious tea from Upton's.

Have a great tea day.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 19th, '08, 11:36

by hop_goblin » Jul 19th, '08, 11:36

Boy that is a hard question to answer. But if I have to give an answer I would say the first. the first gongfu session makes the rest of the day a bit more tolerable.