Monday 7/21/08 Number of teaware pieces increased?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Still annual TeaCheckup. Has the number of teaware pieces significantly increased since last year?

YES...I went TeaWare crazy this past year
15%
Yes, most definitely
21%
Yes, I think so, buit not by that much
19%
No, I am about where I was last year with only very few aquisitions
19%
I am a newbie and I have a teaware problem since starting, YES
9%
I am a newbie with a significant teaware increase since starting
9%
I am a newbie with little or no teaware increase since starting
8%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 53

Jul 21st, '08, 00:42
Scrolling: scrolling

Monday 7/21/08 Number of teaware pieces increased?

by Chip » Jul 21st, '08, 00:42

Yesterday, TeaChatters passed part of their annual TeaCheckup, reporting overwhemingly that their TeaLeaves have improved since last year. You can still vote and discuss this topic.

Welcome everyone to TeaDay, let's brew and share what is in our cups today, all day.

Today's TeaPoll is another segment of our annual checkup. Has your number of teaware pieces significantly increased since last year...or if you are a newbie, then since you started. Please explain.

As always, I am looking forward to sharing our TeaDay together. Bottoms up, refill, repeat often...you need it after all, it is Monday.
Last edited by Chip on Aug 16th, '08, 15:08, edited 2 times in total.

Jul 21st, '08, 00:48

by olivierco » Jul 21st, '08, 00:48

Sencha in a lidded yunomi which the vendor called chikujaku which I think means bamboo or something. The leaves are fig, as are the green fruits.

You know, this Olivierco is turning out to be a good sort after all. I no longer think he's CIA, maybe ex-KGB, but definitely not CIA. I've won a good deal of money from him in cards so far.

Jul 21st, '08, 00:54

by olivierco » Jul 21st, '08, 00:54

YES...I went TeaWare crazy this past year is the right option from me.

Now it is slowing down because I think I have bought all I need, except a tray and a kettle (and some bodum glass teaware too). It doesn't mean anyway that I won't buy now and them some teaware.

This morning Yunnan golden tips.

Jul 21st, '08, 00:59

by hop_goblin » Jul 21st, '08, 00:59

BOY HAVE THEY EVER!!

Jul 21st, '08, 00:59

by kymidwife » Jul 21st, '08, 00:59

Funny that the poll is about teaware... I just ordered my first two yixing pots from Ebay about 10 minutes ago. I've got more teaware than I had a year ago, but not by much, so I haven't gone nutso with it yet. But that is subject to change without notice.

I'm sitting up late, answering phonecalls from pregnant women with issues, shopping for teaware, and sipping Adagio's TKY, which tastes just so absolutely good to me, I am gonna have to order more. I've been trying to hold out for the oolong pass box, but I can't wait.

After I sleep, I foresee having some fukamushi sencha supreme... I know I need to use it in a timely manner now that its open, and I've been craving it, but the caffeine levels in it seem to be too much for me to drink at night, so I will start early when I awake. Last time I had 2 or 3 infusions and then cold-brewed, and it was all very good.

Have a lovely tea day.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 21st, '08, 01:52

by chamekke » Jul 21st, '08, 01:52

Oddly enough, although I've been buying more sencha wares this year than before (two kyusu, plus some yunomi and chataku), on the whole my teaware purchases have really slowed down :oops: Over the last three years I've built up a fairly substantial collection of wares for Japanese tea ceremony (including some items that might be pretty unfamiliar to people here, such as futaoki or "lid rests") ... to the point where I've pretty much bought everything I wanted for home practice. So by comparison, in 2008 I've been positively restrained!

In my cup: nothing. I just got back from an evening with friends. Espresso was involved, and it seems to have given me a bit of a headache. So it's a hot bath and early bed for me :?

Jul 21st, '08, 02:35

by Pentox » Jul 21st, '08, 02:35

chamekke wrote:Oddly enough, although I've been buying more sencha wares this year than before (two kyusu, plus some yunomi and chataku), on the whole my teaware purchases have really slowed down :oops: Over the last three years I've built up a fairly substantial collection of wares for Japanese tea ceremony (including some items that might be pretty unfamiliar to people here, such as futaoki or "lid rests") ... to the point where I've pretty much bought everything I wanted for home practice. So by comparison, in 2008 I've been positively restrained!
On the note of finding tea ceremony wares, do you have any suggestions on a hearth heater? I forget the Japanese name for it.

Jul 21st, '08, 04:33

by Victoria » Jul 21st, '08, 04:33

YES...I went TeaWare crazy this past year

Most definitely.
Crazy.

Jul 21st, '08, 04:57

by Trey Winston » Jul 21st, '08, 04:57

I'm trying to not get bitten by the teaware bug, which is hard, what with all the pictures on Teachat and Salsero's daily masterpieces and so on. So far I've been successful, and spent my money on tea instead of fired clay. But the need is getting stronger... <twitch>
Trey

Jul 21st, '08, 08:10

by omegapd » Jul 21st, '08, 08:10

Yeah, a good bit. I've received some nice teaware as gifts and have bought 2 pots of my own.

This morning was a change of pace with a sample tin of Birthday Tea. The rest of the day will be a Pu-erh day, I'm sure. :wink:

EW

Jul 21st, '08, 08:22

by CynTEAa » Jul 21st, '08, 08:22

Trey Winston wrote:I'm trying to not get bitten by the teaware bug, which is hard, what with all the pictures on Teachat and Salsero's daily masterpieces and so on. So far I've been successful, and spent my money on tea instead of fired clay. But the need is getting stronger... <twitch>
I'm soooo bitten. But storage is an issue so I'm trying to behave. <twitch>

Starting off with Yunnan Gold but feeling a possible summer cold coming on...eek!
Going try some more FF Sencha as a remedy.

Have a good Monday all!

Jul 21st, '08, 08:52

by Katrina » Jul 21st, '08, 08:52

Definitely an increase in teaware here, but not by a huge amount. And I've actually purchased very little - some great gifts this year though. Mostly I've just been dusting off some pieces that hadn't been getting use (like the china cups).

Genmaicha to start and then I think I'm moving on to Red Robe Oolong.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jul 21st, '08, 09:00

by Riene » Jul 21st, '08, 09:00

I've bought a small amount of teaware this year--two combination cup/pots, and one little sage-green egg-shaped pot that I couldn't resist. I would buy more pots, but as CynTEAa says, storage is an issue, and really, do I need more pots?

(yes)

I think I want one of those cute little gaiwans... :shock:

PG Tips again today, trying to empty the box so I have an excuse to go tea shopping.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jul 21st, '08, 09:05

by CynTEAa » Jul 21st, '08, 09:05

Riene wrote:

I think I want one of those cute little gaiwans... :shock:
Yeah, in the past year, my little gaiwan has become a dear friend!

Jul 21st, '08, 09:10

by Zodduska » Jul 21st, '08, 09:10

Hi, my name is Jim and I'm an addict.. Since starting not long ago I have a pretty out of control collection going.

In my new bodum pavina cup that came in saturday is some FLT Dong Ding.
Happy Tea Day Everyone :)