kitchen display rack

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

kitchen display rack

Postby karlin14 » Oct 7th, '05, 14:08

i think it would be great if adagio created a display rack to display the 2 oz tins...similar to a decorative spice rack.
i like to buy the samples first...and the teas that go quickly...i order the larger size the next time. so, i have alot of 2 oz cans and am having an "avelanch" problem when i'm looking through them! all the cans are driving my husband crazy!! i need a simple storage solution.
karlin14

Postby snooc » Oct 7th, '05, 14:12

great idea! I'm having the same problem with my plethora of sample tins. I just like a lot of variety and like to try new teas. Plus I'd hate to buy a larger portion of something I didn't like and let it go to waste.
snooc

Postby Dronak » Oct 7th, '05, 17:46

That is a nice idea. I'm in the same sort of situation as snooc. I have a lot of sampler tins and wasn't sure how to store them. I ended up sticking them in a show box because I recently ordered new shoes. Interestingly enough, the box fits two 8x3 layers easily and could hold a third layer if you don't mind the box not closing. It's certainly not as nice or attractive as something like a display rack, but it works fine for me right now.
Dronak

Postby LavenderPekoe » Oct 7th, '05, 17:56

I was planning on getting some of that magnetic tape, you know, the stuff that is a long roll of magnet with sticky on the back? Then I would stick it to the inside of my pantry. The metal tins should easily hang from there (put them sideways so you can read the label, maybe?). Anyway, I haven't tried it yet, but it should work.
LavenderPekoe

Postby fpanko » Oct 23rd, '05, 00:39

Alicia wrote:I was planning on getting some of that magnetic tape, you know, the stuff that is a long roll of magnet with sticky on the back? Then I would stick it to the inside of my pantry. The metal tins should easily hang from there (put them sideways so you can read the label, maybe?). Anyway, I haven't tried it yet, but it should work.

That sounds pretty good. I have some of that magnet tape around here somewhere. I'll have to try this out.
fpanko

Postby teamuse » Oct 23rd, '05, 14:11

i would be all over a tea rack for the smaller tins. i usually have in upwords of 20 on a regular basis (35 being my all time high, i <3 christmas)...and we have regular teaslides due to our prowlings for tea. i would love to have something i could hang on the wall or set on the countertop.

the magnet idea is great, but we live in a tiny old apartment...and the pantry (well the whole kitchen really) is about the size of a crackerbox.

disclaimer: please forgive the lipton box in the upper right corner, my grandmother will drink nothing but :roll: (hangs head in shame). and bags of coffee beans will be soon to join it's tea brethren
teamuse

coraling small tins

Postby Misstea » Nov 29th, '05, 10:50

I have a solution, although temporary. I use those three tiered spice stands that you can buy at any store that carries kitchen supplies: ie Wal Mart, K Mart etc. As indicated they have 3 steps if you will just the right size to hold the cans and they actually expand horrozontally so they just about run the length of a book shelf shelf. Works for me and they are inexpensive; 3-5$s.
Misstea

Postby Valerie » Jan 10th, '06, 10:51

Ohh! Such a cool idea! Maybe a display rack for eact tin size! My friend Kate had a tea party and I "shopped" all her samples and got the 4oz tins of the ones I like! Now I need some kind of shelf to display all my teas! I have like 20 of them :oops: I supose I shouldn't tell my husband I bought 2 more yesterday!

Valerie
Valerie

Instant Messenger

Permissions